Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably there is a risk that the cause of the holding will, if not sorted soon, impact Morning Cello and Glovis Safety? Delaying them or delaying the unloading / onwards distribution.
No They are operated by different companies and should not be affected. It does totally screw up the planned logistics though.
I am hoping TOKYO CAR has not pulled over too. She is operated by the same company as CARRERA and RCC EUROPE.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scoopscat7
Given when my VIN landed, I assumed my car was RCC EUROPE. But as Tesla sent me the confirmed delivery date and reg on Monday, would the car be onshore already and making its ways to the Trafford Centre where it’s being delivered from?

Me too, getting a delivery to the Midlands on 6th. I presume it’s still bobbing about in the sea.
We have just had 1000 cars arrive on THEBEN and so yours could be in that shipment.

Reactions: SpectralCanyon
Summary: Wednesday 23 Nov

A quick reminder we still have 1 competition open at the moment: GLOVIS SAFETY It will close on Friday.

RCC EUROPE
ETA Southampton ?? She is currently pulled over in Lyme Bay.
CARRERA ETA Zeebrugge ?? She is currently pulled over off the Spanish coast near Marbella.

My concern is that if these ships don't resume their voyages today they may be holding until next Monday afternoon because of the Thanksgiving holidays in the US. Once the issue is resolved, CARRERA is in a position to resume her voyage straight away and so that is the one I will be watching. The good news for RCC EUROPE is that at this time of the year there are not many cruise ships operating out of the Western Docks and so getting a berth should be easier than it would be in the summer. If she does have to wait she will move to the Nab anchorage. At the moment she has a tentative booking for a berth tomorrow Friday afternoon and I hope she will be able to use it.
While I too do not know exactly and am looking for concrete facts that explain why the Carrera is not sailing on, I find the theory that there is an issue to be resolved between the shipping company and Tesla increasingly implausible.

The area where the Carrera is bobbing around now has several RoRo and container ships waiting for the Strait of Gibraltar. These RoRos are not Tesla-related. This combined with the my previously posted weather map about the swell seems a more logical theory to me. After all, container ships and RoRo's now have too much risk in a wave pool.

If there is more factual info on an issue to be mutually resolved that is holding up the ships I am open to a thought, for now there are too few leads for me on that theory.

For the RCC Europe, I don't know what's going on, I haven't really focused on that.

Like some here, have just got a text with not just my VIN confirmation but my number plate as well.
Find it interesting as the first collection I could schedule from Manchester was 14th December. I guess they must have a lot of ships docking in the next few weeks as we know, and they want more time.
I have seen videos of cars sat at Manchester Trafford Centre with no number plates yet so I thought they were assigned and had their number plates added at the delivery location but maybe things have changed.
At least I can buy car insurance now, woop

While I too do not know exactly and am looking for concrete facts that explain why the Carrera is not sailing on, I find the theory that there is an issue to be resolved between the shipping company and Tesla increasingly implausible.

The area where the Carrera is bobbing around now has several RoRo and container ships waiting for the Strait of Gibraltar. These RoRos are not Tesla-related. This combined with the my previously posted weather map about the swell seems a more logical theory to me. After all, container ships and RoRo's now have too much risk in a wave pool.

If there is more factual info on an issue to be mutually resolved that is holding up the ships I am open to a thought, for now there are too few leads for me on that theory.

For the RCC Europe, I don't know what's going on, I haven't really focused on that.
Im not too sure. There are plenty of cargo vessels that are on the move in the current weather...
1669287387063.png

Im not too sure. There are plenty of cargo vessels that are on the move in the current weather... View attachment 877799
I must admit, it is not a watertight conclusion. There are signs that somewhat substantiate my theory. As indicated, I am open to all theories, but a little factual substantiation does help with that. In the end, no matter how much we brainstorm theories here, it won't make those boats sail any faster.
Just want to share my thoughts.

Like some here, have just got a text with not just my VIN confirmation but my number plate as well.
Find it interesting as the first collection I could schedule from Manchester was 14th December. I guess they must have a lot of ships docking in the next few weeks as we know, and they want more time.
I have seen videos of cars sat at Manchester Trafford Centre with no number plates yet so I thought they were assigned and had their number plates added at the delivery location but maybe things have changed.
At least I can buy car insurance now, woop
Hi. Just wondered where you can view these videos of the cars at Trafford Centre please? Many thanks Stuart

It appears that initial VIN allocation for the 1st shipment has happened. Some of those allocations will not stick (customers can't pay in time) and Tesla recognise this and so there is a chance that you are high in the 'reserve' list (which Tesla deny exists).
The 1st shipment is on its way and will arrive in Zeebrugge on 02 Dec on HOEGH TRANSPORTER.
The 2nd shipment I think will arrive in Zeebrugge on 18 Dec on HOEGH TROVE.
Looking at https://www.hoeghautoliners.com/sai...ebrugge&fromDate=2022-11-30&toDate=2022-12-21 I can see it is due to depart on December 10th from Baltimore and arrive on Dec 21st in Zeebrugge.

Status
Not open for further replies.