Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So a question which hopefully someone will know the answer to; I’ve just received a text saying the delivery day of 14th March (woo!), however it asked for my address and stated delivery was between 08:00 until end of day. Does this mean it’s being delivered to me? Or I am to collect it from somewhere that it’ll let me know where nearer the time? Thanks!
Would say delivery will be to the address you provide to them.

Consider me on the same boat as you are... I mean... not on a boat like your M3LR.

I've ordered MYLR on nov. 11 and still not received VIN or official DD (there was February stated on web page and TA said beginning of March)

This is the list of announced (so far) RoRo's to dock in Koper until end of March;
- 18.2.2022 - Neptune Koper and Grande Spagna
- 21.2.2022 - Grande Mediterraneo
- 24.2.2022 - Neptune Aegli
- 24.2.2022 - Neptune Iliad
- 26.2.2022 - Arabian Sea and Neptune Kefalonia
What about HELIOS RAY?
You only need to list the RoRo's from Shanghai.

Reactions: rempha
I am collecting mine from the NEC on 3rd March and was told today it’s on a vessel with an ETA of 26th Feb. Closest one to that date looks like MSC Immacolata. I got the text confirming my collection date on Friday night.
The date shown on the Tesla system for SFL Composer is 26th Feb, although in reality it looks like it will dock on 22nd/23rd.

So your car maybe on SFL, as is mine! 👍

Seems like RCC Amsterdam is going to be earlier in Suez View attachment 769803
Well spotted! With her doing 21kts (plaid) she is going to transit the canal 24 hrs earlier than originally planned.
I now estimate she will arrive in Southampton around 06 Mar and who knows if she continues to race to Southampton then she could knock a day or 2 off that ETA too.

(Hmmm. Methinks this might be a good competition!...)

As promised .....

RCC AMSTERDAM COMPETITION

Where will RCC AMSTERDAM be at Midday UTC on 04 Mar 22?
She should be sailing between Suez and Southampton.​

EU Maj Sq.png

All you have to do is choose a major square and then one of the 25 minor squares within it, that you think the ship will be located in.
(I realise they aren't actually square!)

Minor Squares.png

Although a lot of likely major squares contain land, careful selection of the minor square will place your selection at sea eg Major Square P3 and Minor Square 23 is fine but P3 and 1 is going to be a loser!

Only 1 entry per person. It's free to enter.
In the event of a tie, the person who chose the closest small square first will be declared the winner.
The competition will close for entries at Midday UTC on 25 Feb 22 .
There is no prize - it's just bit of fun!
Results will be announced on the shipping thread on 04 Mar 22, shortly after Midday UTC.

You don't need to sign in to Google or enter an email address to enter!

Enter by clicking here RCC AMSTERDAM Competition

Well spotted! With her doing 21kts (plaid) she is going to transit the canal 24 hrs earlier than originally planned.
I now estimate she will arrive in Southampton around 06 Mar and who knows if she continues to race to Southampton then she could knock a day or 2 off that ETA too.

(Hmmm. Methinks this might be a good competition!...)
Is she going to go to Zeebrugge afterwards?
Me getting my VIN in the source code(Feb 7th) and estimated delivery from the chat mid-March seems to line up with her course.

As promised .....

RCC AMSTERDAM COMPETITION

Where will RCC AMSTERDAM be at Midday UTC on 04 Mar 22?
She should be sailing between Suez and Southampton.​

EU Maj Sq.png

All you have to do is choose a major square and then one of the 25 minor squares within it, that you think the ship will be located in.
(I realise they aren't actually square!)

Minor Squares.png

Although a lot of likely major squares contain land, careful selection of the minor square will place your selection at sea eg Major Square P3 and Minor Square 23 is fine but P3 and 1 is going to be a loser!

Only 1 entry per person. It's free to enter.
In the event of a tie, the person who chose the closest small square first will be declared the winner.
The competition will close for entries at Midday UTC on 25 Feb 22 .
There is no prize - it's just bit of fun!
Results will be announced on the shipping thread on 04 Mar 22, shortly after Midday UTC.

You don't need to sign in to Google or enter an email address to enter!

Enter by clicking hereRCC AMSTERDAM Competition
Marinetraffic + both grids overlaid for fun. Let me know if its 'cheating' and I'll delete it :)
1645038565171.png

I really hope that’s the case for me. But I find it hard to belive that I will get mine in february though.

Sadly I agree, you normally get a VIN about 3-4 weeks before delivery and there's not enough of February left, although it's not impossible yet.

They do tend to give you about a week's notice for delivery so you might get VIN and Reg very close together.

Sadly I agree, you normally get a VIN about 3-4 weeks before delivery and there's not enough of February left, although it's not impossible yet.

They do tend to give you about a week's notice for delivery so you might get VIN and Reg very close together.

I probably will get in march, if I even will get a car in Q1.
But I don’t understand why Tesla still say february. At least she said my ”soft match” gives me a 80% chance to get a real match within the next few days and a delivery this month.

M3 RWD Red / White 18", just had a delivery point confirmation for 12th March at Southampton, what ship will that be from i wonder?
also, anyone had any experience of the delivery location changing? i specified Reading and it's come through for Southampton, i'm thinking it means i get it quicker, any thoughts?
I chose Reading as delivery location just like you, and after a month I noticed it was changed to Thorne park, London by itself. Now, I have exact delivery location and day as yours.

My best guess as yours is to speed up deliveries and not to complicate stuff on their side such as re-allocation of cancelled deliveries.

I believed SFL Composer would be our RWD's ship. But considering the delivery date for both of our cars, RCC AMSTERDAM might be the ship because it is expected around 07 Mar :)

Got my delivery text and then a follow up call from Tesla. They confirmed a Vin + 22 registration plate. GJ22 *** 8th March collection @ Blue Water. I asked if they could move to West London and he said they no longer do collections from Brent Cross and Blue Water was my closest, which I thought was odd.

So.. which do we think my MY is on of the following? RCC AMSTERDAM, MSC IMMACOLATA or GRAND PIONEER

Reactions: MoSkeeto
VIKING BRAVERY and GLOVIS CONDOR have not entered Zeebrugge as expected and continue to loiter well clear of Zeebrugge.
I have no idea what is going on with them.
Screenshot 2022-02-16 at 19.21.58.png

SFL COMPOSER is not hanging around and is making nearly 19kts enroute to Southampton. ETA 22 Feb
HELIOS RAY is still unloading in Ashdod but is now due to arrive in Koper on Sunday. Some MY have been spotted onboard destined for Koper.

Screenshot 2022-02-16 at 19.23.07.png

MSC IMMACOLATA and GRAND PIONEER are now safely in the Red Sea
I've revised my ETA for the former to arrive in Southampton around 01 Mar.
We still haven't seen any indications that GRAND PIONEER is heading to Koper and so she may be heading to Zeebrugge. Yesterday I mentioned that she should overtake MSC IMMACOLATA however today I can't see that happening and if anything the gap between them has widened. Typical.

Screenshot 2022-02-16 at 19.30.16.png

As reported earlier RCC AMSTERDAM is in plaid mode. She is averaging over 19kts and has knocked 24hrs off her ETA for Suez.
I now estimate she should arrive in Southampton on 06 Mar but it could be even earlier.....
Enter the RCC AMSTERDAM competition

Screenshot 2022-02-16 at 19.34.25.png

GLOVIS CHORUS has just finished refuelling in Singapore and should depart imminently.
MORNING CARINA She is definitely heading for Southampton 14 Mar and Zeebrugge 16 Mar.
GRAND DOLPHIN departed Shanghai South this morning for Singapore. I wonder if this is will be a Koper-bound ship.

Screenshot 2022-02-16 at 19.45.10.png

On the watch list
Screenshot 2022-02-16 at 19.46.29.png

and over in the Far East I am watching these four ships:

Screenshot 2022-02-16 at 19.48.39.png

Earlier today I had a good old trawl through the Shanghai anchorages looking for the next possible ship from Shanghai South and came away empty handed. I think we have seen the last of the departures to Southampton and Zeebrugge for this quarter although departures to Koper are still possible.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention ASIAN EXPLORER. You will recall that she departed Shanghai South on 05 Feb to Yokohama and I said at the time it was very likely to be a Tesla shipment, well I'm told it was one of the largest shipments to Japan ever seen. The Japanese market has proved to be a real challenge for Tesla but hopefully this shipment might just indicate a change. I'm pretty sure it would have happened sooner with just a little bit of advertising.

• Informative
Reactions: ABCTG
My delivery date has moved out by 1 week for RWD going to Bristol, now the 8-22nd March. Originally thought it was on the SFL Composer but maybe not now. Got hold of someone on Chat and was told that due to weather there might be some delays. Wouldn’t give out any info on which vessel mine was on as they get a flood of calls when the info hits the forums so they no longer had access to that data…...
Just has the collection SMS, earliest date was the 16th March at Bristol, which funnily was the date they suggested on chat earlier on in the week..... Makes me think they know a lot more than they confirm. Now to guess the vessel it's on.

Reactions: jmhumphreys
Just has the collection SMS, earliest date was the 16th March at Bristol, which funnily was the date they suggested on chat earlier on in the week..... Makes me think they know a lot more than they confirm. Now to guess the vessel it's on.
Ditto, 16th for me too. I reckon the Immacolata as I’ve had my VIN since the 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.