Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Mr M, possibly a bit out of context, Tesla new UK order "shipments" have jumped from March 2022 to August/November 2022 with the exception of very few deliveries in May/June 2022. Is this because Shangahi is planning a retooling shutdown or due to shortage of vital parts or perhaps in process of moving UK order book productions from Shanghai to Berlin? Thank you
I've been asking around about this.
It seems that Model 3 will be in short supply in Q2 both from Shanghai and Fremont.
It could be because a large fleet order is planned to be fulfilled in Q2.
You may recall the headlines of Hertz ordering 100,000 Teslas late last year......
MY seems to be unaffected and so I will still have the odd ship to watch in Q2.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmhumphreys
I've had the text asking me to book delivery of my Model Y LR. Organised for March 17th in Bristol. I ordered on the first day orders opened, but deferred from Feb 19th into March for the new registration number. Don't know why I missed out on early March deliveries.

What do you mean by 'Chrome extension'? Do you just mean using Chrome on your device, or am I misunderstanding something? THnx
There is a rather effective extension (3rd party) for Chrome browser which pops up when you load the ‘Manage’ page to tell you that the VIN in source is there. You have to download and install the extension, sorry I don’t remember where to get it but Google is your friend (allegedly)

(Edited to day, this is Chrome on a computer, not sure if the extension can apply to iOS/Android)

I've had the text asking me to book delivery of my Model Y LR. Organised for March 17th in Bristol. I ordered on the first day orders opened, but deferred from Feb 19th into March for the new registration number. Don't know why I missed out on early March deliveries.
Looks as if they sent out the Bristol delivery slots this evening, I just booked my M3 delivery for the 16th. Good luck!

Reactions: kcrane
It seems that Model 3 will be in short supply in Q2 both from Shanghai and Fremont.
You may recall the headlines of Hertz ordering 100,000 Teslas late last year......

hmm. If MY not affected I wonder how that’ll affect resale prices of M3. may help keep them high for 2022

Updates for those of us in Ireland today, got a response that vins have finally been allocated (mine is LRWYHCEKXNC22XXXX) and someone on FB reckons that they will have been on Malacca Highway which seems to do regular trips to Dublin from Zeebrugge but I doubt we have a market large enough to fill purely with Teslas.

No concrete delivery date yet but been told mid-March so guess they need to PDI (lol) and shift on all the M3 which landed over the last few days first.

Reactions: Bovakinn and FMcIre

Thank you Mr M. That is a very reasonable explanation.

Anyone knows when promtheus leader and glovis condor will leave zeebrugge?

Prometheus Leader is set to leave Zeebrugge 24-Feb-2022 14:00 so midday tomorrow :D

You can go here to check if your VIN is onboard too:

I dont know if it will show anything until the ship is moving. We'll know more soon enough.

AUTO ECO is also a potential tesla vessel for Norway. It comes to Zeebrugge 27th of Feb and leaves 28th of Feb around 17 PM.

Reactions: Johnsen92
Updates for those of us in Ireland today, got a response that vins have finally been allocated (mine is LRWYHCEKXNC22XXXX) and someone on FB reckons that they will have been on Malacca Highway which seems to do regular trips to Dublin from Zeebrugge but I doubt we have a market large enough to fill purely with Teslas.

No concrete delivery date yet but been told mid-March so guess they need to PDI (lol) and shift on all the M3 which landed over the last few days first.
I would agree that MALACCA HIGHWAY is a good bet. She runs a scheduled service and so Tesla wouldn't charter her complete.
As for the PDI ....

The ship was delayed and that has knock-on effects.
The planned distribution - road transporters etc will have had to be cancelled and rebooked at short notice.
At least you can be sure your car hasn't been sitting on a dockside or disused airfield for 6 months before you get it, like some manufacturers.
More of my experience then...
Some unpopular trims and colours sat in Hartlepool for over 12 months, this especially applied to Red/Green Corsa and a few Astra's, parked dockside in sea air, with batteries disconnected to save power, near lighting pylons they got caked in seagull muck. Once a car got called for distribution, reconnect the battery, power spray off the bird muck and off it went on a transporter to be sold as a full price brand new car.

• Informative
Reactions: Mr Miserable
Prometheus Leader is set to leave Zeebrugge 24-Feb-2022 14:00 so midday tomorrow :D

You can go here to check if your VIN is onboard too:

I dont know if it will show anything until the ship is moving. We'll know more soon enough.

AUTO ECO is also a potential tesla vessel for Norway. It comes to Zeebrugge 27th of Feb and leaves 28th of Feb around 17 PM.
I was hoping my M3 LR for Stockholm/Sweden would be on that ship. Searched for my VIN, nothing.

My SA said they were expecting it to arrive around 11th of March.

FYI Mr. M

Reactions: Mr Miserable
The good news is that GRAND PIONEER features on the Southampton port schedule! (Phew!)
She is scheduled at the moment to arrive at 03:30 on 01 Mar and depart for Zeebrugge later at 23:00.
That would be for an arrival in Zeebrugge around midday on 02 Mar.
If Grand Pioneer is expected to reach Southampton the 28th, does it mean it will be anchored 3 days at the sea waiting for unload the 01 March?

Status
Not open for further replies.