Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MYP - Very Slow Acceleration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here’s an odd thought…it’s set to km and not miles correct? LOL 😂 0-100 miles…6.2/6.3…kind of makes sense there.

My late 21’ MY w/AB did 0-100 4.5 sec consistently. (Sold it) but there is no way an MYP should be anything more than 3.9 even without roll.

Sorry, havent posted for a while, had an small accident on the car, been ru ing around and still waiting for parts from Tesla, its been 6 weeks since a fender and a headlight have been on order.

Update on the acceleration. Managed to get into low 4s right after the preconditioning the car in the morning.
Still feels slower then my previous 21 LR w/ AB.
Runs 5s as soon as I just hit below 70% SoC and then back to 6's as soon as below 50%
This is pretty disapointing to say the least if this is deliberate.
When in the hell are we going to get "Track" mode to overide for a full punch for a drag run.
20220409_164906.jpg

Update on the acceleration. Managed to get into low 4s right after the preconditioning the car in the morning.
Runs 5s as soon as I just hit below 70% SoC and then back to 6's as soon as below 50%

That does NOT sound right.

Did you ask Tesla what’s the deal?

That does NOT sound right.

Did you ask Tesla what’s the deal?
Not yet, Im planing to bring the car into Tesla once the damage is all fixed up and wrap redone.
It totally doesnt feel right. My 2021 LR with Boost ran strong everytime I asked it to at least upto 30-20%
Hopefully Tesla resolves.
My MYP is 2022 Feb production with latest everything except Structural pack and new batteries.
Seems very strange for something like this to be happening.

Sorry, havent posted for a while, had an small accident on the car, been ru ing around and still waiting for parts from Tesla, its been 6 weeks since a fender and a headlight have been on order.

When in the hell are we going to get "Track" mode to overide for a full punch for a drag run.

Something is wrong with your car. Using the dragy app I got the following results.

My MYP at 10% does 0-60 in 4.33 sec, 4.13 sec with the 1' roll out.
At 25% it does 0-60 in 4.01 sec, 3.81 with the 1' roll out.
At 50% it does 0-60 in 3.89 sec, 3.69 with the 1' roll out.
At 75% it does 0-60 in 3.86 sec, 3.61 with the 1' roll out.
At 100% it does 0-60 in 3.83 sec, 3.58 with the 1' roll out.

So, a difference of 0.5 seconds between 100% SOC and 10% SOC, not a difference of several seconds.

Keith

PS: For those wondering, in chill mode it does 0-60 in 7.6 seconds, 7.32 with the 1' roll out, and that number didn't change regardless of the SOC, it was exactly the same at 10% and 100%.

Something is wrong with your car. Using the dragy app I got the following results.

My MYP at 10% does 0-60 in 4.33 sec, 4.13 sec with the 1' roll out.
At 25% it does 0-60 in 4.01 sec, 3.81 with the 1' roll out.
At 50% it does 0-60 in 3.89 sec, 3.69 with the 1' roll out.
At 75% it does 0-60 in 3.86 sec, 3.61 with the 1' roll out.
At 100% it does 0-60 in 3.83 sec, 3.58 with the 1' roll out.

So, a difference of 0.5 seconds between 100% SOC and 10% SOC, not a difference of several seconds.

Keith

PS: For those wondering, in chill mode it does 0-60 in 7.6 seconds, 7.32 with the 1' roll out, and that number didn't change regardless of the SOC, it was exactly the same at 10% and 100%.
I finally got around to doing a few 0-60 runs with my 2022 MYP and Dragy. The best time I got was 3.68 at 84% SoC. I *thought* this car was supposed to be able to do at least 3.5 seconds.
Question: Do to 21" Uberturbine wheels with P-Zero tires have a negative impact on the acceleration? In other words, if I had 19" or 20" wheels, would my 0-60 time get closer to the time Tesla states - 3.5 seconds?
I will do a few more runs at a higher SoC to see if my times get any better.
Incidentally, I did have a 2022 MYLR and my 0-60 Dragy time was 4.79 seconds with *no* acceleration boost.

I finally got around to doing a few 0-60 runs with my 2022 MYP and Dragy. The best time I got was 3.68 at 84% SoC. I *thought* this car was supposed to be able to do at least 3.5 seconds.
Question: Do to 21" Uberturbine wheels with P-Zero tires have a negative impact on the acceleration? In other words, if I had 19" or 20" wheels, would my 0-60 time get closer to the time Tesla states - 3.5 seconds?
I will do a few more runs at a higher SoC to see if my times get any better.
Incidentally, I did have a 2022 MYLR and my 0-60 Dragy time was 4.79 seconds with *no* acceleration boost.
Oops. Never mind. I noticed that the 3.68 seconds was *without* 1' rollout. Dragy also reported 3.47 seconds with 1' rollout (see pic)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220721-153754_dragy.jpg
    Screenshot_20220721-153754_dragy.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 82
I wish we had a Performance Spreadsheet where owners could record their “verified” times (either a copy of a time slip or some recognized GPS device like DRAGY). The Corvette Forum has one and it has great value as more and more folks upload data over time. They had a tab for FACTORY STOCK and for MODIFIED (has to list mods). Folks could see how various things affected performance or see if some mod actually produced more HP and performance.

Reactions: tmruwart
I wish we had a Performance Spreadsheet where owners could record their “verified” times (either a copy of a time slip or some recognized GPS device like DRAGY). The Corvette Forum has one and it has great value as more and more folks upload data over time. They had a tab for FACTORY STOCK and for MODIFIED (has to list mods). Folks could see how various things affected performance or see if some mod actually produced more HP and performance.
Does a human maintain the spreadsheet or is it a web-based spreadsheet that people enter their own data?
As for "mods", I was going to get an old 4-barrel carb, clean it up, mount it on a platform that fits snugly in the frunk, maybe some fancy LED lighting, and tell people "This is why my car is sooooo fast!" Maybe I'd go on to say that it is an Electromagnetic Photonic Carburetor that sucks in raw photons from the surrounding electromagnetic field and shoves them into the battery for, as Tim Allen would say, "MORE POWER!" Great sight gag... endless possibilities!

I have a 2021 Model Y LR (performance boost) and a 2020 Model 3 SR+. The Model Y feels significantly faster.
I have a 2020 MY (accel boost) and a 2022 M3 (RWD, aka SR+). The MY both feels, and is, quite a bit faster.

Without acceleration boost, it'd be a lot closer. I don't know how this has changed with various SW updates, but back in the fall of 2020, the boost made a huge difference when it was cold and at lower SoC. The non-boosted MY felt much much slower, say at 25% on a freezing day.