Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HOEGH TRANSPORTER competition.
The results are in!

We didn't have a direct hit in this competition.
At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square D3 and within its Minor Square 14

The closest, and therefore the winning, entry was @glynogwen (D3 8) who was just 90 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)
In 2nd place was @franberg (E3 2) who was a mere 207 NM off target.
In 3rd place was @setreal (C3 9) who was 242 NM off target.

Congratulations to all, but there isn't so much as even a cuddly toy to win!

Some trivia for you:
The most popular Major Square was G2
The most popular Minor Square overall was 13
If you had chosen that combination, which 2 people did, you would have ended up 729 NM off target.

Oh no! Does this mean that there will be no more cars delivered from Shangai this year? I start to think that my car has not been on any of these vessels yet, so I think it is not very an bad assumption that I will get my car until 2023. Or maybe there is some hope to get VIN if those are allocated while vehicles are on seas? Let's see. Or is it too much hope, I think.

It's been pleasure to track ships with you guys. It is actually very entertaining.

Finally my MY Performance is now in the way. I have the VIN, the car is in the GRANDE HALIFAX confirmed by Tesla worker, and it will be delivery in Bristol next December 23th at first hour. So long from February booking, white with inside black and EAP. Last deliveries are last manufactured, so it should include upgrades that other of this trimester don't have.
Another mo0nth following the post :cool:

Summary: Thursday 24 Nov

A quick reminder that we still have 1 competition open at the moment: GLOVIS SAFETY It will close tomorrow!

RCC EUROPE
ETA Southampton ?? She is currently still loitering in Lyme Bay. She has a berth booked in the Western Docks for 23:30 on Friday night and her subsequent move to the Eastern Docks and her eventual departure to Bremerhaven on Monday afternoon are all scheduled. So there is hope. The first indication that things are going to plan should be her move into the anchorage off the Isle of Wight later tonight. Having said all that, her AIS is saying she will arrive in Southampton on Monday.
CARRERA ETA Zeebrugge 29 Nov She departed her holding area a couple of hours ago and is now in the North Atlantic heading for Zeebrugge. She should arrive there on Monday.

Note: both ships planning to dock on Monday.

HOEGH TRADER ETA Zeebrugge 30 Nov. Known to be carrying some Teslas.
MORNING CELLO ETA Southampton 04 Dec. Didn't stay long enough at Shanghai South to load much. VIN allocations suggest she is carrying some Teslas, but not many (700 at most) I suspect. She is now in the Med enroute to Tarragona, Spain with an ETA of 28 Nov - a day later than scheduled. This stop won't be Tesla related. I expect that she won't make it to Southampton on the 04 Dec now - my estimate is 06 Dec depending on how long she stops in Tarragona.
GLOVIS SAFETY ETA Southampton 04 Dec. She has successfully made up the lost time and is now on schedule!
Don't forget to enter the competition! Enter HERE 34 entries so far! I would normally expect over 100. It's free to enter. Entries after midday tomorrow won't be considered!
TOKYO CAR ETA Zeebrugge 12 Dec. Currently 'dark' see post #10115.
G POSEIDON ETA Zeebrugge ~10 Dec probably. She is a big ship (5000+ cars) and she is not hanging around.
GLOVIS SUN ETA Barcelona 10 Dec. Departed Shanghai South after only 24 hrs alongside, so probably only 3000 cars onboard, which seems a waste of such a large ship.
GRANDE HALIFAX Southampton ETA~15 Dec
DONG A GLAUCOS My guess is she is heading for Koper. ETA~11 or 12 Dec but she is in a hurry. She's making 20kts.
HOEGH SHANGHAI confirmed to have departed Taicang with Teslas onboard. ETA Le Havre 21 Dec and Zeebrugge 23 Dec.

COURAGEOUS ACE remains poised to head into Shanghai South although the latest WuWa video would suggest that the dockside has been cleared of Teslas.

MSC IMMACOLATA enroute from Pier 80 to Shanghai (29 Nov)

HOEGH TRANSPORTER ETA Zeebrugge 02 Dec. Confirmed to be transporting the 1st shipment of new Model S/X to EU.
HOEGH TROVE looks likely to take the 2nd S/X shipment. Note revised schedule Dep Baltimore 11 Dec arr Zeebrugge 22 Dec

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress.

Last edited:
HOEGH TRANSPORTER competition.
The results are in!

We didn't have a direct hit in this competition.
At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square D3 and within its Minor Square 14

The closest, and therefore the winning, entry was @glynogwen (D3 8) who was just 90 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)
In 2nd place was @franberg (E3 2) who was a mere 207 NM off target.
In 3rd place was @setreal (C3 9) who was 242 NM off target.

Congratulations to all, but there isn't so much as even a cuddly toy to win!

Some trivia for you:
The most popular Major Square was G2
The most popular Minor Square overall was 13
If you had chosen that combination, which 2 people did, you would have ended up 729 NM off target.
Happy days…. If only I could land the lottery numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.