Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model Y - USB Data Ports - USB-A Glovebox Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding the link (Console Data Transmission Module) provided in previous post, it is considered high-risk by cybersecurity companies like Palo Alto Networks. I would highly recommend not entering your credit card information on that site. When I verified it at Palo Alto Networks URL filtering - Test A Site it said:
  • Category: Unknown
  • Description: Unknown The website has not yet been categorized, so it does not exist in the URL filtering database on the firewall or in the URL cloud database. When deciding on what action to take for traffic categorized as unknown, be aware that setting the action to block may be very disruptive to users because there could be a lot of valid sites that are not in the URL database yet. If you do want a very strict policy, you could block this category, so websites that do not exist in the URL database cannot be accessed.
  • Category: High Risk
  • Description: Sites that were previously confirmed to be malicious but have displayed benign activity for at least 30 days. Bulletproof ISP-hosted sites and sites with an IP address from an ASN that is known to allow malicious content. Sites that are associated with confirmed malicious activity (for example, they share the same domain). Unknown sites are considered high risk until PAN-DB completes a site analysis and categorization of the site.
Hi,

Thank you for providing the information!

We just landed U.S. 3 month ago and just join the TMC Community this month! That's might be the reason Palo Alto Networks didn't catch our website information!

Don't worry, we are legit Tesla Accessories Supplier located south California!

We are working on improve our customers shopping experiences and our website are powered by Shopify, which means the payment will be taking care of by Shopify. We have no controls on customers payment and won't have any payment information from our customers!

For the payment failure issues, don't hesitate to contact Shopify to find a quick solution!!! (we pay a lot to Shopify for taking the payment for us!)

Also, if you have any questions, please message us through the forum and email: [email protected], we will be here to help!

Want to know more information about us? See our vendor post here at TMC!

If you'd like to order our Data Transmission Module, please see our product page here:

Our Intel atom data module will be back-in-stock sooner than the AMD data module. If you already placed a backorder for intel atom data module, you can expect it before end of this February. The AMD version will be available before middle of March.

TPARTS

Discover more fun on your Tesla
www.tparts.us

My Tparts module arrived in Canada already. Ordered on Friday and arrived on Tuesday. Won't be delivered until this Friday though and found out I have UPS brokerage fees I need to pay. Looking into self-clearing the package myself to save on the ridiculous $27 brokerage fee.
Glad to hear you placed the before it goes backordered! The data module sells really fast!!! Would you please kindly share a product review for the TMC members once you have our product?

Reactions: uberfunk
Also, I ordered other items and they shipped them out IMMEDIATELY arriving the next day. I am located in Los Angeles so shipping times aren't fair for everyone else lol but they do ship pretty darn quickly.
;)Glad you enjoy our service! Yes, we are finally here! Our warehouse is at Tustin, so if you are living in California, you will enjoy the "NEXT DAY SHIPPING SERVICE".

Not sure either, but it ended up working the next day. Also, the module said "backordered until March", but it shipped and was received in about 3 days. California here too.
We normally put back-order before our inventory completely went out, cause we don't want to disappoint our customers! Would you kindly share a review of our product here for TMC members? It seems like many members are still questioning the functionality of our product! A product review will be really helpful for the community and TPARTS! Thank you so much!;)

Reactions: Morwynn
Hi,

Thank you for providing the information!

We just landed U.S. 3 month ago and just join the TMC Community this month! That's might be the reason Palo Alto Networks didn't catch our website information!

Don't worry, we are legit Tesla Accessories Supplier located south California!

We are working on improve our customers shopping experiences and our website are powered by Shopify, which means the payment will be taking care of by Shopify. We have no controls on customers payment and won't have any payment information from our customers!

For the payment failure issues, don't hesitate to contact Shopify to find a quick solution!!! (we pay a lot to Shopify for taking the payment for us!)

Also, if you have any questions, please message us through the forum and email: [email protected], we will be here to help!

Want to know more information about us? See our vendor post here at TMC!

If you'd like to order our Data Transmission Module, please see our product page here:

Our Intel atom data module will be back-in-stock sooner than the AMD data module. If you already placed a backorder for intel atom data module, you can expect it before end of this February. The AMD version will be available before middle of March.

TPARTS

Discover more fun on your Tesla
www.tparts.us
I didn't see a way to order with "Pickup" as the option in Tustin. I saw it before, but now it's gone. How can I submit an order for pickup?

It is for compatibility with the Tesla infotainment system CPU. The earlier Model Y vehicles use the Intel Atom processor. The current production Model Y use the AMD Ryzen CPU.
I think the original question is a fair one... it's just a USB chipset for an x86_64 architecture. Only reason I can think of would maybe be a connector switch from mini-usb to some other interface, but it seems odd that Tesla would even bother switching the cable harness for something they were discontinuing anyway (why not just get rid of it entirely). I'm curious to know what TPARTS has to say.

I think the original question is a fair one... it's just a USB chipset for an x86_64 architecture. Only reason I can think of would maybe be a connector switch from mini-usb to some other interface, but it seems odd that Tesla would even bother switching the cable harness for something they were discontinuing anyway (why not just get rid of it entirely). I'm curious to know what TPARTS has to say.

Correct, I know there are 2 different chipsets but I don't understand why there are two versions of this module. To me it shouldn't matter but I'd like to hear tparts explanation. I thought I saw someone received an Intel version and it worked for the AMD version. I doubt there is some software driver issues.

I didn't see a way to order with "Pickup" as the option in Tustin. I saw it before, but now it's gone. How can I submit an order for pickup?
Hi Jeff,

It seems like Shopify had a glitch on the local pickup function and we've solved it now. You may try it again and you will see a local pickup option at check out! Thank you so much for your information! Let us know if there's anything we can help!