Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Tesla Model 3 BLE TPMS sensors for

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need advise from 2021 Model 3 owners. I am installed on a rims at Fontaine Tires new winter tires set and ready for swap in mid October. But Fontaine Tires installed aftermarket TPMS sensors which is $50 each and says they will works on 2021M3LR. I am doubt they will work or not, because some of members say need BLE TPMS from Tesla and aftermarket not working. For contact and advice from Tesla service - no any answer, no any reply on phone.

I need advise from 2021 Model 3 owners. I am installed on a rims at Fontaine Tires new winter tires set and ready for swap in mid October. But Fontaine Tires installed aftermarket TPMS sensors which is $50 each and says they will works on 2021M3LR. I am doubt they will work or not, because some of members say need BLE TPMS from Tesla and aftermarket not working. For contact and advice from Tesla service - no any answer, no any reply on phone.

You need the bluetooth sensors for 2021 model 3s from everything I read. You will not get advice from tesla for aftermarket TPMS for your vehicle (nor should you expect to receive such advice from tesla, other than "use the ones we sell".

Ask Fountain Tire rep for specs on sensors they intend to install. If they indicate 433 MHz operating frequency then they are old ones only compatible with pre refresh 2021 Model 3. If the spec indicates bluetooth operating frequency (2400 MHz) then there is a slight chance they might work. I have not heard of any aftermarket bluetooth TPMS that has been shown to be compatible with Tesla system as they seem to use a proprietary means of communicating over bluetooth. Only option is go to Tesla service center to purchase four bluetooth TPMS sensors from them and then have installed by Fountain Tire. I believe nominal cost was $150 CDN each last time I inquired.

Reactions: sunfarm
Definitely need BLE sensors for the 2021 M3P, and I believe all 2021 Model 3’s. Tire Rack has the right ones, as does Tesla, of course.

Ask Fountain Tire rep for specs on sensors they intend to install. If they indicate 433 MHz operating frequency then they are old ones only compatible with pre refresh 2021 Model 3. If the spec indicates bluetooth operating frequency (2400 MHz) then there is a slight chance they might work. I have not heard of any aftermarket bluetooth TPMS that has been shown to be compatible with Tesla system as they seem to use a proprietary means of communicating over bluetooth. Only option is go to Tesla service center to purchase four bluetooth TPMS sensors from them and then have installed by Fountain Tire. I believe nominal cost was $150 CDN each last time I inquired.
Thanks. I ordered from Tesla today 4 of them CAD$425 and will be delivered next week. I very like my M3LR and prepared 2 sets rims and tires: one for summer and one for winter.

Reactions: Braumin
For anyone else looking...

We offer Factory Tesla Bluetooth LE Sensors because we know that not everyone lives close to a Tesla Service Center nor are they the friendliest department to deal with 😅

Danny

Reactions: ColoradoMike

We offer Factory Tesla Bluetooth LE Sensors because we know that not everyone lives close to a Tesla Service Center nor are they the friendliest department to deal with 😅

Danny
Do these come with the black nuts to secure them to the wheels?

Do these come with the black nuts to secure them to the wheels?
Yes they do!

1630419122522.jpeg

Danny

• Helpful
Reactions: tm1v2 and drpheta
Not to be that guy, but those are gray; this is a black one:
Your sensor most likely have an aftermarket nut. Notice how the stem itself is dark grey.
1490701-01-B is sensor only with no nut included.

Our sensors (1490750-01-A) come directly from Tesla with that nut.
The silver version will come with silver nut and cap.
Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 8.38.14 AM.png

Image.jpeg

Danny

• Helpful
Reactions: tm1v2
Your sensor most likely have an aftermarket nut. Notice how the stem itself is dark grey.
1490701-01-B is sensor only with no nut included.

Our sensors (1490750-01-A) come directly from Tesla with that nut.
The silver version will come with silver nut and cap.
View attachment 703601

View attachment 703605

Danny
The ones from Tire Rack (what I have) come with the gray nuts as in your pic above; I bought the black nuts separately and swapped them out, as both of my sets of wheels are black.

Yours are cheaper though; TR charges $95 each.

Danny
Can you advise if these sensors are the same sensors for the 21 Model S Long Range?