Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder why USS cars didn't get the new parking assist with this update? We have the same camera placements as newer 3's and Y's, so I wonder what is keeping our USS cars from using it? 🤔
Possibly to prevent the comparison between the two, in which I suspect the USS is superior, at least for now.

I would have an issue with USS being disabled personally.

I paid 20k more than everyone else, let me keep something...

Update loaded today, the new parking features are pretty exciting.

I am having a problem with Tidal though.

Ever since the update and even after a manual reboot of the system Tidal seems to be somewhat broken. Tapping the "My Collection" tab results in just spinning and nothing ever loads. Also, multiple times getting into the car Tidal simply won't play, the playlists load, I can select a track but it just sits there trying to play and no joy.

Anyone else having problems with Tidal on the new release?

My non-FSD 23 MY is now installing 2023.44.30.2. Curious that it did not get .4, but there's a big push on .2 this afternoon. Obviously .4 is not just a bug fix from .2, so curious why Tesla is fracturing the production branch?

My FSD 21 M3LR is still waiting for the holiday update. This car is on the development branch with 2023.27.12. No car on this software has installed 2023.44.30.4, according to Teslafi, but a few have gotten .2. Once again, there's no obvious reason.

So, still waiting for the development branch to be upgraded in large numbers. But, to what? Is there a .5 with a newer version of FSDb coming? No way we're being held back for V12. Or, are we...?

I tried out the new features on my non-FSD MY (2023.44.30.2). Park Assist was OK. Need to play with it some more, but I still find the backup camera more useful.

I saw no difference in AP wheel nags. It took the same amount of torque to satisfy the nag. Nags seemed to be similar intervals. There was no indication of the cabin camera used. I could look at the car display for an extended period with no pay attention warning. I could even block the camera with my visor or put my thumb over it with no complaints. This surprised me. Perhaps the cabin camera is only used on FSD cars? I tested at night, though the car does have IF illuminators in the cabin. I need to test this in daylight.

I programed a route in the nav system but saw no stop signs or traffic lights at the intersections along the route. I do have online routing enabled and premium connectivity, so don't know what gives there. Most of the trip was on a US highway near Dallas, with no new traffic controls, so, don't know what gives there. Maybe the database isn't very well populated? More testing required.

Reactions: zoomer0056
It's raining, and I don't get the car wet unless I have too.

However, these items worked when parked:

Lock sounds
Traffic lights and stop sign display
Gaming in the rear seat (Finally!)

No issues with TuneIn.

I have USS, so no visualization for me.

While driving to Santa Barbara today in heavy rain, I discovered that my rain sensing wipers no longer work. They are strictly manual wipers now. I put in a service request to Tesla Santa Barbara and they replied that Version 2023.27.7 on my 2019 Model S and 2018 Model 3 LR has a bug that broke the rain sensing system. The only fix is a firmware update. I'm hoping that the "Christmas" update includes the needed fix. Anyone have thoughts on this?

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
While driving to Santa Barbara today in heavy rain, I discovered that my rain sensing wipers no longer work. They are strictly manual wipers now. I put in a service request to Tesla Santa Barbara and they replied that Version 2023.27.7 on my 2019 Model S and 2018 Model 3 LR has a bug that broke the rain sensing system. The only fix is a firmware update. I'm hoping that the "Christmas" update includes the needed fix. Anyone have thoughts on this?
My auto wipers completely stopped working not long ago and was told the same thing. They do work fine in manual mode but not a peep in auto mode. My 2022 MS is also on 2023.27.7

I saw no difference in AP wheel nags. It took the same amount of torque to satisfy the nag. Nags seemed to be similar intervals. There was no indication of the cabin camera used. I could look at the car display for an extended period with no pay attention warning. I could even block the camera with my visor or put my thumb over it with no complaints. This surprised me. Perhaps the cabin camera is only used on FSD cars?
I haven't tried yet with the cabin camera uncovered so I'm not sure if it will be different, but with the camera covered on an EAP (so, non-FSD) Model 3, the wheel nag is horrible. I can barely go 10 seconds before it gives one of the beeping red alerts just before it force disconnects.

If this is how it's going to be from now on then AP is borderline unusable for me. I can be looking through the windscreen with both hands on the wheel and it will still be beeping at me multiple times every minute telling me to adjust the wheel. I know that it's based on whether or not you're applying torque to the wheel, not whether you're holding it, but it sucks being treated like this by the car when I'm doing everything that a safe driver should be.

I haven't tried yet with the cabin camera uncovered so I'm not sure if it will be different, but with the camera covered on an EAP (so, non-FSD) Model 3, the wheel nag is horrible. I can barely go 10 seconds before it gives one of the beeping red alerts just before it force disconnects.
They implemented nags quite some time ago if the camera is covered. Remove the cover or get used to the nags.

If this is how it's going to be from now on then AP is borderline unusable for me. I can be looking through the windscreen with both hands on the wheel and it will still be beeping at me multiple times every minute telling me to adjust the wheel. I know that it's based on whether or not you're applying torque to the wheel, not whether you're holding it, but it sucks being treated like this by the car when I'm doing everything that a safe driver should be.
It's probably buried in the release notes, but to get Auto Pilot to have reduced nags, you just need an Otto Pilot to fool the Camera...

😂

The thing is that if you have both hands on the wheel, the torque applied to the wheel by gravity on one arm would offset the torque applied by gravity on the other arm. Simple physics.