Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a couple of inventory model 3s showing up on the Irish site now, standard, long range and performance models, vessel name in the source is Grande California. I'm not aware of any deliveries planned though for nearly another two weeks. Wonder why it's taking so long to get them from Zeebrugge.

Reactions: Bovakinn
My San Francisco dog walker has told me not to expect anything to arrive at Pier 80 for a while - 'his' board has been wiped completely clean.
This is not totally unexpected news as since Shanghai ramped up we have only been seeing two ships per quarter departing Pier 80, both of them in the first month. Accordingly I strongly suspect we won't see any more ships there until April.

I just received my VIN for a 2022 M3LR MSM 19''
OD: 29th of december
EDD: 16-28 february
Belgium

Anyone knows where we can check if it will contain the new Ryzen and other 2022 stuff everyone is talking about or?
What ship could this be?

Here are the latest satellite positions of ships known to be carying Teslas:

Screenshot 2022-02-05 at 10.46.34.png

GRANDE CALIFORNIA has now arrived in Zeebrugge and I'm expecting this to conclude her Tesla charter.
HYPERION RAY is expected in Southampton late on 08 Feb and Zeebrugge on 10 Feb
HOEGH TRAVELLER was due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 12 Feb but is running probably nearer 48hrs late at the moment. Let's hope she isn't further delayed in Livorno. She is not a Tesla charter, Tesla are just using her to ship some Teslas to Zeebrugge.
VIKING BRAVERY is currently navigating the Suez Canal. ETA for Southampton is 14 Feb, Zeebrugge 16 Feb.
SFL COMPOSER continues her high speed dash towards Suez - she's currently doing over 21 kts! My ETA for her Southampton arrival is now 23 Feb, Zeebrugge on 25 Feb.

The following chart shows the latest satellite positions of ships on my watch list:

Screenshot 2022-02-05 at 10.57.33.png

RCC AMSTERDAM has been added to the list. She is currently loading at Shanghai South.
ASIAN EXPLORER departed Shanghai South to Yokohama. She is probably a Tesla charter as Tesla use Yokohama as their port of entry for Japan, however I'm not going to track her - she is due to arrive there 08 Feb. Japan has proved to be a disappointing market for Tesla.

The results of the HYPERION RAY competition should be out in about 1 hour from now....

Here are the latest satellite positions of ships known to be carying Teslas:

View attachment 765166

GRANDE CALIFORNIA has now arrived in Zeebrugge and I'm expecting this to conclude her Tesla charter.
HYPERION RAY is expected in Southampton late on 08 Feb and Zeebrugge on 10 Feb
HOEGH TRAVELLER was due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 12 Feb but is running probably nearer 48hrs late at the moment. Let's hope she isn't further delayed in Livorno. She is not a Tesla charter, Tesla are just using her to ship some Teslas to Zeebrugge.
VIKING BRAVERY is currently navigating the Suez Canal. ETA for Southampton is 14 Feb, Zeebrugge 16 Feb.
SFL COMPOSER continues her high speed dash towards Suez - she's currently doing over 21 kts! My ETA for her Southampton arrival is now 23 Feb, Zeebrugge on 25 Feb.

The following chart shows the latest satellite positions of ships on my watch list:

View attachment 765165

RCC AMSTERDAM has been added to the list. She is currently loading at Shanghai South.
ASIAN EXPLORER departed Shanghai South to Yokohama. She is probably a Tesla charter as Tesla use Yokohama as their port of entry for Japan, however I'm not going to track her - she is due to arrive there 08 Feb. Japan has proved to be a disappointing market for Tesla.

The results of the HYPERION RAY competition should be out in about 1 hour from now....
What about the Glovis Condor currently in Suez? According to the Tesla Carriers site this is also one with Tesla's

HYPERION RAY competition results

The results are in!
We didn't have a direct hit in this competition.

At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square P3 and within its Minor Square 18

The closest, and therefore the winning, entry was @hokkaidoblue (P3 17) who was just 98 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)

In 2nd place was @Reggiechacha (P3 21) who was a mere 114 NM off target.
In 3rd place was @None (TeslaratiM3 in the German forum) (Q3 11) who was 156 NM off target.
Since the 3rd place isn't a registered TMC username, the next on the rankings is @MYMY TAKE 2 (O3 18) who was 161 NM off target.
Since that doesn't appear to be valid either :mad: we have @Chopperpro (O3 19) who missed by 204 NM.

Congratulations to all, but there isn't so much as even a cuddly toy to win!

Some trivia for you:
The most popular Major Square was N2
The most popular Minor Square overall was 6
If you had chosen that combination, which nobody did, you would have ended up 712 NM off target.

The unexpected delay for HYPERION RAY at Suez sabotaged the bulk of entries that clearly expected her to be west of Gibraltar by now.

I think I feel an SFL COMPOSER competition in the offing....

Last edited:

The results are in!

At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square P3 and within its Minor Square 18

The closest, and therefore the winning, entry was @hokkaidoblue (P3 17) who was just 98 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)

In 3rd place was @None (TeslaratiM3 in the German forum) (Q3 11) who was 156 NM off target.
Since the 3rd place isn't a registered TMC username, the next on the rankings is @MYMY TAKE 2 (O3 18) who was 161 NM off target.
Since that doesn't appear to be valid either :mad: we have @Chopperpro (O3 19) who missed by 204 NM.

Some trivia for you:
If you had chosen that combination, which nobody did, you would have ended up 712 NM off target.

The unexpected delay for HYPERION RAY at Suez sabotaged the bulk of entries that clearly expected her to be west of Gibraltar by now.

Fun competition, I’ll take 3rd even though I was technically 5th. Just need her to safely get to Southampton now, so in 2 weeks we can collect our Model Y’s :)

What about the Glovis Condor currently in Suez? According to the Tesla Carriers site this is also one with Tesla's
I've seen no evidence to support that and as I reported last week if SUNRISE ACE and GLOVIS CONDOR were carrying Teslas I think we would have found out by now. You will recall that Tesla Carriers was stubbornly reporting that HYPERION RAY was heading to Ashdod despite no supporting evidence. There is a German guy who promotes himself as some sort of Tesla shipping guru who was forecasting as late as earlier this week that GRANDE CALIFORNIA was carrying the MYs to the UK - I don't think anyone on this thread was buying into that!
HELIOS RAY is probably the ship heading to Ashdod but I don't have the evidence to support that yet and I'm trying not to post wild guesses on to this thread.

I'm wondering whether we have seen the end of the Shanghai South surge.
I'm struggling to find the next ship. GLOVIS CAPTAIN was lurking in the anchorage for a while but now seems to be departing (was she on standby and is now services no longer required?). PLATINUM RAY looks like she might be a possible but other than that....
I estimate we have about a week to go before the cut off for ships to depart from Shanghai to Southampton and Zeebrugge.
That will then leave Koper, Slovenia as the most likely EU destination towards the end of the month.
Ships to Australia (MORNING CLARA and PAGANELLA) are still scheduled and will arrive in time for Q1 deliveries.
We will probably see, although may not spot, shipments to Hong Kong and Singapore too.

Update: Deleted PLATINUM RAY as a possible ship of interest.

Last edited:
If only Wu Wa takes videos and upload them on Youtube of every single vessel that loads cars in Shanghai just like what he did with SFL COMPOSER then we would be more certain if a specific vessel is a Tesla carrier or not. His latest video is just a bunch of workers standing around the building site…unless he’s not interested cos some of the vessels are not Tesla ships?

Reactions: jmhumphreys
To be honest, I can't remember which square I chose but I was somewhere off the Bay of Biscay, so miles out. Must write it down next time. Thanks for the entertainment @Mr Miserable 😁
You chose O1 22 and were 43rd in the rankings at 626NM, as the crow flies, off target!
I don't post the full results because I would need to redact all the 'numpty' entries. Apart from obviously fake usernames I find that some folk take great delight in entering 'Mr Miserable' as their TMC username - why? Four of them in this competition. My, how we laughed...

The results are in!

Some trivia for you:

Woohoo! 2nd. Might try my luck at spot the ball.

I'm wondering whether we have seen the end of the Shanghai South surge.
I'm struggling to find the next ship. GLOVIS CAPTAIN was lurking in the anchorage for a while but now seems to be departing (was she on standby and is now services no longer required?). PLATINUM RAY looks like she might be a possible but other than that....
I estimate we have about a week to go before the cut off for ships to depart from Shanghai to Southampton and Zeebrugge.
That will then leave Koper, Slovenia as the most likely EU destination towards the end of the month.
Ships to Australia (MORNING CLARA and PAGANELLA) are still scheduled and will arrive in time for Q1 deliveries.
We will probably see, although may not spot, shipments to Hong Kong and Singapore too.
If you are correct ( and I most likely you are seen the correct data you are giving ) I hope that mine is on SFL COMPOSER then, no vin yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.