Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model Y - USB Data Ports - USB-A Glovebox Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cross posting this into this thread to so people know.

SC really gave me the run around on this. Dropped off vehicle and waited for 3+ hours. What a waste of time.

Spoke with the lead tech and he told me that part number for the hub is the same one without the data connection. He said they don’t make it anymore with the data port. The taped up data cable is just old from before and isn’t plugged into the MCU (I didn’t verify). Official policy is to use usb ports in glove compartment for data.

I think I’m done trying to make this work. Not worth it. Hopefully this post saves someone the headache of trying to get their SC to install it.

7D2EFB2C-7A96-42B8-962D-FAB6308D38E3.jpeg

That SC probably lazy or don't know what's he talking about, he's complete wrong!!!
My buddy and I stop by the SC in NorCal and was able to pick up 2 hubs without any problem. I'd go with OEM instead of 3rd party hub.
Want to pick one up for me? Haha. I just don’t really want to run the wire to plug into the MCU if it’s not there.

Yeah, I drove all the way home and when I opened my Tesla app my car was still in service mode. Then they called me and said my car is ready…yet I was already home with my car. Asked them if they could take it out of service mode.

Reactions: irobot2090
Just finished installing my HUB/MODULE. Got lucky and the cables were already installed with the data connector taped around the power cable. Copied about 6k songs to a thumbdrive, and VOILA! Everything works as intended. Thanks to everyone in this thread for all the good information.
I have lots of music also on four USB drives

Attachments

• Tesla 4 USB Drives IMG_9285.JPG
    Tesla 4 USB Drives IMG_9285.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: cmy4x4
I'm in San Diego this weekend so I thought I would try my luck at another SC. Walked in and they brought me back into the service bay to the parts dept. Very different from the other SC I went to. Told the parts service rep the part I wanted (1755200-00-B), he didn't have it but had another version. It looked just like the one I wanted. 2 USB-C, power connector and mini USB for data (this is the one in the photo below). I asked if I could buy it and he tried to process it but it wouldn't let him because it was only for Model S and I have a Model 3. He said if I knew anyone with a Model S he could use their VIN to buy it on. Unfortunately I don't. He then looked up on the computer few other hubs but each of them looked different and must have been older versions. 1 had 2x USB-A ports and different style power connector, another had 1 USB-C and 1 USB-A. Very odd.

I ended up not buying anything. I'm going to try my luck at another SC in Los Angeles where I live. He did mention he could order 1755200-00-B for me but it would take 2 weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_2856-2.jpg
    IMG_2856-2.jpg
    484.8 KB · Views: 112
I'm in San Diego this weekend so I thought I would try my luck at another SC. Walked in and they brought me back into the service bay to the parts dept. Very different from the other SC I went to. Told the parts service rep the part I wanted (1755200-00-B), he didn't have it but had another version. It looked just like the one I wanted. 2 USB-C, power connector and mini USB for data (this is the one in the photo below). I asked if I could buy it and he tried to process it but it wouldn't let him because it was only for Model S and I have a Model 3. He said if I knew anyone with a Model S he could use their VIN to buy it on. Unfortunately I don't. He then looked up on the computer few other hubs but each of them looked different and must have been older versions. 1 had 2x USB-A ports and different style power connector, another had 1 USB-C and 1 USB-A. Very odd.

I ended up not buying anything. I'm going to try my luck at another SC in Los Angeles where I live. He did mention he could order 1755200-00-B for me but it would take 2 weeks.
That is the OLD version that does NOT have the data port
IMG_3410.jpg
IMG_3411.jpg

The one in the photo I attached did have the data port. I didn't take a photo but it was definitely there. It had the mini usb port. It was just for Model S from what he told me.
That is strange that the part number (1656787) on the part picture you posted matches the part number on the OLD (non-data port) hub that I posted. The NEW hub WITH data port has the 1755200 number. ⁉️

That is strange that the part number (1656787) on the part picture you posted matches the part number on the OLD (non-data port) hub that I posted. The NEW hub WITH data port has the 1755200 number. ⁉️
That’s odd. I see what your saying. I wonder if it has something to do with the Rev 02.

Reading some previous posts on this issue, it also says Tesla has to flag something in the car config, then resend the latest firmware. My guess is this is to unlock certain controller enabled games. Not sure if this still holds true.

That’s odd. I see what your saying. I wonder if it has something to do with the Rev 02.

Reading some previous posts on this issue, it also says Tesla has to flag something in the car config, then resend the latest firmware. My guess is this is to unlock certain controller enabled games. Not sure if this still holds true.
I think this changed when they added Bluetooth support for wireless controllers. Forgive me if I am wrong, since I installed the data module and never tried the Bluetooth support.

Updating this, I had an idea this morning and will be reaching out to see if they can make this happen. Found the same wire harness for M3 and interestingly, this harness has different part numbers for the 6' USB cable. I am submitting a service request to purchase part 1091281-00-C (which appears in EPC) as a substitute for 1521277-00-A since that does not exist in EPC whatsoever. Will report back what they say. For those who are in an RHD country, the part number you may want to ask for is 1466096-00-A.

Model 3 (J Harness in Yellow):
View attachment 917180

Model Y:
View attachment 917181

Hello @WhiteOnWhiteMY
I have Model Y but Tesla is saying they cant sell 1091281-00-C to me :(
Any other option?

Data Retrofit Complete! It still works on an F546 MY.

Parts:
$34 - Data Module: 1755200-00-B
$15 - Data Cable (18 Inches or So, Data Box -> Lower Center Console): 1100827-00-C
$8.95 - 6ft CablesOnline USB 2.0 Mini-B 5-Pin to Mini-B 5-Pin Male/Male Cable, USB2-5506 (Replaces 1521277-00-A, Lower Console -> MCU cable).
$57.95 - Total

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, I'd be happy to help!
Thanks for the info. I got this working today. Initially, I hadn't shaved enough of the material and the connectors were not fully seated but after going back and assuring they were fully seated, all works! The only issue I am experiencing is that, when using as a dashcam, I get a warning saying to plug it into the glovebox port for higher speed. Not a big deal as that's normally how I plan to use it, and just use the console ports for music and games. However, out of curiosity, are you able to get full speed dashcam from the center console?