Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still that's only +/- 15 days remaining and we were expecting a record number of boats for the UK, like 6+... so far there's only 1 accounted for... so one could be anxious about that unless we are going to witness an unprecedented flurry of UK-bound ships leaving Shanghai within the next two weeks...
2 Days production in Shanghai fills a ship, accepting multiple makets served from this factory. Lots of time left before final prognosis on Q3 deliveries

Given that both the M3 and MY lines have been shut down for some time during the start of the quarter and that now they are able to produce more vehicles and ever before there is a strong possibility of an unprecedented flurry
I pray there are enough ships to transport this unprecedented flurry of cars being manufactured. If there isn't, would Tesla instead opt to dedicate those ships they do have to make multiple shorter deliveries in Asia than in Europe?

If there isn't, would Tesla instead opt to dedicate those ships they do have to make multiple shorter deliveries in Asia than in Europe?
I imagine Tesla has their scheduling for the quarter all planned out, including the charters in place - clearly if they don't have shipping capacity into Europe then closer markets will get a bigger share, but EDDs would reflect that - we are seeing narrowing EDDs for Europe so some ships are still scheduled to come over.

2 Days production in Shanghai fills a ship, accepting multiple makets served from this factory. Lots of time left before final prognosis on Q3 deliveries
Well even if it was just 6 ships to UK, that would mean one every 4 days or so and I’m not convinced that will happen. Perhaps it means we could get German LR in Q4 with better trims and softer suspension as R Symons discovered on the MYP made in Berlin! Every cloud has a silver lining and all that jazz. In the meantime, there’s no queue at my home charger!

Drammen has unloaded a bunch of cars, does anyone recognize what type of cars on webcam?
Remember the Berln GF was closed for a couple of weeks and so I wouldn't expect many to turn up in Drammen just yet.
If they do, they will be moved from the pier to a holding area which is visible on the bottom left of the Holmen Syd camera

Last edited:
It seems the ship tracker is in need of an update

Are all of the VINS out on their first pass for the ships in transit to the UK?
The ship tracker is spot-on - I've just checked.
Are you looking at the correct one? Tesla Ship Tracker There are other inferior 'trackers' on the web.

I think the UK VINs for MORNING CHORUS have probably all been initially allocated.
Remember some folk won't want delivery in August preferring to wait for a 72 plate in September.
So plenty of time for these VINs to be offerred to others...

Additionally I think the process for cars onboard TITUS started late yesterday.

Last edited:
Well even if it was just 6 ships to UK, that would mean one every 4 days or so and I’m not convinced that will happen. Perhaps it means we could get German LR in Q4 with better trims and softer suspension as R Symons discovered on the MYP made in Berlin! Every cloud has a silver lining and all that jazz. In the meantime, there’s no queue at my home charger!
Cant follow the logic here. Odds are much more in favour of Q3 deliveries than for Q4 to be serviced from Berlin..i think we all find reasons to form opinions, some optimistic some pessimistic..a choice....

Reactions: Toblerone
The ship tracker is spot-on - I've just checked.
Are you looking at the correct one? Tesla Ship Tracker There are other inferior 'trackers' on the web.

I think the UK VINs for MORNING CHORUS have probably all been initially allocated.
Remember some folk won't want delivery in August preferring to wait for a 72 plate in September.
So plenty of time for these VINs to be offerred to others...

Additionally I think the process for cars onboard TITUS started late yesterday.
MY LR Grey/black/19 .Delivery.August 26th am.Manchester.Confirmed today by Tesla.Collections will be available from August 19th ..MORNING CHORUS on time at Southhampton around 15th August?.

Status
Not open for further replies.