Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Custom Order Wait Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR Red/black and all other options standard.
OD: 1/19 PM
EDD: Jan-Mar
EDD1: 3/6-3/31
VIN Update: 2/26
Vin Received: 3/2
Picked up Smithtown, NY 3/17

Austin build

Surprised with Matrix headlights!

Good luck to everyone else waiting! Hoping the posting gets others a better idea of timing.
Can you post a photo of your headlights? You would be the first Austin build with Matrix so that would be cool to know that they are starting shipping with Matrix now. There have been three other reports in the past and in the end all of them were mistaken and actually had the Premium headlights.

Thanks, i see many 7 seaters nearby. Found 1 config as mine except exterior color is gray and interior is white, and 20 inch.. i could have taken it but price is $6000 more than mine. Will wait..

Today i received new EDD: Apr 7th to May 5. Can't wait that long.. will start looking for alternatives.

MYLR 7 | white | black | Tow | 19" |
Ordered 1/15/23
4th EDD Apr 7th to May 5th
3rd EDD: 17th March to 31st March..
2nd EDD:Feb 25th to Mar 31st
1st EDD: Feb to March

Chicago suburbs

Today i received new EDD: Apr 7th to May 5. Can't wait that long.. will start looking for alternatives.

Ordered 1/15/23

Chicago suburbs
Im near Chicago burbs too. Im shock to see the you are still waiting since Jan 15. Hopefully you get yours sooner and that I dont have to wait for my MYP that long. Ordered at 3/2.

Reactions: MyFirstEV_
Can you post a photo of your headlights? You would be the first Austin build with Matrix so that would be cool to know that they are starting shipping with Matrix now. There have been three other reports in the past and in the end all of them were mistaken and actually had the Premium headlights.

Attachments

• IMG_1545.jpg
    IMG_1545.jpg
    647.3 KB · Views: 159

Ordered 1/15/23

Chicago suburbs
I got the same update on my 1/17 order. Same config as yours minus the tow. I gave up and looked at what they had available and found the same build with the 20” wheels. Good luck!

The rep at Tesla had said that they were the matrix headlights and was surprised himself. Would there be something in software that would show either way?
The only other way to confirm is to run the Lightshow. Matrix will spell out TESLA at the end of the show.
But those aren't matrix lights as the matrix lights have an outer circular bulb and less reflectors.

In this photo, matrix on the left (Red car) with the circular bulb and less reflectors and non-matrix on the right car with reflectors across the entire light.

New-vs-old-Tesla-Model-3-headlights-scaled.jpg

Lurker since the price drop in January 2023...

MYLR5 | MSM | black | everything else standard
Ordered 1/22, Bay Area
2nd EDD: Feb 23 to Mar 23
3rd EDD: Mar 8 to Mar 28
4th EDD: Mar 15 to Mar 31

Received VIN (PF714xxx) around 6PM yesterday (Mar 19) fresh off the assemble line - SA later confirmed that the vehicle literally completed assembly 2PM yesterday. I was expecting a call from SA this morning but instead was arbitrarily assigned a delivery time at noon this Thursday when I will be on a flight, so I called Tesla to reschedule, and at first SA was completely unaccommodating ("well, we can try to schedule for the weekend, but there's a chance we will just reassign the VIN number and you'll be on the waitlist again" :mad:), so I was seriously considering giving up and going with a used Model 3 to also save some $$.

After multiple calls, I managed to convince another SA to let me do a pre-inspection today - a bit complicated but basically I locked in a low interest rate loan from a credit union in late January and they only do direct transfers to Tesla but I wanted to do a pre-inspection before authorizing the wire transfer. I made a quick trip to Fremont this afternoon and was reminded why I put up with the frustrating service at times - QC is good and now I am going to accept delivery on Saturday.

Whew, so I hope the wait is finally over, and best of luck to the rest of you all!

P.S. For those who care, my Fremont Model Y has an "E" in the 8th digit of the VIN and has the 980 rear motor - I will share the photo in the other thread.

Lurker since the price drop in January 2023...

MYLR5 | MSM | black | everything else standard
Ordered 1/22, Bay Area
2nd EDD: Feb 23 to Mar 23
3rd EDD: Mar 8 to Mar 28
4th EDD: Mar 15 to Mar 31

Received VIN (PF714xxx) around 6PM yesterday (Mar 19) fresh off the assemble line - SA later confirmed that the vehicle literally completed assembly 2PM yesterday. I was expecting a call from SA this morning but instead was arbitrarily assigned a delivery time at noon this Thursday when I will be on a flight, so I called Tesla to reschedule, and at first SA was completely unaccommodating ("well, we can try to schedule for the weekend, but there's a chance we will just reassign the VIN number and you'll be on the waitlist again" :mad:), so I was seriously considering giving up and going with a used Model 3 to also save some $$.

After multiple calls, I managed to convince another SA to let me do a pre-inspection today - a bit complicated but basically I locked in a low interest rate loan from a credit union in late January and they only do direct transfers to Tesla but I wanted to do a pre-inspection before authorizing the wire transfer. I made a quick trip to Fremont this afternoon and was reminded why I put up with the frustrating service at times - QC is good and now I am going to accept delivery on Saturday.

Whew, so I hope the wait is finally over, and best of luck to the rest of you all!

P.S. For those who care, my Fremont Model Y has an "E" in the 8th digit of the VIN and has the 980 rear motor - I will share the photo in the other thread.
So if you dont pick up the car they will reassign the vin to another person? Thats lame. Cant they hold it at a closest Tesla dealer for you until you are ready for delivery?