Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed the WuWa detailed that its M3s going to Europe according the local media on the video from 4-5 days ago of the docks. The cars are located where @andreiiulian has highlighted on the sat images.

However, given there is some MY's in that video, I'd assume they were from pre shutdown and could make it onto the ship. You can see there is a mixture of RHD and LHD there. One thing to note, on closer inspection the green paper in the windows does sit on the steering wheel side in this video. Not to break hearts, there seems to be a heck of a lot more LHD than RHD there.

View attachment 828023

Most likely coming to Europe, yeah. I got a status update in my M3 LR (Romania) order 2 days ago, saying a delivery date will be available soon. (I never had an EDD since Nov. 2022, when I ordered).

I just noticed the WuWa detailed that its M3s going to Europe according the local media on the video from 4-5 days ago of the docks. The cars are located where @andreiiulian has highlighted on the sat images.

However, given there is some MY's in that video, I'd assume they were from pre shutdown and could make it onto the ship. You can see there is a mixture of RHD and LHD there. One thing to note, on closer inspection the green paper in the windows does sit on the steering wheel side in this video. Not to break hearts, there seems to be a heck of a lot more LHD than RHD there.

View attachment 828023
Given the majority of European countries are LHD its not surprising that there are going to be more produced and shipped, as sad as it is to see for us in the UK/Ireland.

Slightly off Tesla piste, but shipping in to Norway, the boats often then go to Vigo, Spain, anyone who's been on holiday to Spain will know a good proportion of the cars there are total bangers, so I wonder if Norway exports some of their used market off to Spain. Thoughts anyone?

Slightly off Tesla piste, but shipping in to Norway, the boats often then go to Vigo, Spain, anyone who's been on holiday to Spain will know a good proportion of the cars there are total bangers, so I wonder if Norway exports some of their used market off to Spain. Thoughts anyone?
yes I agree it is off topic.

Wednesday 13 Jul 22

MORNING CHORUS is finally enroute to Shanghai South.
She left S Korea earlier today and should arrive alongside late tomorrow night/early Friday morning local time.

MORNING CLARA also departed Haitong enroute to Brisbane, Port Kembla and Melbourne. Normally, I wouldn't hesitate to tip this vessel as carrying Teslas however the very recent WuWa video of the Haitong docks' holding pens didn't show any Teslas ready to ship. As a result, I'm now inclined to believe that the first Australian shipment of Q3 will be on VIKING PASSAMA which should depart Shanghai on 19 Jul (BNE 3/8, PK 8/8 and MEL 12/8)

Loading at Haitong at the moment is TALIA. I don't have an itinerary for this ship and she looks to me suspiciously like a replacement vessel for GLOVIS SUMMIT, however again, the complete absence of Teslas ready to load at Haitong makes me doubt whether TALIA will turn out to be of interest to us.

Over in San Francisco, VIKING QUEEN continues to load with no imminent departure on the cards.

Concerns: The temperature tomorrow in Shanghai is forecast to reach 41C, this will put real pressure on power supplies and some factories may have to close to prevent power cuts. The BA5 variant of Coronavirus has arrived in Shanghai. Here in the UK, with high levels of effective vaccination and even higher levels of natural immunity the effects of widespread BA5 reinfection are minimal, the same cannot be said for China and the government there realise this, hence the rigid zero-COVID policy. If the virus does take hold I cannot see the GF being able to remain open.

Links of interest

TALIA wil head to Nicaragua .... so I guess, not a Tesla Vessel at all.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-13 um 21.17.16.png

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Wednesday 13 Jul 22

MORNING CHORUS is finally enroute to Shanghai South.
She left S Korea earlier today and should arrive alongside late tomorrow night/early Friday morning local time.

MORNING CLARA also departed Haitong enroute to Brisbane, Port Kembla and Melbourne. Normally, I wouldn't hesitate to tip this vessel as carrying Teslas however the very recent WuWa video of the Haitong docks' holding pens didn't show any Teslas ready to ship. As a result, I'm now inclined to believe that the first Australian shipment of Q3 will be on VIKING PASSAMA which should depart Shanghai on 19 Jul (BNE 3/8, PK 8/8 and MEL 12/8)

Loading at Haitong at the moment is TALIA. I don't have an itinerary for this ship and she looks to me suspiciously like a replacement vessel for GLOVIS SUMMIT, however again, the complete absence of Teslas ready to load at Haitong makes me doubt whether TALIA will turn out to be of interest to us.

Over in San Francisco, VIKING QUEEN continues to load with no imminent departure on the cards.

Concerns: The temperature tomorrow in Shanghai is forecast to reach 41C, this will put real pressure on power supplies and some factories may have to close to prevent power cuts. The BA5 variant of Coronavirus has arrived in Shanghai. Here in the UK, with high levels of effective vaccination and even higher levels of natural immunity the effects of widespread BA5 reinfection are minimal, the same cannot be said for China and the government there realise this, hence the rigid zero-COVID policy. If the virus does take hold I cannot see the GF being able to remain open.

Links of interest
Well that's bloody depressing isn't it

Reactions: Gadgetman67
I can comment on this as an Australian

We have cars on the Clara with EDD's Late July all the way to end of August

Reactions: Mr Miserable
The MY production line ceased at the end of last month. This was a planned event, hence the number of unshipped MY from Q2 will be minuscule.
Although minuscule, I do think there are a couple of hundred UK MY. The reason I say this, is that many were given a 5 day delivery window only for it to be changed once the ship had sailed. I do think that there was some consolidation of ships and that the "part load" were not shipped. This is the only logical reason I can think of the last minute date change when such a small window was given. Though we are talking about Tesla and Tesla logic isn't the same as the rest of us... :-D

Sorry. There are no ships at the moment.
Hopefully by the end of the week we may have a couple, or at least one and a suspect to plot on the map.
MORNING CHORUS is due to arrive alongside Shanghai South/aka Luchao/aka Nangang/aka Hangzhou early on Friday morning. She will be arriving in Southampton on 16 Aug.
The suspect? I was hoping GLOVIS SUMMIT would head to Zeebrugge however she has now been diverted to S Korea which just leaves TALIA in my non-LED headlights. I can't find an itinerary for her at the moment. Certainly she is one to keep an eye on when she pitches up on Wednesday.
I have a feeling they will not closed down industry again to keep the exports and ports moving.
There is currently no MY production in Shanghai. MY will restart on 18 Jul at which point M3 will cease until 06 Aug.
Therefore I'm expecting MORNING CHORUS to be exclusively M3.

BTW My MY EDD has now moved to September. I am sure you are all relieved to hear that.
There is currently no MY production in Shanghai. MY will restart on 18 Jul at which point M3 will cease until 06 Aug.
Therefore I'm expecting MORNING CHORUS to be exclusively M3.

BTW My MY EDD has now moved to September. I am sure you are all relieved to hear that.
The MY production line ceased at the end of last month. This was a planned event, hence the number of unshipped MY from Q2 will be minuscule.
👍

If Morning Chorus is due to dock by tomorrow, then would it be safe to assume that loading of this and getting en route will happen before any serious BA5 levels start closing factories\activities down...?

How long does the process take from docking\loading\shipping out take - a couple of days?

• Helpful
Reactions: MYLRToon
I'm doing that exact investigation and progressed very little so far, no local Vigo forwarders involved, but could be a transfer point to fill up to other roro's departing Vigo full of PSA's
Btw, Vigo is 1.000 km away from any typical holidays destination in Spain 😉

Reactions: Michael C
If Morning Chorus is due to dock by tomorrow, then would it be safe to assume that loading of this and getting en route will happen before any serious BA5 levels start closing factories\activities down...?

How long does the process take from docking\loading\shipping out take - a couple of days?
Yes MORNING CHORUS should be safe and probably anything departing in the next 7 days or so but after that, who knows??
I'm trying to keep up-to-date with the COVID situation in Shanghai but it's difficult to put a date on some of the reports. A lot of the reporting concentrates on the Shanghai financial market rather than the surrounding industry.

I'm doing that exact investigation and progressed very little so far, no local Vigo forwarders involved, but could be a transfer point to fill up to other roro's departing Vigo full of PSA's
Btw, Vigo is 1.000 km away from any typical holidays destination in Spain 😉
Prometheus leader recently called in Drammen and dropped a small number of Tesla, it was in Malmo beforehand and likely did the same there. Another ship that is now directly off to Vigo.

Prometheus leader recently called in Drammen and dropped a small number of Tesla, it was in Malmo beforehand and likely did the same there. Another ship that is now directly off to Vigo.
Those Teslas were most likely from MORNING PEACE.
As has already been stated Vigo is where output from the Spanish Stellantis factories are shipped from.

Reactions: Michael C
Status
Not open for further replies.