Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Delivery Date for my Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model Y long range estimated delivery February 27- March 29. Ordered Later September.
Sounds about right, my OD 9/8 and EDD Jan 19 - Feb 16. In a different post I noticed a RN # with an OD late July. From late July to early Sep when I ordered mine there were almost 300K in difference, or orders if the RN #'s actually go sequentially. Not saying that all were MY LR, just 300K difference/orders.

warm waffles👍👍

Ordered MYLR Wht/ Blk, Tow on 7-14 with EDD of 10-18 to 10 -29. I received my VIN (2021) early this morning. My concern is taking delivery of 2021 when 2022 model year VIN's may begin as early as next week? SA's don't really know (or won't say) when the model year will actual switch over but history indicates it will happen by end of month October. Is there a way to delay the order without getting pushed to the back of the line?

Ordered MYLR Wht/ Blk, Tow on 7-14 with EDD of 10-18 to 10 -29. I received my VIN (2021) early this morning. My concern is taking delivery of 2021 when 2022 model year VIN's may begin as early as next week? SA's don't really know (or won't say) when the model year will actual switch over but history indicates it will happen by end of month October. Is there a way to delay the order without getting pushed to the back of the line?
An "L" in your VIN indicates '21, an "M" indicates '22 if I'm not mistaken, newbe and all. The real change btwn models will be when gigaTX starts rolling out their new 'casts' and the new battery pack. I've seen other posts here with deliveries in Oct with the M in their VIN. Interestingly, if gigaTX starts shipping in '22 their VIN will have an "M" but with the new 'casts'; no firm word on the new battery.

An "L" in your VIN indicates '21, an "M" indicates '22 if I'm not mistaken, newbe and all. The real change btwn models will be when gigaTX starts rolling out their new 'casts' and the new battery pack. I've seen other posts here with deliveries in Oct with the M in their VIN. Interestingly, if gigaTX starts shipping in '22 their VIN will have an "M" but with the new 'casts'; no firm word on the new battery.
M is 21, N will be 22 from what I have seen in the threads.

Not very often and a good part of them is when there's something wrong with the car.
I can attest to this. After waiting for 3+ months, I was scheduled to pick-up my Y LR today. I did a pre-delivery walk around of my Model Y right after it came off the delivery truck and quickly discovered it had incurred significant damage to front lower bumper and quarter panel during transport staging inspection in Fremont CA; there was a logistics transport damage report document inside the vehicle that confirmed Tesla knew about the damage even before it was delivered to the local store. When I informed the local Tesla store of the issues, they were insistent that I take the vehicle as-is and would arrange for body work / repairs later. Hell NO !!! I don't want a new vehicle that has to be patched and repainted. It has been one of the most frustrating experiences I ever had as a result of a store and SA that doesn't follow up or communicate. I finally had to call corp. Tesla to request another vehicle VIN, but I'm still in limbo as my account still shows the same VIN with a moved out delivery date. At this juncture, they can't tell when I will receive a replacement order? I highly suggest anyone that considers a accepting a previous cancelled order vehicle to look at the VIN to make sure it's a "fresh VIN" compared to current deliveries and ask if it has required repairs or bodywork. Even though the delivery experience thus far has been a total nightmare, I still remain hopeful Tesla will come through and do the right thing.

Attachments

• IMG_0110 (2).jpg
    IMG_0110 (2).jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 166
I did a pre-delivery walk around of my Model Y right after it came off the delivery truck and quickly discovered it had incurred significant damage to front lower bumper and quarter panel during transport staging inspection in Fremont CA; there was a logistics transport damage report document inside the vehicle that confirmed Tesla knew about the damage even before it was delivered to the local store.
How were you able to arrange a pre-delivery walk around?

OD:10/12, MYLR White, B/W Premium Int, 19", 7 seater, Autopilot, FSD, Tow Hitch. EDD Apr 2021

This AM I logged into my account and saw:

Estimated Delivery: December 21 - December 31

Anyone else?
This is great! Most people are not as lucky. I ordered a month before you and expecting to receive the car a month after you.
I hope your EDD stays.

OD:10/12, MYLR White, B/W Premium Int, 19", 7 seater, Autopilot, FSD, Tow Hitch. EDD Apr 2021

This AM I logged into my account and saw:

Estimated Delivery: December 21 - December 31

Anyone else?
I would be a little skeptical of that date, but I hope it works out for you. I ordered 8/31 and have a Jan - Feb range. Also a 7 seater in white.

I ordered mine in July and the delivery date was to be in Nov 2021, now it is March 2022.
I checked your 3 posts to find your order date which seems it is 1st July. So this extended delay is totally beyond usual delivery time. Did you complete your registration late or make any changes after your booking or delayed entering payment information late? There is no explanation for the extended delay in your case:
"MYLR|Blue/black|19" Ordered in July, 1st date 11/21, last week expected delivery 1/28/22-2/28/22, This week 2/14-3/14/22 delivery. Got a VIN # a few weeks ago." posted on 17th October by you.