Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Q2 production Model 3 missing matrix headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model 3 LR has arrived and I'm scheduled to pick it up next Sat 8/27 in Camarillo CA. I asked the rep if the car has Matrix headlights. He looked up the VIN and said it has "Global Headlights" that are the same as Matrix. Does anybody know if that's accurate?
Thanks
Ed

Scheduling delivery on my M3 long range ina few days. Besides matrix headlights is there anything else I should be looking/hoping for. And is this into my SA would be able to tell me now that my vin is available?
They can tell from your VIN which headlights are on the car. They told me Global headlights which I understand means matrix. I watched several YouTube videos on how to tell the difference and mine appear to be matrix. My car with 19” wheel upgrade has Continental tires. Nothing else to “hope “ for everything else standard as to whichever model you ordered. All I can say after 2 weeks with the car is that I’m extremely happy, amazing car. My only complaint is I with the audio system had a better Graphic EQ, 5 bands not enough, needs at least 7, but then that’s only a software upgrade.

Reactions: kevinquisition
Scheduling delivery on my M3 long range ina few days. Besides matrix headlights is there anything else I should be looking/hoping for. And is this into my SA would be able to tell me now that my vin is available?
Forgot to mention, when I accepted delivery at dealership there were some issues with the car we found. There was a large scratch on the passenger headrest. There was a rubber gasket at top of driver side frunk near windshield that was not installed probably and was sticking out and there was a bulge in the driver side window molding. I immediately went to my Tesla app and documented these in a service appointment. Tesla came to my house a few days ago, installed a new headrest, fixed the rubber gasket installation and improved the window trim bulge. When you accept delivery look very closely at the car and take photos of anything you want addressed and submit a service request immediately. You only have 72 hours 100 miles to do this. The service was free and I was happy.

Reactions: oc_m3lr
They can tell from your VIN which headlights are on the car. They told me Global headlights which I understand means matrix. I watched several YouTube videos on how to tell the difference and mine appear to be matrix. My car with 19” wheel upgrade has Continental tires. Nothing else to “hope “ for everything else standard as to whichever model you ordered. All I can say after 2 weeks with the car is that I’m extremely happy, amazing car. My only complaint is I with the audio system had a better Graphic EQ, 5 bands not enough, needs at least 7, but then that’s only a software upgrade.
Completely agreed on the EQ. If bmw can offer 9 band, why are we sitting here with 5... Anyways SA confirmed my car coming 9/14 has global headlights. Vin 351XXX.

Completely agreed on the EQ. If bmw can offer 9 band, why are we sitting here with 5... Anyways SA confirmed my car coming 9/14 has global headlights. Vin 351XXX.
Is there some way of submitting a feature request to Tesla concerning upgrading the EQ bands to more than 5? I’ve read Tesla doesn’t have a feature request path, there’s always Elon on Twitter, I’ve considered posting but don’t think that’s the appropriate place. As far as I can tell Global headlights are matrix. In the play box app there’s a feature called “light show “ I believe this only works with matrix lights. Your headlights perform a show projected on a dark surface, I’ve heard the Tesla logo gets projected. I haven’t tried it yet but I’m assuming if it’s there then the headlights must be compatible. Good luck with your new car.

Is there some way of submitting a feature request to Tesla concerning upgrading the EQ bands to more than 5? I’ve read Tesla doesn’t have a feature request path, there’s always Elon on Twitter, I’ve considered posting but don’t think that’s the appropriate place. As far as I can tell Global headlights are matrix. In the play box app there’s a feature called “light show “ I believe this only works with matrix lights. Your headlights perform a show projected on a dark surface, I’ve heard the Tesla logo gets projected. I haven’t tried it yet but I’m assuming if it’s there then the headlights must be compatible. Good luck with your new car.
Thanks! Seems like the Twitter route is the one that's worked in the past

Reactions: ehadrive3
Took delivery over the past weekend, got the Matrix/Global headlights
Unfortunately I got Hankook tires instead of Mich :( the other 2 model3s on the lot got the Mich thou
M3LR 18"
@oc_m3lr You're really not missing out on anything, the Michelin MXM4 that often come on the 18" wheels are nothing special. They are very efficient but their grip and road feel is pretty terrible, both dry and wet. Their tread life is okay but nothing special either for having such poor performance, other tires with similar or sometimes better performance can last longer.

If the Hankooks are similarly bad just take them off, get a few bucks for them while they're still practically new, and put on better tires of your choosing. Life's too short to cripple a nice new $50k+ car with crappy tires!