Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the big story today is that we have three ships at anchor, 2 of them deliberately not entering the port to unload.
This has all the indications of being a commercial decision.
We have seen this happen several times before and it has taken a couple of days before we saw the ships move again. It's not helpful that it's a weekend.
I suspect we won't see any movement until Tesla in Texas opens on Monday and so Tuesday is perhaps more realistic to see any movement from the ships if it is quickly resolved.
Will it be resolved in time for SFL COMPOSER's arrival in to Southampton or will we see the ship divert to anchor off Lisbon?

Ships south of Suez don't appear to have recieved any change of orders at present.

It's like an Eastenders plot, whatever next?
I'd speculate, based on some info from a SA, that some 2k cars may have been sold in Q4 for the Iberian peninsula.
Also recently had the information of some orders expected for the end of March in Portugal, which had an initial EDD of May.

I'd speculate, based on some info from a SA, that some 2k cars may have been sold in Q4 for the Iberian peninsula.
Also recently had the information of some orders expected for the end of March in Portugal, which had an initial EDD of May.
They could do with concluding their Q1 sales for the UK before starting on early delivery of Q2 cars! Some of us are still waiting on the first idea of when we might take delivery for orders placed in October and November!

They could do with concluding their Q1 sales for the UK before starting on early delivery of Q2 cars! Some of us are still waiting on the first idea of when we might take delivery for orders placed in October and November!
The production plans have all changed simply because Belin is not producing and the ramp-up for Berlin may not be as quick as we hoped.
Accordingly, MY will continue to be supplied to the UK from Shanghai possibly until Q4. EU will have MY significantly supplemented from Shanghai for Q2 and possibly into Q3.
Model 3 will continue to be supplied to both markets from Shanghai for the forseeable future.
I also think Tesla may have come to realise that customer expectations of Berlin are very high (new battery technology, new paint colours etc) and when that doesn't appear straight away they will see a steep slump in demand (hence slow ramp-up) as everyone waits for what is just around the corner or as Elon says 'by the end of the year'.
Elon will be sick of the mention of Berlin - it's never good news.

1645369211482.png

Glovis Condor on the run. Where is it heading?

So the big story today is that we have three ships at anchor, 2 of them deliberately not entering the port to unload.
This has all the indications of being a commercial decision.
We have seen this happen several times before and it has taken a couple of days before we saw the ships move again. It's not helpful that it's a weekend.
I suspect we won't see any movement until Tesla in Texas opens on Monday and so Tuesday is perhaps more realistic to see any movement from the ships if it is quickly resolved.
Will it be resolved in time for SFL COMPOSER's arrival in to Southampton or will we see the ship divert to anchor off Lisbon?

Ships south of Suez don't appear to have recieved any change of orders at present.

It's like an Eastenders plot, whatever next?
Might be later if Monday's a public holiday in the US, right? @Mr Miserable

OMG! President's Day.
Yup, may be longer.
The good news is the GRAND PIONEER is on the move and HELIOS RAY might just be waiting for the berth to come free.🤞
As for GLOVIS CONDOR....
How sure are we that Glovis Condor is an actual Tesla carrier. Looking back you decided not to put it on the watchlist until some French customer said his car was on it. But beyond that, was there really any verification? Anyone had an extra data point here?

How sure are we that Glovis Condor is an actual Tesla carrier. Looking back you decided not to put it on the watchlist until some French customer said his car was on it. But beyond that, was there really any verification? Anyone had an extra data point here?
That's a good point.
She has cars onboard and hasn't stopped anywhere on the way from Shanghai South. She was scheduled into Zeebrugge at an ICO berth. She was heading for Zeebrugge according to her AIS. She is a Glovis vessel. We had the report from France (1) and now one from Norway - this is admittedly very low compared to other shipments and does introduce some doubt.
She is due to commence her next charter on 23 Feb from Bremerhaven and so some sort of decision will need to be made very soon.

So is all the admin for Tesla deliveries/shipping done through Texas irrespective of where in the world the deliveries start and end?
The logistics might not necessarily be sorted from there but there is a good chance that the finance department are based there.
There’s not many reasons why a shipping company would refuse to dock a few ships as there’ll be serious financial cost to delays…

Reactions: davidnolan3d
Status
Not open for further replies.