Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seams like Auto Achieve will be the ship that carries Carreras cars to Denmark and Sweden.
Eta Esbjerg 3/12 and Gothenburg 4/12.
Currently docked at Zeebrugge.

Also KESS has a weekly stop in from Zeebrugge -> Malmö - Hanko (FIN), so not impossible thy also carry Teslas for Swe as well. Mine is on Danube Highway coming to Hanko this night. Left Malmö yesterday. Last week was Elbe Higway.

There’s another KESS line to Södertälje for Stockholm region deliveries. http://www.kess.kline.de/data/files/105/HHSchedule.pdf

So… Are there three lines to Swe, two or only one? Only one is unlikely considering the larger market.

@Mr Miserable Why are you dubious about the Morning Cello carrying Teslas?
A couple of things but the most telling is that at the moment she is not unloading in Southampton's Western Docks. Unless she does that, then no Telsas.

Update: She is now booked to dock at 104 which is good news. I still don't think there will be many Teslas onboard though.

Last edited:
Reactions: M3UK
GLOVIS SAFETY competition.

The results are in!

We have a BULLSEYE!

At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square O3 and within its Minor Square 17

The marksman who achieved this amazing feat is @Sammyb1995 (O3 17) who was just 12 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)
In 2nd place was @Chocochip (O3 16) who was a mere 39 NM off target.
In 3rd place was @Unavailable993 (O3 18) who was 58 NM off target.

Congratulations to all, but there isn't so much as even a cuddly toy to win!

Some trivia for you:
The most popular Major Square was N2
The most popular Minor Square overall was 12
If you had chosen that combination, which nobody did, you would have ended up 417 NM off target.

So did mine last week, it's simply an update based on the cars arriving to Zeeebrugge on the 2nd (or maybe 3rd) of Dec.
Seems that hoegh transporter arrive in zeebrugge 4th december and first batch of mxp and msp is at end customer maybe a week later.. even when i don't still have vin, i hope my mxp is on that ship and it arrive here in Finland as xmas present.. and with big second row screen and matrixs

6700 cars according to a Maritime website.
Here's an interesting fact.
The vehicle carrying capacity of a RoRo is measured in units (RT or RT43 units) and each unit is based on the dimensions of a 1966 Toyota Corona.
It will come as no surprise that a 2022 Tesla is much larger than that, which explains why a ship with supposed capacity of 6500 cars is only transporting 3500 cars and yet is full.
Another fact, is you may notice that most RoRos are 200m long and 32m wide and this was so the ship could fit into the locks of the Panama Canal.
The canal has some new locks now and so longer and much wider ships can now use the canal. Accordingly we are seeing larger RoRo's being built eg GLOVIS SUN which is 35m wide. That extra 3m width (and height) accounts for an extra 500 Teslas!

Here's an interesting fact.
The vehicle carrying capacity of a RoRo is measured in units (RT or RT43 units) and each unit is based on the dimensions of a 1966 Toyota Corona.
It will come as no surprise that a 2022 Tesla is much larger than that, which explains why a ship with supposed capacity of 6500 cars is only transporting 3500 cars and yet is full.
Another fact, is you may notice that most RoRos are 200m long and 32m wide and this was so the ship could fit into the locks of the Panama Canal.
The canal has some new locks now and so longer and much wider ships can now use the canal. Accordingly we are seeing larger RoRo's being built eg GLOVIS SUN which is 35m wide. That extra 3m width (and height) accounts for an extra 500 Teslas!
Great facts.....and much appreciated mr M........you really do need to get out more 🙃

A couple of things but the most telling is that at the moment she is not unloading in Southampton's Western Docks. Unless she does that, then no Telsas.

Update: She is now booked to dock at 104 which is good news. I still don't think there will be many Teslas onboard though.
I am beginning to think it may only have 3. @M3UK @Danzr and mine. :)

I am beginning to think it may only have 3. @M3UK @Danzr and mine. :)
Maybe we should arrange a podium style celebration when we collect them! In relation to shipping and VIN allocation I think if our vehicles were on Safety and not Cello that would mean I received my hidden VIN while Safety was being loaded at China or earlier whereas at the time Cello was almost at SG for refuelling so I still think mine is on Cello.

Reactions: M3UK and Jon_UK
Status
Not open for further replies.