Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In order to have both seat icons the HVAC must be split. I have never used split HVAC (in such small volume it is more of a gimmick than a real thing) but definitely want “split” seat warmers.
I am a bit confused by everyone saying you have to have split HVAC for both front heated seat icons to show. I do have 2 temperature gauges on either side of the bottom of the screen, but the control of temperature is not "split". Changing the temp on one changes it on the other. And I have 2 heated seat icons.
Is there a setting where you only see one temperature gauge on the driver side? Is that what everyone means by "split"?

I am a bit confused by everyone saying you have to have split HVAC for both front heated seat icons to show. I do have 2 temperature gauges on either side of the bottom of the screen, but the control of temperature is not "split". Changing the temp on one changes it on the other. And I have 2 heated seat icons.
Is there a setting where you only see one temperature gauge on the driver side? Is that what everyone means by "split"?
On the 2021+ S you always see 2 temps and 2 seat controls, regardless of split. On cars with vertical center screen, the passenger temp only shows up when you split.

The Split option itself appears as blue text when you raise or lower temp, which then allows passenger to set their own.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boza
It does not make any sense for the seat warmers controls to be dependent on the HVAC settings. It is as if the blinkers are available only if the fog lights are off.
This unnecessary complexity reduces the optionality of the controls. It is ridiculous
-The visual presentation of seat warmers was better pre-V11, where you clicked on a visual representation of all 4 seats.
-The different icons styles for defrosters, wipers, seat warmers suggest a disregard for details and polish
-In the model 3, there's enough real estate for this so why not just get rid of the "recent apps" stuff and let us add 6-8 apps then keep the defrosters where they are?

I've tested this in my car. Disable split AC, press on passenger seat sensor area and seat heat icon appears on the screen.
You guys are talking about different cars. The behavior depends on whether you have vertical or horizontal screen, and which model. In Model S 2021+ the passenger seat control stays on screen regardless of Split setting. For pre-refresh S, I believe it only shows up with Split enabled. And for some reason on Model Y there is link to passenger seat sensor per @buddhafree. Makes perfect sense ;)

Anyone having map issues? My auto display is not working, staying on the satellite mode at night, and clicked on the maps to change to night. This morning it didn’t change back to satellite, also got a half black and white display. I tried every reset possible with no luck.

Attachments

• 47BE5B2C-9E3A-4870-9FB6-9F4767FCDDC8.jpeg
    47BE5B2C-9E3A-4870-9FB6-9F4767FCDDC8.jpeg
    370.8 KB · Views: 80
On the top right of your screen it says you have no cell service
Yeah I didn’t even realize that it does show no connection on that screen shot, I had my screen show I was in D while I was driving down the road multiple times before I got the latest beta update last week with D as my speed. Scroll wheel reset fixes the speedo. Seems like our early M3 are more buggy with these updates over the last year and even more buggy since V11 I feel. I might have a possible issue with my LTE card then.
I will have service look in 2 weeks since I finally got a stress crack in the back window and will loose my awesome orange rainbow glass.

Attachments

• BAAE309D-73E7-4EBD-95DF-BF7E23160C2A.jpeg
    BAAE309D-73E7-4EBD-95DF-BF7E23160C2A.jpeg
    380.2 KB · Views: 64