Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another data point:

Reinstalled the app, logging back in, etc. In thea meantime I also upgraded the car to 2022.24.6, and did a two button reset.

Car slept for 11 hours overnight, so thought maybe it was fixed, but it's woken up twice since for no reason at all, just because I unlocked my phone. So, 2022.24.6 doesn't fix it, and neither does the latest iOS app.

• Informative
Reactions: Cardo
I am Jack's raging insomnia...

random-wakeups.png

Another workaround for those that are bothered. I was trying to figure out why turning off mobile data and Bluetooth in the iOS setting for the app didn’t stop the frequent wake ups.

It turns out that apps can still communicate when on Wi-Fi regardless of the mobile data setting, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to stop the app communicating via Wi-Fi that I can find. So I’ve also disabled Wi-Fi completely and the app can’t connect to the outside world anymore. Wake ups aren’t occurring as a result.

Not a fix but if you don’t want to disable Bluetooth for other reasons and can do without Wi-Fi then it can be another workaround to try.

It’s definitely not just Bluetooth at work here.

I switched it off last night, and was in town earlier today, 25 miles away from my car, so thought it would be safe to turn it back on, because I was getting annoyed that my watch wasn’t giving me notifications etc.

Switched it back on and within seconds I noticed on TeslaMate (which i had open, ready for the worst) that my car had just woken up and was now online. It had previously been asleep for over 17 hours.

The Tesla app wasn’t running in the background on my phone, and I was obviously far too far away for any kind of Bluetooth connection. I was on 5G though.

No idea what’s going on with the latest iOS app but it is definitely causing problems.

It can stay asleep for several hours at a time but still be affected. I would not read too much into a ~4 hour sleep to be honest.

Prior to this all happening my car would sleep for days at a time (I don’t use it much currently), with just using my phone normally - Bluetooth etc on, Tesla app closed and not in the background - it’s waking up fairly regularly.

It can stay asleep for several hours at a time but still be affected. I would not read too much into a ~4 hour sleep to be honest.

Prior to this all happening my car would sleep for days at a time (I don’t use it much currently), with just using my phone normally - Bluetooth etc on, Tesla app closed and not in the background - it’s waking up fairly regularly.
Just to add to your take, here's mine on 2022.20.8.

Screenshot 2022-09-11 at 20.47.55.png
I wish I could sleep that well ;)

I have an iPhone but no Apple Watch.

I don't want to jynx it but the car's been behaving the past 24 hours. I've restored my Bluetooth and data settings to normal and the car doesn't wake unless I approach it. The alarm doesn't kick off and something I've noticed is that the HV contactors flick on much quicker than usual when I wake the car.

It's quite possibly an iPhone only problem. If your partner has an Android phone (or you do) then that might be a workaround.

I guess as problems go it's not the end of the world if the car keeps spontaneously waking up, but it sure is irritating when it could sleep for days if you're not using it.
I am having this problem as well on 10.69.2 with android app car wakes after 15 minutes and alarm goes off

I set up an SC appointment for the alarm but it was of course cancelled. I too had the latest iOS app but the alarm issue was only cured under 2022.24.6
I am having this issue as well the car is waking up and alarm is going off. Car only sleeps for 15 min at most. What did the sc say. I brought mine in today and they replaced the frunk latch caue the frunk kept popping open when it happened as well andriod phone s22 car versio is beta 10.69.2 or 2022.20.15 app ver 4.12.1