Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MYLR Red Black Interior 19"
Order Date: 26th Jan
Delivery in Netherlans
No VIN yet
EDD as per Tesla site-Feb22

What can I expect? I would be lucky if my ToBe Car is already on a boat to Europe!

Any pointers on delivery date in NL?
There is a Dutch page on this forum. It’s only for NL and BE.
There you will see that the first EDD is around next week. But those are the ones that ordered last year and allready have a Vin number. As you just ordered, it would most likely become a few weeks later. Vin will most likely pop up soon in the source code.

I guess Teslas are fully charged when leaving the factory? Otherwise the time waiting at the docks and the journey on the ship, they would be towards being flat? Especially those models which suffer the phantom drain!

By the way, many thanks for your regular updates. Much appreciated!
There is no longer phantom drain, it was problem with old S/X. My 3SR+spent 2% in 2 weeks at airport and that's with checking app every few days.

She's not showing on the Koper arrivals board.
She's in no rush at the moment and so I expect she is not due to transit the canal until early Monday morning.
We'll have to wait until then to find out where she is headed.
If she is a Tesla ship I'm surprised that we have only just learned about a single French car.

Confirmed by TA.. 🤷
I get my M3's VIN friday for Grande California.
See you next week for new VIN

Wow that's a lot of tesla waiting for ships on the dock, got to be at least 2 or maybe 3 ships worth. Not necessarily all for Europe though.
Since we saw ASIAN EMPEROR arrive she will be ship no 1, we saw ASIAN EXPLORER depart to Japan, Ship No 2 and RCC AMSTERDAM is loading now, Ship No 3. I can't see anything obvious waiting in the wings and so I think 3 ships worth is bang on the money.

Do you think the way they parked the teslas in sections on the video indicate the number of ships or how they are loaded, maybe number of cars per deck or drop off locations? If it was just the order they were produced wouldn’t you expect more batching. I assume they run multiple lines and I suppose it’s inefficient to change the colour the line produces frequently. So if all lines produce at the same speed you would see red,blue,red, etc but it looks random like it’s batched after production by ship/drop off?

Does anyone know what the next ship is for UK delivery, after the SFL COMPOSER?
No not really. That's why @MrMiserable has a watch list. As most (if not all) ships departing Shanghai for Southampton will stop several times before arriving (e.g. at Singapore and/or Suez), it is usually impossible to confirm Southampton as the destination until a ship leaves Suez and updates its shipping data as it enters the Med. Only other way to know is when customers begin to get assigned to vehicles (which only happens once ships are on their way) and are given an estimated date of arrival and joining the dots on when ships might arrive provides good enough confidence. This is why Mr Miserables posts are so informative!

Last edited:
Since we saw ASIAN EMPEROR arrive she will be ship no 1, we saw ASIAN EXPLORER depart to Japan, Ship No 2 and RCC AMSTERDAM is loading now, Ship No 3. I can't see anything obvious waiting in the wings and so I think 3 ships worth is bang on the money.
So, with this latest surge, are you able to give a Southampton ETA for these ships (assuming they are all headed for Southampton, which of course they probably won't be)? I'm thinking MSC IMMACOLATA, LAKE WANAKA, ASIAN EMPORER and RCC AMSTERDAM? Like you already said, it doesn't seem Iikely there will be too much more activity at Shanghai for Q1 arrivals now.

No not really. That's why @MrMiserable has a watch list. As most (if not all) ships departing Shanghai for Southampton will stop several times before arriving (e.g. at Singapore and/or Suez), it is usually impossible to confirm Southampton as the destination until a ship leaves Suez and updates its shipping data as it enters the Med. Only other way to know is when customers begin to get assigned to vehicles (which only happens once ships are on their way) and are given an estimated date of arrival and joining the dots on when ships might arrive provides good enough confidence. This is why Mr Miserables posts are so informative!
Thanks for that explanation. It makes sense.

There is another way of figuring this all out. If we knew how many cars the Shanghai Gigafactory produces per day and also by car model distribution. And also the amount of orders from Europe and from the UK by model distribution, then we could pinpoint even further what car is on what ship, based on order date. But this is all an approximation, as I have read somewhere that cars are not made to order, but Tesla just pump out cars with various configurations, based on a predictive model. So it would assume orders are fulfilled just-in-time (JIT) and with a first-in, first-out (FIFO) order.

Reactions: jmhumphreys
No Teslas are unloaded in Greece from Shanghai.
At the moment we have 2 EU ports of entry, Zeebrugge and Koper. Whilst it may be logical to expect that cars to S Europe would all be shipped via Koper this has not been the case in practice so far.
On occasion large (1500+) shipments will be shipped direct without crossloading at the ports of entry and since 2019 we have seen shipments like this to Drammen, Oslo, and Amsterdam. We also saw last quarter some cars unloaded in Spain because the ship was running so far behind schedule the crossloading connections had been missed and would have missed the end of quarter delivery deadline.
It may be worth asking your local Tesla where in Europe your car will be imported to and how it will be transported to Greece.
Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.