Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 LR Discount

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I currently drive a 2016 90D. Tesla is offering 11k discount on LR 2022 model. I have made the reservation but I am a bit confused. Is the refresh coming soon? Should I hold off the purchase? The car still looks almost the same from outside compared to my 2016. Also there is 14k discount on Plaid. Should I opt for Plaid? Is there any difference between 2022 and 2023 LR?

2022 and newer is the refresh model.

I would 100% get the plaid over the LR. There is nothing short of mind-boggling entertainment every time I drive the car. Plus it gets almost the same identical range with about 350hp more.

22-23 are minor cosmetic changes. tilt front screen (which very few people actually even use), new tail lights, new headlights, new charge port. But nothing has changed of substance.

You posted this twice?

I would 100% get the plaid over the LR. There is nothing short of mind-boggling entertainment every time I drive the car. Plus it gets almost the same identical range with about 350hp more.

22-23 are minor cosmetic changes. tilt front screen (which very few people actually even use), new tail lights, new headlights, new charge port. But nothing has changed of substance.

Youre a bit mistaken, since 23 they’re coming with hw4.

So discounts are to sell the outdated ones away fast.

Hi, I currently drive a 2016 90D. Tesla is offering 11k discount on LR 2022 model. I have made the reservation but I am a bit confused. Is the refresh coming soon? Should I hold off the purchase? The car still looks almost the same from outside compared to my 2016. Also there is 14k discount on Plaid. Should I opt for Plaid? Is there any difference between 2022 and 2023 LR?
I'd keep the '19 for another year unless you are expecting major problems out of warranty. Enjoy your FUSC, data, leather, sunroof, nose cone old school vibe, and light interior, if you have all those things.

Delivery and service are not what they were in '16. Put that "experience" off as long as possible. Here is mine from last May:

New cameras and HW4 are coming soon. Who knows if they will be a huge improvement, but greater than zero chance they will come later and perform worse than promised. AP1 works almost as well as AP3, as an example.

Maybe invest the down payment in an index fund, or even TSLA, and you will make enough to switch to plaid.

Reactions: Nickos

Mid-22 onwards has all the new stuff (minus the larger rear screen). Mid 2023 will be HW4, it appears.

Reactions: aerodyne