Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It take a good 2/3 days to load the ship I think, and thatā€™s with a load of cars lined up on the dock ready to roll on. So would imagine unloading and moving out the way of other incoming ships will take just as long (if not longer). Then Iā€™m guessing thereā€™s some form of collection prep to be done.

Iā€™m just assuming that though - Iā€™m sure someone with more experience on the matter could chime in.
Certainly does not take 3 days to load a ship.
Feeder ships 8 hours and 5000 cars could be loaded in 24 hours.
It depends on deck numbers being loaded at same time and number of drivers and lashers .
Have loaded a ship with 14 decks so proved d a logistical challenge but you could certainly load 4 decks at a time if not more although 4 is most I have seen
standing charge for ships is a lot more than cost of minimum wage personnel

Certainly, does not take 3 days to load a ship.
Feeder ships 8 hours and 5000 cars could be loaded in 24 hours.
It depends on deck numbers being loaded at same time and number of drivers and lashers .
Have loaded a ship with 14 decks so proved d a logistical challenge but you could certainly load 4 decks at a time if not more although 4 is most I have seen
standing charge for ships is a lot more than cost of minimum wage personnel

Grande California has exactly 5.000 Tesla's on board.
Arrival in Shanghai: October 5, 12:32 (UTC)
Departure Shanghai: October 7, 13:59 (UTC)
Time in Port: 2 days 1 hour.

So on average 2.500 cars per day is approx 104 cars per hour, or almost 2 cars per minute.

Reactions: rowedav
Dear Mr. M,

Seems Malaysia Brave has docked, Could that be a Tesla Ship to Europe? and possibly the UK?
0F62CA30-AA14-44E0-A66B-2C84B19A217F.png

Summary: Monday 31 Oct

Please confine posts to shipping related matters. This means no "what colour did you order?" Are you getting a tow hitch?" type posts. Thanks.

GRANDE CALIFORNIA Contrary to my report yesterday, she did not dock in Koper until this afternoon. She apparently has 5000 Teslas to unload (724 MY, 4276 M3)
HOEGH COPENHAGEN ETA Zeebrugge on 03 Nov.
VIKING QUEEN ETA Barcelona 07 Nov.
GLOVIS SUMMIT ETA Southampton 16 Nov. She can easily make Southampton for the 16 Nov.

Don't forget to enter the free GLOVIS SUMMIT competition - ENTER HERE
We now have 55 entries and so there remain plenty of likely squares still unchosen. Click the above link for instructions.

GRANDE ABIDJAN is enroute to Suez (7/11). I am a bit puzzled by this ship (she's not big enough for a normal Tesla shipment) and so she may not be on Tesla business. Could she be heading for Israel?? (Ashdod around 9 Nov?)

RCC AMSTERDAM ETA Koper 15 Nov. I know the 15 Nov date for Koper is correct but at her present rate she will arrive there days ahead of schedule. Could she be visiting another port prior to Koper? GRANDE CALIFORNIA arrived there early too without any known reason.
HYPERION RAY is enroute for Suez . Her final destination still remains unknown at present but almost certainly will be an EU port. (ETAs roughly KOP 17/11, BCN 18/11 or ZEE 21/11). (There is a suggestion that it will be Barcelona.)
CARRERA ETA Zeebrugge 25 Nov.
RCC EUROPE ETA Southampton 24 Nov.
HOEGH TRADER ETA Zeebrugge 30 Nov. She is yet to be confirmed as carrying Teslas but I think it is highly likely that she is.
HOEGH TROOPER is currently alongside in Taicang and I expect she may load some Teslas bound for Zeebrugge (10 Dec)

Nalgae is now a category 1 typhoon and is slowly moving across the South China Sea towards Hong Kong . HOEGH TRADER is slowly advancing south to the east of Taiwan with the intention of passing behind the typhoon. This could be a delicate balance because I note another storm is forming to the SE of the Phillipines that may follow the same route as Typhoon Nalgae. The aim of HOEGH TRADER will be to slip past between the 2 storms.

GRAND RACE has now arrived in Pyeongtaek. When she departed Pier 80 her AIS destination was originally Taipei, then it changed to Pyeongtaek and then it changed to Mokpo. On that basis perhaps her next stop will be Taipei.
NOBLE ACE is enroute to Taiwan (ETA 09 Nov) from Pier 80.

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress.

MORNING CELLO is currently anchored off Pyeongtaek but I note MORNING CHORUS is now on her way to Shanghai. Is this a switch?
Some of you may have noticed that MALAYSIA BRAVE seems poised to dock at Shanghai South. If she does I'm not expecting her to load for EU/UK since she seems to confine herself to the waters east of Suez. Then again, I could be wrong!
I just see that Carrera's next destination has been changed from "Suez Canal" to "Chittagong" in Bangladesh. We in the Netherlands are very much looking forward to this ship as it has been frequently identified by TA as having MY for the Dutch market. Mr M. From your analysis, is there any logical explanation for this (possible) change of direction?

I just see that Carrera's next destination has been changed from "Suez Canal" to "Chittagong" in Bangladesh. We in the Netherlands are very much looking forward to this ship as it has been frequently identified by TA as having MY for the Dutch market. Mr M. From your analysis, is there any logical explanation for this (possible) change of direction?
Hmm, Carrera changed back to Suez Canal again,

Spoke to Tesla today and they sent me my VIN by text and gave me a home delivery date of the 25th Nov. Tusker lease order so don't have the luxury of any of the usual tracking tools.

Based on the assumption that this info is accurate and I'm not being mushroomed by Tesla, is it reasonable to say that my car is on Summit? Seems like too short of a turnaround to be on RCC Europe?

@Mr Miserable I rang Tesla (I won't bore you with the details of why) but the Agent told me something that I thought you would be interested in. She told me they will be delivering cars in January 23 to try and get the backlog down and this is not something they have done before (as we know). So we may be seeing ships in the latter part of December.

January being a month, as you probably know, when Tesla normally deliver no cars in the UK....
Thought it was odd but would make sense with what Jon_UK was told by the agent

• Informative
Reactions: Jon_UK and Jason71
Sometimes crew members, particularly on nights, play with the equipment to see how far from home they are. It can get annoying particulalrly if they forget to put it back to the correct destination.

@Mr Miserable

Any chance that Grand Race just unloaded S/X from Fremont in KR PTK that Glovis Sunrise is just about to load them back and set sail West to Israel/EU?

Its the Only reasonable way that I can think of getting my S LR with the EDD of 08/12-23/12šŸ¤ž
I doubt it.
There is still plenty of time to reach Ashdod via Panama Canal and Zeebrugge in that time frame.
There is presently no sign of anything departing soon from Pier 80 and so it may be being shipped from the eastern seaboard possibly via Zeebrugge or Barcelona.

Dear Mr. M, what about the Hoegh Bangkok that was in Taicang a few weeks ago and is heading to Europe? Are there no Teslaā€™s on that vessel? Looking forward to your daily update. Thanks in forward
Once you have a VIN you can check to see whether your car is on a Hoegh ship by entering it here.
There was no apparent VIN shower for this ship and I was watching for one particularly from French customers since the ship is due to arrive in Le Havre around 17 Nov. I would of course be keen to learn if anyone locates their car on any Hoegh ship.
I should add that this applies only to EU customers since Hoegh do not ship to UK for Tesla.

Reactions: JWTheKING
Spoke to Tesla today and they sent me my VIN by text and gave me a home delivery date of the 25th Nov. Tusker lease order so don't have the luxury of any of the usual tracking tools.

Based on the assumption that this info is accurate and I'm not being mushroomed by Tesla, is it reasonable to say that my car is on Summit? Seems like too short of a turnaround to be on RCC Europe?
I would agree GLOVIS SUMMIT is most likely. I would enter the GLOVIS SUMMIT competition too if I were you! Click here

Reactions: graylscott
Grande California has exactly 5.000 Tesla's on board.
Arrival in Shanghai: October 5, 12:32 (UTC)
Departure Shanghai: October 7, 13:59 (UTC)
Time in Port: 2 days 1 hour.

So on average 2.500 cars per day is approx 104 cars per hour, or almost 2 cars per minute.
That is relatively slow loading as to physically park car once on deck should not take more than 30 seconds,it all depends how quickly they can get cars onto ship which is merely a function of number of drivers.sometimes loading is run by dockside operations who think more people is more costs whereas charging time for ship staying at dock is covered by a different accountant or budget I.e they may have budget for weather delays

Status
Not open for further replies.