Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.36 — Official Release Notes and Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checked my 2021 MSP. Walk away door lock, sentry mode etc Normal.

That happens to me once in a while after an update. Rebooting fixes it.
Walk away lock working on both my model 3 and model Y which both have this version.

After every single update, I always go into the car and execute a "power off", (with the drivers door open) then close the drivers door and leave the car in this "powered off" state until the next time I drive it.

My purpose here is to ensure the car goes to sleep "fully" after every update. I dont tend to see many of the strange glitches others see after updates either. Not sure this is cause and effect, it just makes me feel better "fully rebooting" after updating a piece of IT equipment, which this car certainly is.

With the latest app you can now remotely open the drivers door without using the door handle. It’s said to be useful if your door is frozen shut, I guess you still want the glass to drop. M3 and MY only. Not sure whether it asks for confirmation if you're a distance away from the car as you can't close the door if you do it by accident.

82E4DA30-9C7E-461F-935F-31ADF350AC10.jpeg

Last edited:
I no longer have supercharger show up on my nav UNLESS I press charging. Anyone have this happen? Before if I zoom in close enough to my region it'll show me all the supercahrgers near me
Is points of interest turned off (its the other icon next to the charging icon you're selecting to pick a supercharger)? I've found it sometimes changes after a new release.

I'm really liking 2022.36.2. Dropped a number of cool features on us. I especially like the enhanced Energy app.

One bug of note in my 2022 Model 3 is that Sentry Mode is not ignored at Home. I was out blowing leaves near my car and Sentry Mode triggered. "No worries." I figured the update had inadvertently turned off the ignore slider.

When I went out to the car a couple hours later, expecting 52% SOC, I was stunned to find 31%. The new detail in the Energy app confirmed essentially all that was Sentry Mode - which, being parked at 'Home,' should never have been active. This over a period of about 48 hours.

The slider was still ticked, so it's clearly a bug. I've turned off Sentry Mode until an update fixes that.

• Helpful
Reactions: Transformer
With the latest app you can now remotely open the drivers door without using the door handle. It’s said to be useful if your door is frozen shut, I guess you still want the glass to drop. M3 and MY only. Not sure whether it asks for confirmation if you're a distance away from the car as you can't close the door if you do it by accident.

View attachment 864055
I upgraded my phone app to 4.14 too, and this unlatch feature did not appear anywhere on the app