Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a lot of RHD's sitting there. They're all RHD. I think we have a winner.

@Mr Miserable

Something I find interesting.

The cars in the section of the parking below are the same cars from the Wu Wa 29th July video.

So the cars have been sit at the port for a while waiting for a full load to be built.

Wu Wa 29th July Video
1659706999164.png

Wu Wa 5th Aug Video
1659707011954.png

Odd question for you. In the video, you can see the ships ramp is down at the start of the video. Skipping ahead to the '4 hours later' at the end of the video with cars parked by the ship the ramp is going back up and closing. Is it normal to keep opening and closing like that? If so, could tidal patterns dictate that?
Yes It does look unusual however if the crew are not ready for loading - having a briefing or lunch etc the easiest thing for the Chief Officer to do is to secure the vessel by raising the ramp. There will only be about 22 crew onboard in total and they are stretched thinly during port operations.

I just got back from my local Tesla shop (Denmark) where i was fishing for info about my model Y.
He said they expected to start receiving cars next week and for cars to keep coming for the next five weeks.
This might mean that there is indeed a ship that is undetected.

Reactions: Salv0
I just got back from my local Tesla shop (Denmark) where i was fishing for info about my model Y.
He said they expected to start receiving cars next week and for cars to keep coming for the next five weeks.
This might mean that there is indeed a ship that is undetected.
Based on what Tesla reps were saying coupled with some ambitious EDD I did wonder whether we had a missed shipment however those EDDs have now mostly moved right and are achieveable from the known ships. I do wonder whether some cars were put on TRAVIATA. If the ship docks in Zeebrugge at the Canada Quays 531/ 532 that would indicate she hasn't. If however she docks at an ICO berth which is on the other side, then....
We shall see later tonight.

@kevincredible and @MYLRToon, Felixstowe is indeed nowhere near Southampton, but I wonder if this could still have an impact on import logistics nationally. For example if ships divert from Felixstowe to other UK ports. @Mr Miserable would you think this is likely, or not?
It should have no impact. The berths used by Tesla in Southampton are not capable of handling containers and so even if ships divert it won't affect.

Based on what Tesla reps were saying coupled with some ambitious EDD I did wonder whether we had a missed shipment however those EDDs have now mostly moved right and are achieveable from the known ships. I do wonder whether some cars were put on TRAVIATA. If the ship docks in Zeebrugge at the Canada Quays 531/ 532 that would indicate she hasn't. If however she docks at an ICO berth which is on the other side, then....
We shall see later tonight.
Same for LEO SPIRIT, the other mystery ship that was mentioned on the German forum. She is also due to dock in Zeebrugge tomorrow.
My EDD is still Aug 5th-19th. M3P to Sweden, VIN 604xxx. Fingers crossed!

Yes It does look unusual however if the crew are not ready for loading - having a briefing or lunch etc the easiest thing for the Chief Officer to do is to secure the vessel by raising the ramp. There will only be about 22 crew onboard in total and they are stretched thinly during port operations.
How long does it take to load the ship? I am almost hopeful now that my EDD will stay in Q3

Do you know @mrmiserable when the cut off for ships to UK for this quarter will be? Assuming it's mid August and if the model 3 production gets back up and running from Monday we have maybe two weeks worth of production (upto 16,000 model 3s), so potentially one or two model 3 heavy UK bound ships?

Friday 05 Aug 22

Click this link to see where the Tesla ships are currently located Tesla Ship Tracker.

MORNING CHORUS ETA Southampton 15 Aug with 1,000 - 1,500 cars and ETA 18 Aug Zebrugge with 1,999 M3 and 950 MY. She has just arrived at the southern entrance to the Suez Canal. I expect her to transit the canal tomorrow.

GLOVIS SUMMIT She still hasn't appeared on the Koper arrivals board and so I think we can say she isn't going there. I suspect she will be heading to Zeebrugge with 3,026 M3 and 853 MY. ETA ~17 Aug. She has dropped off the tracker for some reason but trust me she's powering up the Red Sea and will shortly pass Jeddah. She should transit the canal on Monday when we should also find out exactly where in Europe she is heading to.

TITUS Not a Tesla charter but believed to carrying some Teslas to the UK. ETA Southampton 21 Aug. She is currently crossing a lumpy Arabian Sea. It is affecting her forward speed but she'll easily make it back up when she arrives in the smoother waters of the Gulf of Aden.

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is carrying 2000 MY to Zeebrugge. If you are on the continent (or possibly Ireland) and are waiting for a MY, when you discover your source code VIN enter it HERE. Do let me know if it was succesful, also let me know the 1st 3 digits of your VIN too please. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug. Please note that if you are in the UK your search will be unsuccessful because your car will not be onboard this ship!

RCC ANTWERP is now well clear of Taiwan - as expected she hugged the Chinese coast, and she is now safely in the South China Sea. A Tropical Depression has formed off the Philipines but I reckon she will dodge any significant weather from that storm. She is maintaining 18 kts but I'm not sure that is enough to arrive at Suez on the 19 Aug. I strongly suspect she is heading to Barcelona with 4052 MY on board.

GLOVIS COMPANION is loading at Shanghai South with what looks like a load of MY for the UK. If she departs tomorrow and sails at 16kts I estimate she will arrive in Southampton around 02 Sep. She could arrive days earlier if she gets a wiggle on at the expense of a significantly higher fuel burn.
I'm going to keep an eye on that storm off the Philippines - it could affect her.

SWALLOW ACE remains on the suspect list, for the moment, however I think it is coincidence that she is heading to Barcelona too.

You may have caught my earlier post about TRAVIATA. She should arrive in Zeebrugge later tonight and it will be interesting to see where she docks. I'm pretty confident we have all the current Tesla ships identified but there is always a chance that a small shipment may have escaped us. The hunt for the mystery ship ended for me when a significant number of EDDs with dates in early August were moved to the right. It seems that there are still a few of these early dates in existence, hence the interest in TRAVIATA. Coincidentally, LEO SPIRIT which was a prime suspect earlier will also dock in Zeebrugge tonight.

Do please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have.

Last edited:
Do you know @mrmiserable when the cut off for ships to UK for this quarter will be? Assuming it's mid August and if the model 3 production gets back up and running from Monday we have maybe two weeks worth of production (upto 16,000 model 3s), so potentially one or two model 3 heavy UK bound ships?
I would say the cut-off for a Shanghai departure to the UK will be about 23 Aug.

Friday 05 Aug 22

Click this link to see where the Tesla ships are currently located Tesla Ship Tracker.

MORNING CHORUS ETA Southampton 15 Aug with 1,000 - 1,500 cars and ETA 18 Aug Zebrugge with 1,999 M3 and 950 MY. She has just arrived at the southern entrance to the Suez Canal. I expect her to transit the canal tomorrow.

GLOVIS SUMMIT She still hasn't appeared on the Koper arrivals board and so I think we can say she isn't going there. I suspect she will be heading to Zeebrugge with 3,026 M3 and 853 MY. ETA ~17 Aug. She has dropped off the tracker for some reason but trust me she's powering up the Red Sea and will shortly pass Mecca. She should transit the canal on Monday when we should also find out exactly where in Europe she is heading to.

TITUS Not a Tesla charter but believed to carrying some Teslas to the UK. ETA Southampton 21 Aug. She is currently crossing a lumpy Arabian Sea. It is affecting her forward speed but she'll easily make it back up when she arrives in the smoother waters of the Gulf of Aden.

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is carrying 2000 MY to Zeebrugge. If you are on the continent (or possibly Ireland) and are waiting for a MY, when you discover your source code VIN enter it HERE. Do let me know if it was succesful, also let me know the 1st 3 digits of your VIN too please. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug. Please note that if you are in the UK your search will be unsuccessful because your car will not be onboard this ship!

RCC ANTWERP is now well clear of Taiwan - as expected she hugged the Chinese coast, and she is now safely in the South China Sea. A Tropical Depression has formed off the Philipines but I reckon she will dodge any significant weather from that storm. She is maintaining 18 kts but I'm not sure that is enough to arrive at Suez on the 19 Aug. I strongly suspect she is heading to Barcelona with 4052 MY on board.

GLOVIS COMPANION is loading at Shanghai South with what looks like a load of MY for the UK. If she departs tomorrow and sails at 16kts I estimate she will arrive in Southampton around 02 Sep. She could arrive days earlier if she gets a wiggle on at the expense of a significantly higher fuel burn.

SWALLOW ACE remains on the suspect list, for the moment, however I think it is coincidence that she is heading to Barcelona too.

You may have caught my earlier post about TRAVIATA. She should arrive in Zeebrugge later tonight and it will be interesting to see where she docks. I'm pretty confident we have all the current Tesla ships identified but there is always a chance that a small shipment may have escaped us. The hunt for the mystery ship ended for me when a significant number of EDDs with dates in early August were moved to the right. It seems that there are still a few of these early dates in existence, hence the interest in TRAVIATA. Coincidentally, LEO SPIRIT which was a prime suspect earlier will also dock in Zeebrugge tonight.

Do please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have.
SWALLOW ACE (as you may know) also seems to be bound for Zeebrugge and then Portbury on 31 Aug.

Thanks as always Mr M. So with about 3 weeks left for departures, and 6 identified ships departed to date, do you still think Q3 will hit the 15-16 Europe ( including UK!) bound ships you predicted in the first post of this thread? Not that I am starting to panic or anything!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.