Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 M3P 900 miles, Unresponsive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couldn’t open doors, disconnect charge cable, access vehicle through app or keycard. Error descriptions attached.

No notable issues leading up to this or differences in my use or charging behavior prior to discovering the car wasn’t drivable this morning when I was headed to work.

Towed to SC this morning, have had no substantive updates or even diagnosis for over 5 hours now. Deeply irritating for an essentially brand new $70k vehicle. Wondering if these specific problems have come up for others?

SC said they believed it wasn’t just the 12v battery and required it to be towed in. Tow driver was able to access the vehicle and power it on to pull it out of my garage.

Attachments

• 036CB6A2-9245-4FA0-B7C8-21110FF83AB6.jpeg
    036CB6A2-9245-4FA0-B7C8-21110FF83AB6.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 152
I wouldn’t call this “stereotypical,” but certainly “nightmarish.” Hopefully it is fixable!

If it adds any optimism, I am at 5500 miles in my first 2 months of M3P ownership with no issues, including several road trips and one AutoX race day.
It doesn’t, but I do appreciate the anecdote. So far you’ve had an 80%+ better experience than I have.

Got the car back on Monday, SA essentially just read the service notes back to me when I asked what the exact issue was or what could have caused it. Apparently the tech also broke a coolant pipe that needed to be replaced during the service.

From what I inferred, there was a low voltage battery issue. The tech advised me to keep cabin overheat protection on given the 110-plus temps in my area. Found that a little ridiculous that the going advise is heat can potentially brick these things but otherwise receiving no other diagnostic info— but I’m frankly over it /hoping for smooth sailing from here.

Reactions: shrspeedblade