Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Custom Order Wait Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made a move.
I placed my order march 2nd. Im sick of waiting lol
I checked inventory. Found a car to my liking.
MYP black with white interior. Called and switched.
Picking up the car tomorrow.

So I followed an advice from someone in this post. Check the inventory in the website. I kept checking twice a day until I found a car to my liking. Found one. Called the place and the staff was kind enough to help me change the process. It was quick and easy.
I did this at first but I was still too slow. The easiest thing I did for follow waiting for Tesla on Twitter and turn on alerts. I’ll be honest, you will get overwhelmed with alerts. But when one popped up that I liked, I jumped on it to switch. It was at 3am.

Reactions: RashEVill
I have to wonder if all the orders whose pickup location is near the factories are getting priorities before e/quarter. While everyone else that requires shipping their car further is getting bumped to April.

MYLR Pearl White / Black Interior 19”
OD: 1/21
EDD1: Feb-Mar
EDD2: 3/12 - 3/31
EDD3: 3/06 - 3/31
EDD4: 3/28 - 3/31
No VIN

We changed our delivery from direct to express delivery at the service center that it's first arriving to in the region. After speaking with our Ownership Loyalty Advisor, they mentioned that they now see the VIN assignment on his end to be near the final week of March. The Ownership Loyalty team has been amazing at Tesla especially as this will be our 4th Tesla now and completing the S3XY lineup.
Finally got a VIN on 03/25 evening! Austin Build and same finance terms. Set up for express delivery!

Reactions: hp1234 and thetuk
Picked up my car yesterday. I got a hairline crack on my glass roof.

Attachments

• A10C3BA1-3710-463D-9034-A2B89159C830.jpeg
    A10C3BA1-3710-463D-9034-A2B89159C830.jpeg
    600.2 KB · Views: 132
Idaho
MYLR 5 seat, white w/ black interior, 19" wheels, tow hitch
01/20 - Ordered
01/20 - EDD1 January - March
02/14 - EDD2 March 5 - March 31
03/04 - EDD3 April 15 - May 20
03/22 - EDD4 April 8 - May 6

Tesla is definitely in a quarter-end push. Just got the first text from my rep about an available inventory MY even though similar vehicles have been available many times in the past several months. I have no interest in a 7-seater with fancy wheels.

Even if you roadtrip with this car vs. long range, it's not much difference, compare them on ABRP, 1,304 mile trip from Long Beach, CA to Vancouver B.C. is only 3 hours and 2 minutes of charging vs. 2 hours and 15 min.
There are parts of Oregon, eg, crater lake, that we can’t visit w/ my mid M3, which is supposed to be 263 range but now is 224 actual. My wife just drove for spring break from PDX to Fresno CA and it was a lot of stops. Just hoping we don’t see that type of degradation and they add more Superchargers to the current dead zones.

Reactions: GreenCoffee