Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 40 MY shipped to and delivered in Norway so far in Oct which is a surprise to me given the high numbers of MiG MY shipped in Sept, will be super interesting to see the Oct European deliveries. Did Berlin have another shutdown, deliver locally, or have they been shipping for export to Taiwan...?

Only 40 MY shipped to and delivered in Norway so far in Oct which is a surprise to me given the high numbers of MiG MY shipped in Sept, will be super interesting to see the Oct European deliveries. Did Berlin have another shutdown, deliver locally, or have they been shipping for export to Taiwan...?
I continue to be unimpressed with Berlin's production performance, they seem to generate more press releases than cars.
Stories of silver and cherry red colours being produced in the super-duper paint shop when we haven't even seen standard blue or MSM colours yet.
The Taiwan rumours continue and don't appear to have many facts behind them.
I see that AZUL ACE has been identified elsewhere on the internet as transporting MIG MY to Taiwan despite the fact that the ship is not scheduled to call there. If cars were seen being loaded on to the ship then they may be being crossloaded in Singapore.
I don't plan to track MIG shipments, I have enough on my plate as it is!

Last edited:
There is also a massive VIN shower in Germany and France. Possibly from from both RCC Amsterdam (Koper) and Hyperion Ray (some report it's off to Barcelona accoridng to TA's).
I would tend to agree that HYPERION RAY is most likely heading to Barcelona but I still await confirmation of this.
Interestingly, last night I did an analysis of VIN shower/ship to try and positively identify CARRERA (my, how the nights fly by!) but one thing that did come out of it was that there was probably no VIN shower for GRANDE ABIDJAN. Now it could be that it was hidden within RCC AMSTERDAM or HYPERION RAY showers or that GRANDE ABIDJAN is simply not carrying any Teslas. I'm tempted to go with the latter but on the other hand I am aware that there is a shipment heading to Israel from Shanghai somewhere out there....

Reactions: Eddygrant
What's also interesting is that I haven't seen anyone report that their car is on RCC Amsterdam, while I've seen at least four posts of people suggesting their car is on Hyperion Ray according to their TA. I'm starting to doubt if RCC Amsterdam VINs have been assigned yet.
Mmmm. I may have to revisit last night's work.
Whatever, there is something not quite right with RCC AMSTERDAM/GRANDE ABIDJAN shipments.
Just can't put my finger on it yet.....

Summary: Saturday 29 Oct

GRANDE CALIFORNIA arrived last night to an anchorage off Koper. She apparently has 5000 Teslas onboard (724 MY, 4276 M3) Despite arriving early the port schedule remains unchanged and still shows her docking tomorrow.
HOEGH COPENHAGEN ETA Zeebrugge on 03 Nov. The ship is on a scheduled service and is currently preparing to depart to Zeebrugge from Sagunto, Spain.

VIKING QUEEN ETA Barcelona 07 Nov.
GLOVIS SUMMIT ETA Southampton 16 Nov. She can easily make Southampton for the 16 Nov.

Don't forget to enter the free GLOVIS SUMMIT competition - ENTER HERE
We have just 45 entries so far so there are plenty of likely squares that remain unchosen. Click the above link for instructions.

GRANDE ABIDJAN is enroute to Suez (7/11). I am a bit puzzled by this ship (she's not big enough for a normal Tesla shipment) and so she may not be on Tesla business. Could she be heading for Israel?? (Ashdod around 9 Nov?)

RCC AMSTERDAM ETA Koper 15 Nov. I know the 15 Nov date for Koper is correct but at her present rate she will arrive there days ahead of schedule. Could she be visiting another port prior to Koper? GRANDE CALIFORNIA arrived there early too without any known reason.
HYPERION RAY is enroute for Suez . Her final destination remains unknown at present but almost certainly will be an EU port. (ETAs roughly KOP 17/11, BCN 18/11 or ZEE 21/11). (There is a suggestion that it will be Barcelona.)
CARRERA ETA Zeebrugge 25 Nov.
RCC EUROPE ETA Southampton 24 Nov. She is currently avoiding some rough weather in the South China Sea.
HOEGH TRADER ETA Zeebrugge 30 Nov. She is yet to be confirmed as carrying Teslas but I think it is highly likely that she is.
The forecast for the tropical storm I mentioned yesterday has changed. It is now saying that it will develop into a Typhoon but its path will be much more southerly - towards Hong Kong rather than Shanghai. The South China Sea is already pretty rough (note RCC EUROPE's track on the map is well to the west to avoid the worst of the weather) and it will be interesting to see how HOEGH TRADER's course southwards will be affected by the developing storm. I would guess she will pass to the east of Taiwan and aim to pass behind the storm. Whatever, she will be in no rush to head south at the moment.

GRAND RACE has arrived in Mokpo, S Korea after a voyage from Pier 80. She should continue on to Taiwan.
NOBLE ACE is enroute to Taiwan (ETA 09 Nov) from Pier 80.

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress.

I think we may see one more ship to Southampton this quarter. At the moment I'm tipping MORNING CELLO (ETA Southampton 6 Dec) but that can change....

GRANDE CALIFORNIA arrived last night to an anchorage off Koper. She apparently has 5000 Teslas onboard (724 MY, 4276 M3) Despite arriving early the port schedule remains unchanged and still shows her docking tomorrow.
HOEGH COPENHAGEN ETA Zeebrugge on 03 Nov. The ship is on a scheduled service and is currently preparing to depart to Zeebrugge from Sagunto, Spain.

GLOVIS SUMMIT ETA Southampton 16 Nov. She can easily make Southampton for the 16 Nov.

We have just 45 entries so far so there are plenty of likely squares that remain unchosen. Click the above link for instructions.

GRANDE ABIDJAN is enroute to Suez (7/11). I am a bit puzzled by this ship (she's not big enough for a normal Tesla shipment) and so she may not be on Tesla business. Could she be heading for Israel?? (Ashdod around 9 Nov?)

RCC AMSTERDAM ETA Koper 15 Nov. I know the 15 Nov date for Koper is correct but at her present rate she will arrive there days ahead of schedule. Could she be visiting another port prior to Koper? GRANDE CALIFORNIA arrived there early too without any known reason.
HYPERION RAY is enroute for Suez . Her final destination remains unknown at present but almost certainly will be an EU port. (ETAs roughly KOP 17/11, BCN 18/11 or ZEE 21/11). (There is a suggestion that it will be Barcelona.)
RCC EUROPE ETA Southampton 24 Nov. She is currently avoiding some rough weather in the South China Sea.
HOEGH TRADER ETA Zeebrugge 30 Nov. She is yet to be confirmed as carrying Teslas but I think it is highly likely that she is.
The forecast for the tropical storm I mentioned yesterday has changed. It is now saying that it will develop into a Typhoon but its path will be much more southerly - towards Hong Kong rather than Shanghai. The South China Sea is already pretty rough (note RCC EUROPE's track on the map is well to the west to avoid the worst of the weather) and it will be interesting to see how HOEGH TRADER's course southwards will be affected by the developing storm. I would guess she will pass to the east of Taiwan and aim to pass behind the storm. Whatever, she will be in no rush to head south at the moment.

GRAND RACE has arrived in Mokpo, S Korea after a voyage from Pier 80. She should continue on to Taiwan.

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress.

I think we may see one more ship to Southampton this quarter. At the moment I'm tipping MORNING CELLO (ETA Southampton 6 Dec) but that can change....
carrera is lost at sea 😬?

Regarding shipments from Berlin, this video by Tobias Lindh provides some information:
This is a logistics hub run by a company called CAT Automobillogistik. It is located southwest of Berlin about 50km from the Tesla factory. The company has several hubs in Germany including one near Bremerhaven.

It seems that many if not all MiG Teslas go through this hub. The video, published on October 10, shows about 500-600 Teslas at the hub.

Reactions: Michael C

Hi Mr M.

There was talk of 5 ships coming to the UK this Quarter, but from what you’re saying there may only be 3, is that correct?

Hi Mr M.

There was talk of 5 ships coming to the UK this Quarter, but from what you’re saying there may only be 3, is that correct?
Q3 was a very good one for the UK to the detriment of EU and so I think it reasonable to expect the pendulum to swing the other way in Q4.
Nevertheless I was expecting a bumper Q4 and the last couple of weeks have certainly raised my hopes despite the obvious transport sourcing problems. 5 ships for the UK is not completely out of the window yet but it will mean an end of quarter frenzy.
Since it's not only a quarter end but a financial year end for Tesla, Q4's always prove to be exciting!

My EDD and im sure a lot of others, include Christmas, (my window closes 26december)
I presume they are not delivering cars on Christmas day, but it seems unlikely that the EDD does not take the holidays into account.

Do we think they will be delivering on Christmas eve or boxing day? Its possible I guess, lots of offices and things are open on Christmas Eve and lots of retail is open Christmas Eve and Boxing day....

Reactions: rowedav
Status
Not open for further replies.