Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday 25 Aug 22

Click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is not a Tesla charter but she is carrying 2000 MY to Zeebrugge. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug.

RCC ANTWERP has docked in Koper, Slovenia with 4052 MY to unload.

GLOVIS COMPANION is now in the Mediterranean heading for Southampton where she is aiming to arrive on 31 Aug. She is loaded primarily with MY.

ASIAN VISION will shortly arrive at Port Kembla, Australia. After that she should head on down to Melbourne.

GLOVIS CHALLENGE is crossing the Bay of Bengal bound for Barcelona where she is due to arrive on 09 Sep. From the VIN activity it looks like she may then head to Southampton.

GLOVIS SUNRISE is currently refuelling off Singapore. She is heading for Southampton and I would estimate she will realistically arrive around 16 Sep.

PAGANELLA Is bound for Brisbane (03 Sep), Port Kembla (09 Sep) and Melbourne (13 Sep) and I expect her drop Teslas off at each port.

GLOVIS SUN is currently in the South China Sea and is now clear of any bad weather. She should now have a clear run to her refuel stop off Singapore. She looks to me to be a replacement vessel for GLOVIS CAPTAIN and if so should arrive in Zeebrugge around 19 Sep.

GLOVIS CRYSTAL has departed Shanghai South bound for a refuel stop off Singapore. I think it fair to assume that she must be heading for an EU port either Koper or Barcelona around 16 Sep.

GLOVIS COURAGE remains holding offshore for the time being but she is nicely positioned for Shanghai South.

SWALLOW ACE is reported to have some Teslas onboard. If so, these will be unloaded in Zeebrugge around 02 Sep

Please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have, like the easiest method to check whether you have a hidden VIN, or not.

Last edited:
Thursday 25 Aug 22

Click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is not a Tesla charter but she is carrying 2000 MY to Zeebrugge. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug.

RCC ANTWERP has docked in Koper, Slovenia with 4052 MY to unload.

GLOVIS COMPANION is now in the Mediterranean heading for Southampton where she is aiming to arrive on 31 Aug. She is loaded primarily with MY.

ASIAN VISION will shortly arrive at Port Kembla, Australia. After that she should head on down to Melbourne.

GLOVIS CHALLENGE is crossing the Bay of Bengal bound for Barcelona where she is due to arrive on 09 Sep. From the VIN activity it looks like she may then head to Southampton.

GLOVIS SUNRISE is currently refuelling off Singapore. She is heading for Southampton and I would estimate she will realistically arrive around 16 Sep.

PAGANELLA Is bound for Brisbane (03 Sep), Port Kembla (09 Sep) and Melbourne (13 Sep) and I expect her drop Teslas off at each port.

GLOVIS SUN is currently in the South China Sea and is now clear of any bad weather. She should now have a clear run to her refuel stop off Singapore. She looks to me to be a replacement vessel for GLOVIS CAPTAIN and if so should arrive in Zeebrugge around 19 Sep.

GLOVIS CRYSTAL has departed Shanghai South bound for a refuel stop off Singapore. I think it fair to assume that she must be heading for an EU port either Koper or Barcelona around 16 Sep.

GLOVIS COURAGE remains holding offshore for the time being but she is nicely positioned for Shanghai South.

SWALLOW ACE is reported to have some Teslas onboard. If so, these will be unloaded in Zeebrugge around 02 Sep

Please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have, like the easiest method to check whether you have a hidden VIN, or not.
Mr M. Not sure if this information is useful to you....

I'm based in Ireland and awaiting M3P, I previously had my VIN showing when I used the app to find it (first visible on July 23rd) but was not showing in the source code and wasn't showing as recently as Tuesday. I just checked it yesterday and it is showing in the source code which would tie in with ships currently in transit that have just passed through Suez. I also just checked the VIN against the previous VIN and it is the same. I have a delivery appointment of Sept 17th.

Last edited:
I've been trying to identify the ship that delivered to Singapore and reckon it was likely to be SUNRISE ACE.
She's currently enroute to Suez and is due to arrive in Barcelona on 13 Sep.
Accordingly she's definitely made it on to my suspect list for the moment.
It's worth noting that she's following the same route as SWALLOW ACE, as she then heads to Bristol.

Last edited:
I've been trying to identify the ship that delivered to Singapore and reckon it was likely to be SUNRISE ACE.
She's currently enroute to Suez and is due to arrive in Barcelona on 13 Sep.
Accordingly she's definitely made it on to my suspect list for the moment.
It's worth noting that she's following the same route as SWALLOW ACE, as she then heads to Bristol.
Hey Mr M, thanks for all the incredible updates! I saw somewhere on here a few days back someone mentioned the possibility of Tesla fulfilling orders in October and moving away from end of Qrt deliveries. Is there any evidence to support this might happen?

Reactions: Edward Mango
Screenshot_20220826-084923.jpg
This seems to be a comprehensive list of the KESS shops which are used to ship cars from Zeebrugge to smaller ports such as Dublin.
Weser highway is currently sailing to Norway from Zeebrugge.
Schelde highway is currently sailing to Dublin from Zeebrugge.
Elbe highway is loading and then heading to Malmoe

@Mr Miserable Got an alert from my brother just after 2am this morning, Sunrise left Singapore headed for Suez at 18.4knots :D
(He runs a global shipping tracking company, so using a bit of your info I've got him tracking some ships for me to see where my car might be, and he setup an alert to ping him when Sunrise goes over 4knots)

I've got a delivery date of 28th Sept so I'm assuming it's on Sunrise.

Hey Mr M, thanks for all the incredible updates! I saw somewhere on here a few days back someone mentioned the possibility of Tesla fulfilling orders in October and moving away from end of Qrt deliveries. Is there any evidence to support this might happen?
Is Tesla run by engineers or accountants? I suggest it is the latter and it is why Tesla is such a success.
The end of quarter deliveries phenomena is caused by a sound financial principle of selling everything you make in a quarter in that same quarter. It comes from the same stable as selling your product and banking the cash before you have to pay your suppliers. These are hallmarks of an efficiently run company and produce the best possible balance sheet figures. For growing cash-strapped businesses it's a very good model and Tesla have become masters at it and, you could argue, addicted to it. In practice it means that export production is concentrated in the early part of the quarter to allow for transportation time whilst domestic and local markets are supplied towards the end of the quarter. It creates an end-of-quarter craziness where 3 months of production are largely delivered in the final month, everywhere. It's hard on employees who have to work extended hours in the final month and there is real pressure to ensure as much product as possible is delivered by the deadline. Whilst there is headline efficiency, the cost of sale figures can be much higher (temporary rentals of extra space, temporary personnel, higher transport costs etc ) and so it is in the company's interest to flatten the peaks as much as possible, primarily to reduce these excess costs.
The end-of-quarter rush in the USA was simply addressed by moving export production to China.
In the USA deliveries can now occur throughout the quarter although there is still a slight uptick at the end. This is not unusual to anyone who has worked for a US company where quarterly results are a common yardstick.
The move to exporting from China did nothing to the quarter-end rush in Europe and created a huge one in China.
The argument was that when Berlin came online delivery peaks in both Europe and China would also flatten out, but Berlin was late.
Now Berlin is online and slowly (IMHO) ramping-up, we will see a commensurate drop in MY exports to Europe and UK and the Chinese market will be flooded with MY throughout the quarter.
Model 3 production for Europe and UK will still come from Shanghai and the sound principle of selling everything you produce within the same quarter will still apply. Why wouldn't you? The same principle will apply to MS/MX when they are exported from the USA to EU/UK.
So as far as the UK is concerned we will still see the end-of-quarter rush for some time to come although for MIG MY models availability should in theory be more evenly spread out throughout the quarter. I say in theory because it is inevitable that RHD versions will be built in batches by the GF and it is dependent on when those batches are produced. I will take a bet now that they will not be run at the end of the quarter!

Status
Not open for further replies.