Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Mod Y 3000 miles Creaking noise when turning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This just started yesterday. When turning left a loud creaking noise is coming from under the front end. It only does it when turning left, and it doesn't do it when stationary. It feels like something is loose. I submitted a service request and Tesla said it will be $160, and I am suppose to authorize that now. Seriously? Is there something in the fine print that I missed saying that nothing is warranteed?

This just started yesterday. When turning left a loud creaking noise is coming from under the front end. It only does it when turning left, and it doesn't do it when stationary. It feels like something is loose. I submitted a service request and Tesla said it will be $160, and I am suppose to authorize that now. Seriously? Is there something in the fine print that I missed saying that nothing is warranteed?
Most of my repairs under warranty were given an estimate, which was later knocked down to zero. I’m not sure of the policy, but I’ve never had to pay for a repair under warranty despite receiving an estimated cost.

You need to authorize to move on.
They will not charge you if the damage was not caused by you.
It's a standard procedure like you pay deposit when checking in a hotel or renting a car.

I had to submit a request for a damaged driver side door panel. Looks like someone didn't properly gauge the depth of the box cutter and sliced the panel a bit. I reported this on delivery day after I had arrived home and saw it. To my surprise it showed zero from the get-go but like you I was concerned a charge would be applied first so I called customer service and was informed pretty much the same thing as those who have posted here.

All of my repairs which were done under warranty had such an estimate. Later tesla removed the estimate. I recall My Chevy dealer doing this when I had a new Volt. Perhaps this is procedure for cars. Makes sense, because then no one can claim they were never given an estimate in the event the issue is not covered by warranty...example damage due to negligence.