Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, your download is not stuck midway.

It's checking the signatures and the downloaded files to ensure everything is fine. If 1% of cars crash down during update, that's a lot of cars Tesla has to handle.
I did put "stuck" in quotes...

It is just weird that it just started with recent versions where it gets "stuck" at 50% for hours, and hours. (I can't imagine that it actually takes ~12 hours to check the signatures.) It has always unpacked and verified signatures, but it never took this long.

You used to be able to go from nothing, to downloading, to unpacking, to signature verification, to install, to done in less than 2 hours. That no longer is the case. Something different is happening at 50% now.

edit: OK, I have to take some of that back, the 2022.24.5 to 2022.24.6 upgrade took ~20 minutes to get to 50%, then took about an hour to continue. (But it did take about 12 hours for the upgrade to 2022.24.5 to get past 50%.)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Transformer
I did put "stuck" in quotes...

It is just weird that it just started with recent versions where it gets "stuck" at 50% for hours, and hours. (I can't imagine that it actually takes ~12 hours to check the signatures.) It has always unpacked and verified signatures, but it never took this long.

You used to be able to go from nothing, to downloading, to unpacking, to signature verification, to install, to done in less than 2 hours. That no longer is the case. Something different is happening at 50% now.

edit: OK, I have to take some of that back, the 2022.24.5 to 2022.24.6 upgrade took ~20 minutes to get to 50%, then took about an hour to continue. (But it did take about 12 hours for the upgrade to 2022.24.5 to get past 50%.)
2022.24.5 took an hour and 17 minutes from go ahead to complete for us the other day. I've had the much longer hangups with other updates as well. It seems like sometimes it has the 50% hang and sometimes not. Not consistent.

I got 24.5 on Friday, and then in what I believe is the shortest interval between updates since we've owned it, got 24.6 on Monday.
This happened to us as well. Interesting, because as far as we know for sure 2022.24.6 only changes to Teslavision for cars with radar, and nothing else is different from 2022.24.5 in the documentation.

So there must be some undocumented bug fixes in 24.5->24.6 as well.

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12
Rolls out depending on configuration
Friends of ours who just got their 22 MYLR 2 weeks ago downloaded 24.6 Monday morning. We downloaded it to our 22 MYLR Monday evening. We have had the blended brake feature now for a month or so. It is still there. Our friend's car doesn't have it. Not doubting you, but not sure what the difference is in configuration. Lithium 12 volt? Rear shelf?

🤷‍♂️

Friends of ours who just got their 22 MYLR 2 weeks ago downloaded 24.6 Monday morning. We downloaded it to our 22 MYLR Monday evening. We have had the blended brake feature now for a month or so. It is still there. Our friend's car doesn't have it. Not doubting you, but not sure what the difference is in configuration. Lithium 12 volt? Rear shelf?

🤷‍♂️

I have the option and I’m on 22.8. It wasn’t there when I first downloaded it, but when I looked a couple of days ago it was there. 2020 Model 3 LR.

Reactions: DrGriz
This happened to us as well. Interesting, because as far as we know for sure 2022.24.6 only changes to Teslavision for cars with radar, and nothing else is different from 2022.24.5 in the documentation.

So there must be some undocumented bug fixes in 24.5->24.6 as well.

Underlined = Almost certainly. :D

I do that (as a developer) too, I'll have functional updates that are described, maybe a few very specific bug fixes that are documented in the changelog as well, but usually a handful of "Fixes and Improvements", typically they're trivial things that could wait, but since they were doing the .6 for the Teslavision update, they probably just took advantage.

Reactions: DrGriz