Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary: Friday 04 Nov

Please confine posts to shipping related matters. This means no "what colour did you order?" Are you getting a tow hitch?" type posts. Thanks.

HOEGH COPENHAGEN is now in the process of docking in Zeebrugge.
VIKING QUEEN ETA Barcelona 06 Nov. She will now dock at 17:00 on 06 Nov - a day earlier than scheduled.
GLOVIS SUMMIT ETA Southampton 16 Nov. She can easily make Southampton for the 16 Nov. If she keeps her speed up she may arrive at Suez in time to catch the tail end of a northbound convoy on the 6th. That will put her another 24hrs ahead.

Don't forget to enter the free GLOVIS SUMMIT competition - ENTER HERE
We now have 84 entries - let's see if we can get over 100 entries. Click the above link for instructions.
The competition is due to close on Monday but if GLOVIS SUMMIT enters the canal on Sunday I will close it there and then.
Please enter your TMC user name where requested on the form - not your email address.

GRANDE ABIDJAN is enroute to Suez (7/11). I don't know where she is heading or whether she is carrying any Teslas at all.

RCC AMSTERDAM ETA Ashdod 08 Nov. We now know she will head to Ashdod, Israel first, before heading to Koper where she is meant to arrive on 12 Nov.
HYPERION RAY is enroute for Suez . Her final destination still remains unknown at present but almost certainly will be an EU port. (ETAs roughly KOP 17/11, BCN 18/11 or ZEE 21/11). (There is a suggestion that it will be Barcelona.)
CARRERA ETA Zeebrugge 25 Nov.
RCC EUROPE ETA Southampton 24 Nov.
HOEGH TRADER ETA Zeebrugge 30 Nov. Known to be carrying some Teslas.
HOEGH TROOPER ETA Zeebrugge 10 Nov. I expect she may be carrying some Teslas bound for Zeebrugge but she is not yet confirmed to be.
MORNING CELLO ETA Southampton 04 Dec. Didn't stay long enough at Shanghai South to load much. VIN allocations suggest she is carrying some Teslas, but not many I suspect.

I have my eye on GLOVIS SAFETY at the moment. I suspect she is heading to Shanghai South.

NOBLE ACE is enroute to Taiwan (ETA 09 Nov) from Pier 80.

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress.
Now have Grande Abidjan due at Hamburg 22/11, not sure how that ties in with your timings. Cant remember if thats the same as we found before.

1667590377082.png

Please confine posts to shipping related matters. This means no "what colour did you order?" Are you getting a tow hitch?" type posts. Thanks.

VIKING QUEEN ETA Barcelona 06 Nov. She will now dock at 17:00 on 06 Nov - a day earlier than scheduled.
GLOVIS SUMMIT ETA Southampton 16 Nov. She can easily make Southampton for the 16 Nov. If she keeps her speed up she may arrive at Suez in time to catch the tail end of a northbound convoy on the 6th. That will put her another 24hrs ahead.

We now have 84 entries - let's see if we can get over 100 entries. Click the above link for instructions.
The competition is due to close on Monday but if GLOVIS SUMMIT enters the canal on Sunday I will close it there and then.
Please enter your TMC user name where requested on the form - not your email address.

GRANDE ABIDJAN is enroute to Suez (7/11). I don't know where she is heading or whether she is carrying any Teslas at all.

RCC AMSTERDAM ETA Ashdod 08 Nov. We now know she will head to Ashdod, Israel first, before heading to Koper where she is meant to arrive on 12 Nov.
HYPERION RAY is enroute for Suez . Her final destination still remains unknown at present but almost certainly will be an EU port. (ETAs roughly KOP 17/11, BCN 18/11 or ZEE 21/11). (There is a suggestion that it will be Barcelona.)
HOEGH TROOPER ETA Zeebrugge 10 Nov. I expect she may be carrying some Teslas bound for Zeebrugge but she is not yet confirmed to be.
MORNING CELLO ETA Southampton 04 Dec. Didn't stay long enough at Shanghai South to load much. VIN allocations suggest she is carrying some Teslas, but not many I suspect.

I have my eye on GLOVIS SAFETY at the moment. I suspect she is heading to Shanghai South.

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress.
Thank you so much for all the information you provide. I had it confirmed tonight via chat that my car has been allocated with date of early to mid December so hoping Morning Cello is the ship. I purchased via fleet solutions do unable to locate vin I don’t think.

I wonder what ship will take it to Trondheim and further to Bodø and Tromsø, where I'm waiting for my red devil. Heard rumours about WESER HIGHWAY, currently unloading in Grimsby, going all the way into the arctic directly from Zeebrugge. Any info on this @Mr Miserable ?
Weser Highway is the ship to Trondheim, and it will arrive 9th or 10th of november. With first possible delivery monday 14th. Uncofirmed it will go straight to Trondheim. That could possibly mean Trondheim > Bodø > Tromsø?. All i know for sure is in bold.

Weser Highway is the ship to Trondheim, and it will arrive 9th or 10th of november. With first possible delivery monday 14th. Uncofirmed it will go straight to Trondheim. That could possibly mean Trondheim > Bodø > Tromsø?. All i know for sure is in bold.
I think you're right. It also says next port from Trondheim is Bodø, and Tesla in Tromsø is expecting a ship (or they say so) the week after. WESER HIGHWAY is on route to Zeebrugge now, arrives tonight so time will tell where she goes next. Fingers crossed!

I think you're right. It also says next port from Trondheim is Bodø, and Tesla in Tromsø is expecting a ship (or they say so) the week after. WESER HIGHWAY is on route to Zeebrugge now, arrives tonight so time will tell where she goes next. Fingers crossed!
Just as a matter of interest, Drammen has had an influx of MIG MIY - they are presently sitting on the dock there.

Reactions: Mirrormatch
I mentioned yesterday that we were likely to lose the AIS signal from HYPERION RAY soon and it looks as though this has now happened.
I expect her AIS signal will be switched back on when she is in the Red Sea, maybe Wednesday or Thursday.

I have posted this in the full knowledge that someone will post "What has happened to HYPERION RAY?" and I am going to ignore it.

Last edited:

Looks like SUMMIT will be in a good place to hopefully catch the northwards cluster tomorrow!

Summary: Saturday 05 Nov

HOEGH COPENHAGEN arrived yesterday in Zeebrugge. Her next stop is Amsterdam on Monday- could she be delivering Teslas to Koopmans?
VIKING QUEEN ETA Barcelona 06 Nov. She will now dock at 17:00 on 06 Nov - a day earlier than scheduled. She has slowed because the Mistral is creating some heavy seas in the western Med at present.
GLOVIS SUMMIT ETA Southampton 16 Nov. She can easily make Southampton for the 16 Nov. It looks like she will transit the canal on Monday.

We now have 88 entries - let's see if we can get over 100 entries. Click the above link for instructions.
I am going to close this competition early - tomorrow at midday UTC. Why? Just in case GLOVIS SUMMIT updates her AIS with an ETA for Southampton, can't make it too easy!

RCC AMSTERDAM ETA Ashdod 08 Nov. She will head to Ashdod, Israel first, before heading to Koper where she is meant to arrive on 12 Nov.
HYPERION RAY is enroute for Suez . Her final destination still remains unknown at present but almost certainly will be an EU port. (ETAs roughly KOP 17/11, BCN 18/11 or ZEE 21/11). (There is a suggestion that it will be Barcelona.) No AIS position from her now probably until Wed/Thu.
HOEGH TROOPER ETA Zeebrugge 10 Nov. Nobody has reported their VIN onboard her so far.
GLOVIS SAFETY is presently loading at Shanghai South. I've no idea where she will depart to, however the chances are that she is on Tesla business.

Curious what is the northwards cluster? and what are the implications
The Suez Canal supports only one-way traffic. Thus ships travel in convoys in alternating directions.

If Summit arrives at the southern marshaling point in time, she likely can join the northbound convoy that is about to depart. Else she waits for the next convoy.

There is only one convoy in each direction per day. Clearly, inadequate haste a day wastes.

It must have been a lot of Teslas to unload for Hoegh Copenhagen in Zeebrugge?
She have been there for 2 days soon…

I’ve got info about pick up 18th november in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Sounds quite long with 2 weeks from Zeebrugge to Gothenburg with train..

Status
Not open for further replies.