Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my delivery text and then a follow up call from Tesla. They confirmed a Vin + 22 registration plate. GJ22 *** 8th March collection @ Blue Water. I asked if they could move to West London and he said they no longer do collections from Brent Cross and Blue Water was my closest, which I thought was odd.

So.. which do we think my MY is on of the following? RCC AMSTERDAM, MSC IMMACOLATA or GRAND PIONEER
When did you order? and is it an MYP or MYLR?

I chose Reading as delivery location just like you, and after a month I noticed it was changed to Thorne park, London by itself. Now, I have exact delivery location and day as yours.

My best guess as yours is to speed up deliveries and not to complicate stuff on their side such as re-allocation of cancelled deliveries.

I believed SFL Composer would be our RWD's ship. But considering the delivery date for both of our cars, RCC AMSTERDAM might be the ship because it is expected around 07 Mar :)
Interesting, part of me wants to change it, part wants to get it quickly. :) they just sent me two texts saying i have a day to select preferred date and time, but give me no options. :) sound like i'll see you there. :) i tried ringing them about 6, but hung up after half an hour.

Reactions: MoSkeeto
Got my delivery text and then a follow up call from Tesla. They confirmed a Vin + 22 registration plate. GJ22 *** 8th March collection @ Blue Water. I asked if they could move to West London and he said they no longer do collections from Brent Cross and Blue Water was my closest, which I thought was odd.

So.. which do we think my MY is on of the following? RCC AMSTERDAM, MSC IMMACOLATA or GRAND PIONEER
seems to be a bit of a theme going here with moved collection points.

So a question which hopefully someone will know the answer to; I’ve just received a text saying the delivery day of 14th March (woo!), however it asked for my address and stated delivery was between 08:00 until end of day. Does this mean it’s being delivered to me? Or I am to collect it from somewhere that it’ll let me know where nearer the time? Thanks!
I went for the lease option not Tesla direct and I had the same text message that delivery will be from 8 am til the end of the day. They also asked for my address so im expecting it to be delivered not collected. Did you lease the car privately or bought it from Tesla?

Interesting, part of me wants to change it, part wants to get it quickly. :) they just sent me two texts saying i have a day to select preferred date and time, but give me no options. :) sound like i'll see you there. :) i tried ringing them about 6, but hung up after half an hour.
just had another look and its gone back to between two dates, and the text now gives me time options on either the 12th or 14th, might just let it settle until the morning before i do anything.

Well spotted! With her doing 21kts (plaid) she is going to transit the canal 24 hrs earlier than originally planned.
I now estimate she will arrive in Southampton around 06 Mar and who knows if she continues to race to Southampton then she could knock a day or 2 off that ETA too.

(Hmmm. Methinks this might be a good competition!...)
I think this would tie in quite nicely with my delivery date of 9th March!

Oh what could you expect, VIKING BRAVERY just decided to do yet another loop...

1645048821658.png

Just received an email from tesla. The quote on my car expired. I have to fill in the mileage again for a new quote… final invoice was allready paid and a tesla rep actually litterally told me that I accepted the final offer and this wouldn’t change anymore. Also the date to pick up the tesla has been removed…. If there is something they are not at tesla it’s customer friendly.

Reactions: iorgosg
M3 RWD Red / White 18", just had a delivery point confirmation for 12th March at Southampton, what ship will that be from i wonder?
also, anyone had any experience of the delivery location changing? i specified Reading and it's come through for Southampton, i'm thinking it means i get it quicker, any thoughts?
M3 RWD Red / White + 19in Wheels - Southampton Cruise terminal - 12 Mar 22 at 14:00 - just confirmed!

Looks like a ‘wave’ of M3s in Red! May see you there!

In Singapore, IVORY ARROW has been chopped from the watch list whilst GLOVIS CHORUS has departed for Suez.
I now estimate she could arrive in Southampton around 09 Mar and Zeebrugge 10/11 Mar.

Meanwhile nothing is happening at Zeebrugge. VIKING BRAVERY clearly enjoys cruising around a holding pattern rather than sitting and taking a pounding from a stormy sea.

Screenshot 2022-02-16 at 23.33.16.png

In Singapore, IVORY ARROW has been chopped from the watch list whilst GLOVIS CHORUS has departed for Suez.
I now estimate she could arrive in Southampton around 09 Mar and Zeebrugge 10/11 Mar.

Meanwhile nothing is happening at Zeebrugge. VIKING BRAVERY clearly enjoys cruising around a holding pattern rather than sitting and taking a pounding from a stormy sea.

View attachment 770009
For ships the size of the Viking Bravery, what are the risks from stormy weather? Does continuous movement reduce the risk of damage to the ship, vs. staying still?

For ships the size of the Viking Bravery, what are the risks from stormy weather? Does continuous movement reduce the risk of damage to the ship, vs. staying still?
They keep moving to be able to steer and control the orientation of the ship relative to the weather. The track you see shows the long legs into the weather and away from it with short turns at either end to have the ship side on for as little time as possible. If it were to stay side on then the rolling would get violent pretty quickly and that would certainly cause damage to the ship/crew/cargo.

VIKING BRAVERY has completed another loop and given the less sharp turn she is about to make I would assume she is going to attempt another approach to Zeebrugge. Also the wind has dropped a bit (not much) but there will be improvements throughout the day - yet tomorrow getting worse again.

Status
Not open for further replies.