Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! First of all thanks to all of you expecially @Mr Miserable. I wanted to ask, I have a Model Y scheduled for delivery in February in Italy, I still don't have a VIN or anything, on which ship do you think the car could be? My TA won't tell me anything but generic responses. Also do you think delivery in February might still be possible? Thanks again
We are in the same boat. I have an order for a M3 RWD 2022, delivery February, no VIN.
No real idea from my SA on how the delivery will go he is talking about boats going to Netherlands, once the car is unloaded from the ship, I should get VIN and then a rough schedule. Idk, what I know is that I'm tired to wait, especially for missing specific information.

Is it abnormal for MSC IMMACOLATA's AIS to not be updating accordingly?
Yes.
You are using a free app which relies on shore-based AIS receivers. Once the ship is out of range of those the only way to get the updated AIS is via satellite and to get that data you will have to pay. You can buy a 24 hr satellite datastream for about £1 per vessel. That soon adds up but the alternative subscription will cost around £100 a month.
Or you can just wait for my daily free satellite-derived update!

RCC CLASSIC has arrived alongside to load at Shanghai South.
GLOVIS SYMPHONY is out of the starting blocks and is sprinting to Suez. She is up to over 20 kts and is estimating Suez on 08 Mar which means she cannot afford to hang around. I estimate she could arrive in Southampton/Zeebrugge by 16/17 Mar.
I'm not so sure we will see the same from RCC CLASSIC because she hasn't refuelled for a while and so would probably have to stop in Singapore if she's going to do a high speed run to EU.

Reactions: jmhumphreys
GRAND PIONEER is now in the Mediterranean but we are still waiting for her to update her AIS with destination and ETA.
We are still waiting for MSC IMMACOLATA to do the same......
UPDATE: I'm not quite sure what is happening with GRAND PIONEER - she arrived into the Med and has promptly dropped anchor.
In Slovenia HELIOS RAY has anchored offshore and not docked.
So we now have HELIOS RAY, GLOVIS CONDOR and GRAND PIONEER showing unusual behaviour.

Reactions: jmhumphreys
UPDATE: I'm not quite sure what is happening with GRAND PIONEER - she arrived into the Med and has promptly dropped anchor.
In Slovenia HELIOS RAY has anchored offshore and not docked.
So we now have HELIOS RAY, GLOVIS CONDOR and GRAND PIONEER showing unusual behaviour.
My M3 is in Grand Pioneer... I hope it is nothing to worry about!!! Could it be it is on hold, for not having too many ships sailing the waters in the UK and Belgium area du to the bad weather

So, SFL Composer decided to come 1 day earlier and I decided to check its location 1 day EARLIER 😡. I know Mr Miserable is not gonna like this, but I declare myself the winner (P3 Major 19 Minor entry) 😂

Jokes aside, congratulations to the real winners. Looking forward to RCC AMSTERDAM competition!! (I will enter last day)

View attachment 771461
I can confirm that had the competition be for midday yesterday, you would have won as the person who chose that square first.
@KateBry , @rempha , and @Roka74 also chose that square but later (in that order). Only about 383 miles out!
Not long to wait for the real results though! (you'll be about 21st)

Reactions: rempha and MoSkeeto
SFL COMPOSER Competition Result!

The results are in!

We have a BULLSEYE!

At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square O3 and within its Minor Square 11

The marksman who achieved this amazing feat is @Adambirch (O3 11) who was just 21 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)

In 2nd place was @Brilliant145 145 (O3 16) who was a mere 40 NM off target.
In 3rd Place was @M3France (O3 16) who also chose O3 16 but 6 days after @Adambirch had

Congratulations to all, but there isn't so much as even a cuddly toy to win!

Some trivia for you:
The most popular Major Square was O3
The most popular Minor Square overall was 9
If you had chosen that combination, which nobody did, you would have ended up 160 NM off target.

The RCC AMSTERDAM competition is still open. Click HERE to enter!

So the big story today is that we have three ships at anchor, 2 of them deliberately not entering the port to unload.
This has all the indications of being a commercial decision.
We have seen this happen several times before and it has taken a couple of days before we saw the ships move again. It's not helpful that it's a weekend.
I suspect we won't see any movement until Tesla in Texas opens on Monday and so Tuesday is perhaps more realistic to see any movement from the ships if it is quickly resolved.
Will it be resolved in time for SFL COMPOSER's arrival in to Southampton or will we see the ship divert to anchor off Lisbon?

Ships south of Suez don't appear to have recieved any change of orders at present.

It's like an Eastenders plot, whatever next?

@Johnsen92 did you get any updates? I have been given EDD of March 10-24 for our MY LR to be delivered to Denmark - thought our cars might be on the same ship? Havn’t been able to get any ship info despite having the VIN from source
No more info. Just that my car is on glovis condor and have vin in source code. Glovis is dancing around atm so not sure how delayed my delivery will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.