Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update is decent, but like I suspected, there's some annoyances with the Apple Music App. Shuffle sucks, I have 54 pages of music, but it will only shuffle one page at a time and the process is slow to jump to the next page. Also, as others have mentioned, there is slight buffering delay when changing songs. The quality seems decent and I'm holding out hope for loseless when/if we get atmos.

Nobody has reported any bugs or regressions in this release! So when it comes around, we can install it without waiting for fixes.

(Yes, there's some disagreement with the passenger's access to audio controls and room to refine the new features, but these are small tradeoffs for the UI improvements.)

I've two 1.25 hour drives with this holiday update and I like everything. The auto turn signals is a nice addition. The nav instructions being split up is nice too.

Before this update we often found ourselves adjusting the temperature up or down a few degrees every ten to fifteen minutes. Drove for almost three hours today and didn't have to adjust the cabin temperature once.

Having Apple Music on the car display is easier than streaming from our iPhones. We would use a voice command to find an artist, then select an album. Sometimes the albums songs would show in a list, sometimes they wouldn't. What will make the album's songs be displayed every time?

Addendum to my earlier review: I've already switched off the automatic turning off of the turn signal. It seemed to work ok in certain situations but didn't behave as expected in others, either leaving it on when it shouldn't have, or turning it off earlier than I would have liked. Ultimately, I think this is one of those things that doesn't need to be automated. Holding down the stalk halfway while making a lane change or taking an exit really isn't taxing.

Remember this well when newer owners in the not to distant future will not have the luxury of using a physical stalk and will instead be trying to "press" on the right spot on a capacitive pad somewhere on the steering wheel to turn off the turn signal when the auto-off fails.

Do the newer S/X's actually have the 3 blinker signal, or is it just press on and press off?

Remember this well when newer owners in the not to distant future will not have the luxury of using a physical stalk and will instead be trying to "press" on the right spot on a capacitive pad somewhere on the steering wheel to turn off the turn signal when the auto-off fails.
FWIW, Dirty Tesla's skeptical wife Stephanie loves the yoke and touch buttons:

Later on in the video she says she would not trade the X for a Rivian because she does not want to lose the yoke and touch buttons. She's not a big fan of FSDb but she loves the touch buttons.

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
FWIW, Dirty Tesla's skeptical wife Stephanie loves the yoke and touch buttons:

Later on in the video she says she would not trade the X for a Rivian because she does not want to lose the yoke and touch buttons. She's not a big fan of FSDb but she loves the touch buttons.

I've been using the yoke for 10 month now. On one hand, I do like the extra visibility and the layout. Particularly the turning signal/buttons - it's way easier to use than the stalk once you are used to it.

On the other hand,
a. it's still much easier to do one hand driving w/ the round wheel than the yoke. You can, sort of, drive w/ the yoke one hand (either hand), but the action is not really fluid.

b. the horn button, particularly the location of it, is something I am not fond of at all and will never be. It's hard enough to re-train yourself to hit that particular tinny location on demand (say when someone cuts you off) - but when your yoke is not in the 12 o'clock position, then you are pretty much out of luck honking, period. I sure hope they can return

c. another thing i don't like, but not particularly about the yoke, is the "swipe for drive/reverse" function. 99% of the time it works, but be careful that 1% of the time when you mis-swiped - watch out when you engage all that torque.

Other than the “Fart” and rear screen control, I’m wondering what this Christmas update has to offer the Model S & X that they don’t already have. Apple Music is no deal for me since I use XM, and God knows we don’t need anymore kids games.
I really wish Tesla would have updated the drivers infotainment console. There has not been one update to it since the Model S came out. It is still missing media controls/album art, which should be on left side of the infotainment console. Blind spot video should should also be on the left side. I just can’t comprehend why it never gets an update.

Looking forward to Apple Music, whenever I finally get the update and trying MyQ, even though we already have Homelink, but your right after that, there is little new than what the refresh Model S already had.

Reactions: SDRick
Wonder what the hell this is? Such a strange number since 44.25.x should be the highest number and including the holiday. So what is a 44.30.x??????? Is it holiday and Beta. Too early to tell so I guess we wait.

Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 4.24.42 PM.png

Usually 44.25 is the last for the year with the holiday stuff. Here is last year.

Where is this "usually" coming from? One year does not a usual make...

Sure, last year 2021.44.x might have been the last version, but in
So, in 4 of the last 6 years they have gone past 44. (i.e. it seems like they do not usually end at 44.)

Last edited: