Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.6.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Onward christian soldier 👌
Screenshot_20230330_224314_Tesla.jpg

Reactions: Pandinium
Oh my god the bongs and gongs are sooooo annoying in traffic every time you and pull away it has a hissy fit and says STOP with some crazy wiggly lines ans beeps. Hopefully that’s sorted in a new patch
Yep. really annoying too. Should get fixed in a future update I hope.

I like the update, needs work of course.

Onward christian soldier 👌View attachment 923209
Gonna sound like a stupid question... But I cant for the life of me figure out why I cant get 5 shortcut icons? My iPhone app only allows me 4?

Daft question/observation…

I used auto steer earlier on a dual carriageway, it went to single track then back to dual… the left lane was clear but the car chose to sit in the right lane? Tried it twice and it went right both times ? Shouldn’t it go left in the Uk?

Grab another icon and drag it to the far side of the upper bar, it does take a few goes to make it stick, with my fat fingers i nearly gave up but got there in the end
Just to elaborate on this - unless it’s changed, you need to do this with two fingers. One finger to drag the new icon and the other to drag the row of existing icons to make room.

That’s how I remember having to do it anyway, don’t know if you can natively add 5 icons now.

Daft question/observation…

I used auto steer earlier on a dual carriageway, it went to single track then back to dual… the left lane was clear but the car chose to sit in the right lane? Tried it twice and it went right both times ? Shouldn’t it go left in the Uk?
Auto steer just tries to follow the lane you’re in. If there are any changes or decisions to be made then that’s up to the driver. Be prepared for anything but if left to its own devices I find that it will tend to follow the lines that seem the nearest to a continuation of the original path. Auto steer isn’t FSD (and let’s be honest even FSD isn’t FSD)!

Reactions: Ozboz7
When a lane splits the car has to make a decision as it's 50/50 and 'follow the nearest' isn't an option. In that case it tends to go right. I just switch AP off in 'complex' situations like that.

The more fun one is when it indicates left when entering a motorway (might have been fixed, I haven't engaged AP near a motorway junction in months, partly due to that bug).

Reactions: Sir Surfalot