Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite a few orders in Ireland received a text today: 'Your Model 3 arrival Date is being calculated and will show shortly in your Tesla app.'
I myself ordered end of June, have the VIN in source code and got that text today. EDD 9-23. August
Does anyone know what ship these cars are likely to be on?
I initially thought Morning Chorus however there has been little if any Vin allocation for M3 in the UK. Considering Southampton is the first stop I would have thought if it was the same ship the UK would have a similar flurry of Vin allocations especially as a lot of orders have been ordered in Q1?

Does anyone know what ship these cars are likely to be on?
I initially thought Morning Chorus however there has been little if any Vin allocation for M3 in the UK. Considering Southampton is the first stop I would have thought if it was the same ship the UK would have a similar flurry of Vin allocations?
From what I saw yesterday/other day, seemed like Mr M thought there could have been a ship before CHORUS that we missed maybe

Last edited:
@Mr Miserable Would Morning Lucy be of any interest to you. She is currently moored at Shanghai and has a bit of weight. I noticed she was at Southampton 2 ports back, but I don't know if they loop back that quickly.
Mr M will have a view, but from this schedule she appears to be going to South Korea before Europe so don't know if that has an impact on likelihood.

Screenshot 2022-07-20 at 15.41.26.png

From what I saw yesterday/other day, seemed like Mr M thought there could have been a ship before CHORUS that we missed maybe
Always respect wisdom of Mr M but relative to the chance of an earlier shipment having left Shanghai before Morning Chorus...I don't buy that. Seems unlikely that a ship of Teslas could have been loaded in Shanghai without it attracting the attention of those following. I remain to be convinced......

Always respect wisdom of Mr M but relative to the chance of an earlier shipment having left Shanghai before Morning Chorus...I don't buy that. Seems unlikely that a ship of Teslas could have been loaded in Shanghai without it attracting the attention of those following. I remain to be convinced......
The media attention last quarter was a Chinese PR initiative "Look things are back to normal again". Tesla have shipped over 50 full shipments from Shanghai to Europe without ceremony. The shipment which I reckon must be on the way will not be a full ship charter, rather a couple of deckloads only. It may be to Zeebrugge only or there may be 2 shipments, 1 to Zeebrugge and 1 to Koper.
They must be on the way and ahead of MORNING CHORUS simply because of the delivery dates being quoted.

EDD for M3SR now 6-20.8 location in Finland, no Vin yet. Did make the order for the wall connector to be sure all is ready for Tesla;
Hope Mr M dont give up forum after receiving his own car next week;)
-T
I was going to step away from this after getting my Model 3, and that was 3 years ago!

Wednesday 20 Jul 22

Tesla Ship Tracker Latest ship positions via satellite.

MORNING CHORUS continues to make good progress towards Singapore. She has a lot of M3s onboard and at least one MY! ETA Southampton 15 Aug.

GLOVIS SUMMIT has elected to keep clear of the choppy Straits of Taiwan and route to the east of the island. We still don't know her destination but I am assuming it to be Zeebrugge where she should arrive around 17 Aug.

I have still to identify the next EU/UK bound Tesla ship....

No more news on our suspect vessels at the moment. I suspect that at least one, possibly both, of these two is carrying Teslas:
LEO SPIRIT probably bound for Zeebrugge. I have revised my ETA to ~ 01 Aug. We should find out on Saturday afternoon where she is heading to.
POSEIDON LEADER No details known. Could arrive Koper 28 Jul or Zeebrugge 03 Aug

Links of interest

M3LR (Finland). VIN assigned (LRW3E7EB0NC6xxxxxx) and EDD was mid - end of august (can't see the exact date as it's a company lease).
Somehow does not sound feasible that my car is arriving on either of these now mentioned ships as reading this thread, both are arriving mid august and the cars need to be transported from Zeebrugge to Hanko which takes at least additional 1-2 weeks.

So my guess is that either the car is already in Zeebrugge and waiting for transportation to Hanko (Good bet is on UECC ship MinChah, which is bound to Zeebrugge from Hanko at this point) or is arriving to Zeebrugge in the next week or so on another ship which has left Shanghai earlier.

Could be wrong, I'm a total noobie in this tracking business but what I've been reading here is that VINs get assigned roughly 2 weeks before delivery. Or has that changed?

i am starting to believe another ship or partial ship is bound for KOPER.
dealer said pickup (Romania) will be 6 or 10.08. long before any of these 2 ships arrive.
invoices already arriving to other RO customers, and mine should arrive today or tomorrow. so pretty serious.

i am starting to believe another ship or partial ship is bound for KOPER.
dealer said pickup (Romania) will be 6 or 10.08. long before any of these 2 ships arrive.
invoices already arriving to other RO customers, and mine should arrive today or tomorrow. so pretty serious.
Hi, can you tell me if you got the Feb or the may round for the Rabla ecoBonus ? And the date of your initial order ? My EDD chaged two days ago to TBD and no info since.

Status
Not open for further replies.