Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This needs to be stickied somewhere:

There is never anything new in "point release" that is year.week.X.Y - if it's only X and/or Y that changes there's never anything new. They are bug fixes or tweaks to features that were released in one of the "week" releases.

Also, Tesla has almost always releases on 4-week cycles. 2022.4.x, 2022.8.x, up to 48, then it starts over the next year. The build you get at delivery is likely on some version that does NOT follow this, but as soon as you get your first update, you will be on this cycle.

But for point releases, no need to scramble to figure out what's new (nothing user facing) or be "FIRST!!11!" or whatever because there's nothing new. It might be new to you if you were on the previous week, but if the week's been out already, everyone knows what's in it.

This does not apply to FSD Beta however, which is a whole separate thing.

Last edited:
This needs to be stickied somewhere:

There is never anything new in "point release" that is year.week.X.Y
Except this one. Has an update to Model 3 drive inverters that was not in previous 12.X.

But yeah, no new features usually, seems like. But I'd bet they'd clean up typo level bugs, make obviously broken stuff work better.

• Helpful
Reactions: CheapBastid
But I'd bet they'd clean up typo level bugs

Trying to recall when any of my bugs were considered typo level 🤪.
A + instead of - in a motor control loop?
Map rendering code with `int background_color;` forgetting the `= gray` initialization part?
`int max_trunk_height = 10;` instead of `100`?