Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 LR and Y have the exact same suspension?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, So I googled and have been reading these forums for hours.

I understand the LR and Y now both come with the updated "comfort" suspension. My question is, is this now the exact same suspension?

same part numbers and everything? Or are they both improved, but the Y is still firmer/sportier ?

There are only two models available currently, Model Y Long Range and Model Y Performance. Are these the models you are discussing?

4CFB1DFB-067C-4884-8D76-360F23D64DA4.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: baguette and IdaX
Yes, I meant "long range" and "performance" versions ..

My understanding is sometime around October 2022 they starting shipping them with "comfort" suspension. I can't find any information if they are the exact same suspension, or if the Performance is still 1" lower, and firmer . ..

The performance has a slightly lowered suspension. They have different part numbers for the dampers. This new "comfort suspension" is just a later revision of the same damper assembly as far as I understand it.

I haven't driven a P with the newer part number but I can say this. If your looking for the most comfortable ride get the LR and if you want more accelleration get the boost for $2,000. It's gets pretty close to the P.

The P sits slower and with a suspension tuned for better handling you will get more harshness and noise transmitted in.

Reactions: jboy210 and vet757
Well, my LR that I ordered a few weeks ago has been "locked in" .. . so no changing it now.. Guess I'm getting the LR .

I drove a 2021 Performance and absolutely hated it. Drove a 2023 LR and loved it ... I will get the AB for $2,000 later if I really feel I need more power ..

Maybe it will go on sale someday

There are only two models available currently, Model Y Long Range and Model Y Performance. Are these the models you are discussing?

View attachment 922303
While it's true these two ("LR" and "P") are the only ones you can order from Tesla's website for now... there is a 3rd variant of the Model Y available if you find it in inventory. It's the standard range "Model Y All-Wheel Drive" as listed in inventory. Personally, I'd rather call it MYSRAWD, than MYAWD.

Well, my LR that I ordered a few weeks ago has been "locked in" .. . so no changing it now.. Guess I'm getting the LR .

I drove a 2021 Performance and absolutely hated it. Drove a 2023 LR and loved it ... I will get the AB for $2,000 later if I really feel I need more power ..

Maybe it will go on sale someday
If the AB does go on sale, and it is significantly less than $2k, I hope that I notice when it happens so I can take advantage of that deal.

From a post prior I recall people said it's not the same part but ride in the MYP is much improved with the new revised suspension. I drove a 2021 MYP and my 2023 MYLR and found my car to be substantially softer and more comfortable. Changing out the springs can easily achieve the lower ride height of the MYP or just get aftermarket coilovers.

I bought 2023 myp. Huge difference in ride quality compared to my 2021 mylr. I'm so glad I went with the myp since it's only 2k difference when compared to the mylr with boost. I put 18" martian wheels and tires on both cars and I think the myp is actually more efficient. I will be able to confirm once I go through a winter season.