Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like many others my hidden VIN showed up over the weekend. EDD has firmed up to 2-17 December, any idea which ship it is likely to be (and is there a way to confirm)?

Thinking Glovis Safety or Morning Cello currently, but that’s just based on an early December ETA in Southampton.

Like many others my hidden VIN showed up over the weekend. EDD has firmed up to 2-17 December, any idea which ship it is likely to be (and is there a way to confirm)?

Thinking Glovis Safety or Morning Cello currently, but that’s just based on an early December ETA in Southampton.
I have an EDD exactly the same as yours, and I am assuming its on RCC Europe. My logic for that is that the boat is due in on the 24th, and I was told by a tesla rep on live chat that they would contact me to arrange delivery by the 24th at the latest - this is not conclusive proof but there seems to be a history of the date the boat arrives being used in EDDs etc before. Also, with so many cars arriving so quickly, I am assuming there will be some kind of ground handling holdup that will mean the cars do not get off the boat and to their delivery site in a day or so. I think its reasonable to expect it might take a week or two for cars to get to where they are going, as there are so many due in. They are all moved by road eight at a time, so this surely will take absolutely ages.

It also seems unlikely that the EDD would start before the boat is even scheduled to get in, again we have seen a few times that EDD windows often open on the day the boat is scheduled, so it seems unlikely that the EDD window would open before the boat is due, which is what makes me feel Glovis Safety or Morning Cello are probably not the ones.

I have heard that they sometimes allocate VINs when the boat gets to the suez and Europe got to the suez a few days ago and is currently sitting in some huge holding lake thing half way down it, so that would time up if that theory were correct

Either way, im assuming mine is on Europe, but no one knows for sure, and we probably never will know, and I can't really do anything with this information anyway. The important thing is a vin is allocated and that whole frustrating will it wont it thing from the last month or so is over.

Spoke to Tesla for the 2nd time about a different matter, however they've, for the second time, confirmed that my MY would arrive to Southampton on the night of 28 Nov (collecting it 29 Nov from Southampton). It's too late for RCC Europe, isn't it ? All other anticipated ships are arriving in December. Feels like there's one ship missing between RCC Europe and all the December ones.

Hi, does anyone know if any further ships (other than the ones that have already departed) are planned into the UK this year and/or in January 2023?

I believe Glovis Challenge was rumoured to arrive in the UK by 22nd Dec and Dong-A Glaucos rumoured to arrive in the UK by 3rd Jan? Anyone able to confirm this?

Got my hidden VIN on Friday with EDD of 2nd-17th Dec. Got the text through today saying they will be in contact soon to schedule my collection appointment and to make sure my pre-delivery tasks are completed within the next 7 days.
I sent the wire transfer today for the lease down payment (private leasing through Telsa themselves). Not sure how long it takes after emailing them proof to appear in my account that the payment has been made, but I will keep you all posted if this reveals my VIN or any other info. I know some of you are in the same situation :)

Interesting.
Hyperion Ray left Shanghai on October 25th in the evening, and Carrera left just about 15 hours later on October 26.
But it seems all the VIN's asigned are on the Carrera (at least that is my interpretation of all posts in various Fora through Europe) and Hyperion Ray is not mentioned anywhere but is in sailing ahead of Carrera and will not anchor in Singapore.
The Hyperion Ray has Barcelona as its final destination this time

Spoke to Tesla for the 2nd time about a different matter, however they've, for the second time, confirmed that my MY would arrive to Southampton on the night of 28 Nov (collecting it 29 Nov from Southampton). It's too late for RCC Europe, isn't it ? All other anticipated ships are arriving in December. Feels like there's one ship missing between RCC Europe and all the December ones.
Hoegh Trader? EDD end of November

Any idea where Glovis Summit might dock in Southampton yet?
She will dock in berth 102 in the Western Docks at 01:45 tomorrow morning.

Screenshot 2022-11-14 at 17.48.33.png

Is there any way to see what rolls off HORIZON HIGHWAY? She's docked in Southampton now. Should have picked up some Teslas from GLOVIS SUPREME in Barcelona.
No Teslas will be onboard HORIZON HIGHWAY. I don't know where this came from.
There are several good reasons for this but the most obvious indicator that it is correct is that she has not docked in Southampton's Western Docks.
The docks are physically separated and so the ship would have to reposition from the Eastern Docks to unload Teslas which she is not planning to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.