Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary: Thursday 10 Nov

Please confine posts to shipping related matters. This means no "what colour did you order?" Are you getting a tow hitch?" type posts. Thanks.

GLOVIS SUMMIT ETA Southampton 14 Nov. She is scheduled to arrive in Southampton at 23:30 on 14 Sep.
RCC AMSTERDAM is now racing across the Med at full speed to Koper where she is due to arrive on 12 Nov. I can't imagine she will unload much more than 1500 cars there.
GRANDE ABIDJAN is heading to Southampton with an ETA of 16 Nov. This is a surprise, I wouldn't have expected another Tesla ship so soon after GLOVIS SUMMIT. I don't know whether she is carrying any Teslas at all. Let's see where she plans to dock - we should find out just after midnight tonight.
HYPERION RAY is enroute for Suez . At last, we now know she is heading for Barcelona with an ETA of 17 Nov.
CARRERA ETA Zeebrugge 25 Nov. Has currently switched off her AIS as she transits what is regarded as a high risk part of the world.
RCC EUROPE ETA Southampton 24 Nov.
The RCC EUROPE competition is open!
Click HERE to enter. It's free and just a bit of fun. Just 31 entries so far, which is very low considering the competition will close in 3 days time.
Come on folks!
Once again however I need to remind folk to enter your TMC username,not an email address, on the entry form.

HOEGH TRADER ETA Zeebrugge 30 Nov. Known to be carrying some Teslas.
MORNING CELLO ETA Southampton 04 Dec. Didn't stay long enough at Shanghai South to load much. VIN allocations suggest she is carrying some Teslas, but not many I suspect. It looks like she will make a stop in Tarragona, Spain on 27 Nov. This stop won't be Tesla related.
GLOVIS SAFETY ETA Southampton 04 Dec. She will need to engage ludicrous mode to make it to Southampton on the 4th Dec.

The excitement surrounding S/X arriving in EU this quarter continue to gather pace.
I'm monitoring the likely ports for possible shipments. The figures being bandied around would suggest we are looking for 2 ships but there is still plenty of time, particularly if they are being shipped from the eastern seaboard. Certainly there does not appear to be any activity at Pier 80 at the moment which makes me suspect that they will be shipped from the east coast. As soon as I spot something likely I will put out a post about it. There are some ships on the way to Bremerhaven from the US east coast but I would hope that Tesla aren't using Bremerhaven as a hub. I know Tesla use B'haven to export MY and so they will be aware of the current issues there.

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress.

There won't be a daily report from me tomorrow (Friday) as I am attending an evening function. Hic!

Given my EDD is 23rd Nov - 9th Dec (and yep, I get its an estimate but its been pretty solid for a while) I thought I'd had some notification by now, and that I'm based in Southampton and multiple ships heading this way. I called Tesla today and they didn't give me any info other than it could be as short as 1 week between notifcation and collection..... No hidden VINs obvs
Yep… I order my car back in July and back then was told November / Decembe. They don’t give out VIN numbers and say just wait for a text to arrange delivery date and time. They are still saying November/December so I’m hoping its on a ship too

We got a collection date of 10th December at Manchester
This is for a M3 RWD
I am guessing it is going to dock at Southampton 4th December ?
Could it be GLOVIS SUMMIT ?
Just found our VIN.
LRW3F7FS6PC67****
I guess our car could be on GLOVIS SUMMIT ETA Southampton 14 Nov
or
GLOVIS SAFETY ETA Southampton 04 Dec

Last edited:
Wouldn’t the traffic in the suez straight require carrera to turn on her ais. She should be well on her way twards Djibouti now.
The seas around Djibouti are not considered 'safe' by anyone. If you read up on what Iranian militia get up to you will find that they have a 'forward base' on a ship anchored in the Red Sea off the Yemeni coast. I was surprised that HYPERION RAY switched her AIS back on as early as she did, as I didn't expect normal service to be resumed until she was off the Saudi coast.

Reactions: JWTheKING
Someone in Norway who also had his 2023 Y LR on GLOVIS SUPREME wrote that he got confirmation that his car was loaded on to HORIZON HIGHWAY who left Barcelona November 9, and going to Southampton before Zeebrugge November 18. I'm assuming that applies to my car as well. I was wondering why the EDD stayed at November 18 - December 3, I would have thought it didn't take that long to transport the cars from Barcelona to Norway. Apparently they have been sitting in Barcelona for a while.

Reactions: Hippy and Pseudo
The seas around Djibouti are not considered 'safe' by anyone. If you read up on what Iranian militia get up to you will find that they have a 'forward base' on a ship anchored in the Red Sea off the Yemeni coast. I was surprised that HYPERION RAY switched her AIS back on as early as she did, as I didn't expect normal service to be resumed until she was off the Saudi coast.
Thanks for the info!

Someone in Norway who also had his 2023 Y LR on GLOVIS SUPREME wrote that he got confirmation that his car was loaded on to HORIZON HIGHWAY who left Barcelona November 9, and going to Southampton before Zeebrugge November 18. I'm assuming that applies to my car as well. I was wondering why the EDD stayed at November 18 - December 3, I would have thought it didn't take that long to transport the cars from Barcelona to Norway. Apparently they have been sitting in Barcelona for a while.
Interesting! Finally some resolve to the "vanished" scandi cars!
18th november would fit with EDD 23 nov - 7 dec. for Denmark delivery for my Y LR.
So the cars have just waited in Barcelona for 2/3 weeks... weird. Must be a small number.

Status
Not open for further replies.