Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Delivery Date for my Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a white MYLR on 9/13. After not having an EDD for about a month it started showing March 8 - April 1st. Checked today and it now says September. Hoping it is an error because that seems extreme...

Was never contacted by a SA or spoken/chatted with anyone about the vehicle after placing the order.

2022 Ys being delivered
55A76330-B0E3-49A5-BD17-BC3CA1AA8D22.jpeg

Reactions: KAUSTIN and MY-user
How do you add insurance without a VIN?
You do need a completed profile. You still will prolly get your car next year, but to be in queue, it needs a completed profile. Like Insurance uploaded, Finance options completed etc.
I didn’t upload insurance until day before delivery - after reading people here say it was required I emailed my SA who said that it wasn’t part of profile completion.

As a data point:
OD - 09/19/2021
MYLR, 19", 7 seater
Initial EDD was March...now showing Jan 14-Feb 11

I made the mistake of going through the whole financing process...will have to look into the DCU option since rates there look better.

Hello:
I just ordered my new Model Y. The projected delivery date is April 2022. Does anyone else have date that far out?
My personal theory is that the MY's in the North/East are going to get a big EDD cut by a month or more, before the end of November.
The West Coast gets a bit of a priority due to the Fremont plant being in California. The North/East has been getting longer EDD's and less fulfillment according to the Survey & Order Tracker spreadsheet on this site. Although it's just one data collection point, it seems to support slightly exaggerated disproportionate deliveries by region for the last 3-4 months.
So, I think it points to Giga-Austin coming online soon - Why would you ship cars to a farther region, with the extra days and miles, and basically pass by the soon-to start factory? (As long as you believe it's going to come on-line soon)

Tomorrow is the shareholders meeting at Giga-Austin.
I'm going to make a prediction of an announcement that Austin is going to start production within days of Berlin, and have one-piece front and rear MY's coming off the line shortly...which will cut EDD's to any place East of Austin as the production rate increases thru December.
and TSLA will hit $1300 as long as Elon doesn't smash anything by accident or Tweet that the stock should be $700. :rolleyes:

My personal theory is that the MY's in the North/East are going to get a big EDD cut by a month or more, before the end of November.
The West Coast gets a bit of a priority due to the Fremont plant being in California. The North/East has been getting longer EDD's and less fulfillment according to the Survey & Order Tracker spreadsheet on this site. Although it's just one data collection point, it seems to support slightly exaggerated disproportionate deliveries by region for the last 3-4 months.
So, I think it points to Giga-Austin coming online soon - Why would you ship cars to a farther region, with the extra days and miles, and basically pass by the soon-to start factory? (As long as you believe it's going to come on-line soon)

Tomorrow is the shareholders meeting at Giga-Austin.
I'm going to make a prediction of an announcement that Austin is going to start production within days of Berlin, and have one-piece front and rear MY's coming off the line shortly...which will cut EDD's to any place East of Austin as the production rate increases thru December.
and TSLA will hit $1300 as long as Elon doesn't smash anything by accident or Tweet that the stock should be $700. :rolleyes:
Giga Austin isn’t close to completion. Let alone production. Keep dreaming. These new batteries are hitting Ys in Q2 or 3 at best

Reactions: YYZblues