Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry what does berth booking mean?
Ships can't just turn up at a port and expect to unload whenever they want - there's only limited space (berths) available and limited number of tugs and harbour pilots to assist them coming in - so they need to book ahead.

That booking will often get moved backwards due to various delays at the port, so a ship can either slow down and save fuel (to time their arrival) or arrive early and wait outside the harbour.

See Planned Movements - Southampton VTS - ABP Southampton for the latest arrival schedule at Southampton.

Reactions: Falcon22
So a little update with the scandinavion cars on Glovis Supreme from late october.
Just spoke with SA. Tesla Denmark are waiting for 5 cars which are still parked and waiting in Zeebrugge. Mine is one of them. Was assigned VIN in early october. Glovis Supreme arrived in Barcelona around 25 october if I remember correctly.
So it has taken Tesla 1 month to get the car from Barcelona to Zeebrugge and was informed that latest update from the logistics team is they expected it in Esbjerg 30 november.
From what I can find this fits with AUTO ACHIEVE (schedule says 1 december arrival though), which for some reason skipped Esbjerg this week and went directly to Goteborg.

Do I have to say that I am not impressed...

Reactions: arska63 and unk45
Sat on a cruise ship in Southampton and I am happy to report there are a LOT of Tesla’s here waiting to be distributed.

However, this might be the reason why RCC Europe can’t dock as there is no space at the moment for a full shipment to be delivered.
Yeh its not money related, big shipments have money sitting in escrow accounts and released upon delivery.

Did you manage to snap a pic?

Yeh its not money related, big shipments have money sitting in escrow accounts and released upon delivery.

Did you manage to snap a pic?
Yeah I’ve taken several, just struggling to upload…trying again now…
B667B1EE-4414-4340-B23C-042F9CF8719D.jpeg
55C2FC70-CA53-4E54-B63B-04705933D02D.jpeg
8E50510A-41E7-44C7-B1E0-5A257D916D49.jpeg
016A3CC0-B631-4C74-A7E6-C291FCB26D74.jpeg
1FCB3B18-ED82-4D8B-9722-D11022902866.jpeg

Sat on a cruise ship in Southampton and I am happy to report there are a LOT of Tesla’s here waiting to be distributed.

However, this might be the reason why RCC Europe can’t dock as there is no space at the moment for a full shipment to be delivered.
There is plenty of room left. The multi-storeys are not full and there is still plenty of space in the compounds.
It looks like the plan is for RCC EUROPE to dock this evening once MSC VIRTUOSA has departed.

Last edited:
Summary: Friday 25 Nov

RCC EUROPE ETA Southampton tonight? Hopefully she will dock in Southampton this evening once the cruise ship MSC VIRTUOSA departs.
UPDATE: Now delayed until 23:15

CARRERA ETA Zeebrugge 29 Nov Now in the North Atlantic heading for Zeebrugge. She should arrive there on Monday.

HOEGH TRADER ETA Zeebrugge 30 Nov. Known to be carrying some Teslas.
MORNING CELLO ETA Southampton 04 Dec. Didn't stay long enough at Shanghai South to load much. VIN allocations suggest she is carrying some Teslas, but not many (700 at most) I suspect. She is now in the Med enroute to Tarragona, Spain with an ETA of 28 Nov - a day later than scheduled. This stop won't be Tesla related. I expect that she won't make it to Southampton on the 04 Dec now - my estimate is 06 Dec depending on how long she stops in Tarragona.
GLOVIS SAFETY ETA Southampton 04 Dec. She should transit the Suez Canal tomorrow.
TOKYO CAR ETA Zeebrugge 12 Dec. Currently 'dark' see post #10115.
G POSEIDON ETA Zeebrugge ~10 Dec probably. She is a big ship (5000+ cars) and she is not hanging around.
GLOVIS SUN ETA Barcelona 10 Dec. Departed Shanghai South after only 24 hrs alongside, so probably only 3000 cars onboard, which seems a waste of such a large ship.
GRANDE HALIFAX Southampton ETA~15 Dec. Currently refuelling off Singapore
DONG A GLAUCOS Barcelona ETA 13 Dec. Currently refuelling off Singapore.
HOEGH SHANGHAI confirmed to have departed Taicang with Teslas onboard. ETA Le Havre 21 Dec and Zeebrugge 23 Dec.

COURAGEOUS ACE currently alongside Shanghai South.

MSC IMMACOLATA enroute from Pier 80 to Shanghai (29 Nov)

HOEGH TRANSPORTER ETA Zeebrugge 02 Dec. Confirmed to be transporting the 1st shipment of new Model S/X to EU. Running a little behind schedule at the moment.
HOEGH TROVE looks likely to take the 2nd S/X shipment. Note revised schedule Dep Baltimore 11 Dec arr Zeebrugge 22 Dec

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress.

Last edited:

RCC EUROPE ETA Southampton tonight? Hopefully she will dock in Southampton this evening once the cruise ship MSC VIRTUOSA departs.
CARRERA ETA Zeebrugge 29 Nov Now in the North Atlantic heading for Zeebrugge. She should arrive there on Monday.

MORNING CELLO ETA Southampton 04 Dec. Didn't stay long enough at Shanghai South to load much. VIN allocations suggest she is carrying some Teslas, but not many (700 at most) I suspect. She is now in the Med enroute to Tarragona, Spain with an ETA of 28 Nov - a day later than scheduled. This stop won't be Tesla related. I expect that she won't make it to Southampton on the 04 Dec now - my estimate is 06 Dec depending on how long she stops in Tarragona.
GLOVIS SAFETY ETA Southampton 04 Dec. She should transit the Suez Canal tomorrow.
G POSEIDON ETA Zeebrugge ~10 Dec probably. She is a big ship (5000+ cars) and she is not hanging around.
GLOVIS SUN ETA Barcelona 10 Dec. Departed Shanghai South after only 24 hrs alongside, so probably only 3000 cars onboard, which seems a waste of such a large ship.
HOEGH SHANGHAI confirmed to have departed Taicang with Teslas onboard. ETA Le Havre 21 Dec and Zeebrugge 23 Dec.

HOEGH TRANSPORTER ETA Zeebrugge 02 Dec. Confirmed to be transporting the 1st shipment of new Model S/X to EU. Running a little behind schedule at the moment.
HOEGH TROVE looks likely to take the 2nd S/X shipment. Note revised schedule Dep Baltimore 11 Dec arr Zeebrugge 22 Dec

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress.
Current ETA for HOEGH TRANSPORTER based on marinetraffic.com is between 3rd and 4th December. Are the vessels usually manage to keep the ETA or it is more normal to have delays?

Last edited:

Hoegh Transporter behind schedule meaning gonna arrive at 03/12? Or even worse?

Current ETA based on marinetraffic.com is between 3rd and 4th December. Are the vessels usually manage to keep the ETA or it is more normal to have delays?

Hoegh Transporter behind schedule meaning gonna arrive at 03/12? Or even worse?
HOEGH TRANSPORTER is averaging about 14kts when she should be averaging around 16kts. So at the moment she is behind schedule.
If she is able to speed up over the next few days she will make up for lost time.
At the moment however she has encountered some rough weather with waves of up to 10m high. The seas should subside for her tomorrow but I suspect that will only be a temporary respite as more heavy weather is on the way. It may end up with her sprinting up the English Channel next week when the seas are calmer. So she may end up arriving on 03 Dec but there is still a chance that she can make up for lost time and arrive on schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.