Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y no USS discussion, incl. Discussion of Tesla Vision Firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Assuming these sentences are connected and you're talking about the rear view camera, why do you need to guess? It projects two white lines on to the image.
View attachment 885369
Line the end of those closest to the bottom of the picture up with an object in the real world. Exit your vehicle and observe how close said object is to back of car (assuming it's the same as my Y it'll be basically the perfect safe distance for an obstacle to be behind the vehicle). Return to car enlightened and able to reverse with confidence.
I think generally people are looking for distance to the front/side of the car as well when they park. Thankfully it’s still available in entry level cars from 5 years ago.

Can anyone share how the parking experience is in a non-USS Tesla Model Y vs. say a regular SUV with a backup camera? Just how bad is the experience? I'm taking delivery soon and coming from an old BMW sedan although I've driven rental SUVs in the past. Some might have had USS sensors while others just have a video to see how far you can push it.
The camera is working but no measurements and no audible noise. Also nighttime backing up is tough is your parking in a tight spot… honestly it’s not great. 👎🏽

Reactions: Falcon73 and Ts91
Assuming these sentences are connected and you're talking about the rear view camera, why do you need to guess? It projects two white lines on to the image.
View attachment 885369
Line the end of those closest to the bottom of the picture up with an object in the real world. Exit your vehicle and observe how close said object is to back of car (assuming it's the same as my Y it'll be basically the perfect safe distance for an obstacle to be behind the vehicle). Return to car enlightened and able to reverse with confidence.
Yes there are those but nothing audible and apparently previous generations had measurements and sound. IE… nothing in front or rear telling you when to stop

Reactions: Falcon73
I just got my Model Y a few days ago and I really miss sensors for parking in tight parking spaces and in my narrow garage. I am also not getting any blind spot monitoring chime or alert.

I know that Tesla states these functions coming soon for the parking assist but is anyone else having trouble with blind spot alerts?

I hope Tesla Model Y and 3 owners without USS get OTA soon for the Tesla vision to enable these functions soon.

Please let me know if anyone has these same problems with blind spot alerts

I just got my Model Y a few days ago and I really miss sensors for parking in tight parking spaces and in my narrow garage. I am also not getting any blind spot monitoring chime or alert.

I know that Tesla states these functions coming soon for the parking assist but is anyone else having trouble with blind spot alerts?

I hope Tesla Model Y and 3 owners without USS get OTA soon for the Tesla vision to enable these functions soon.

Please let me know if anyone has these same problems with blind spot alerts
The chime you only hear if you are trying to change lanes AND a car is in your blind spot. If you don't make an intention to change lanes, you won't hear the chime. If you want to know how it works, try steering close to the other lane when there is a car.
I took delivery of my model Y two weeks back and also miss the parking sensors.

I took delivery of my 2023 MY 05 December. Any idea yet when the new software it to be released that supports the all vision depth sensing?

I am sure that a lot of testing had to be done prior to the USS removal decision. Hard to understand and disappointing why Tesla removed the hardware when the software was not ready to release.

I don’t think the current cameras can see over the front bumper? Not sure how Vision could do better than a human driver.

The Model 3 refresh rumors indicate there will be cameras in the headlights, which might help a lot.

The USS provided one of the “wow factors” (alongside acceleration, glass roof and heated rear seats) when I test drove an MY 2 years ago. Very good implementation & display. Sad to see it leave now that the car is at a $70,000 price point.

I admit I miss the sensors. But every day a bit less to be honest. You get used to it as you used to do many years back when you started driving...

I understand that people are disappointed by the fact that you get "less" then what you ordered.(I have the new suspension so can you call it less??)

I was disappointed as well that the software to replace the sensors wasn't ready yet. Especially for the price of a Tesla but what are the options? Cancel your order or enjoy the drive of your new car. I did the latter and I don't regret it. It is a very nice car and I will not go back to an ICE again. While enjoying the rides I am patiently waiting for Tesla to come with an update.

The chime you only hear if you are trying to change lanes AND a car is in your blind spot. If you don't make an intention to change lanes, you won't hear the chime. If you want to know how it works, try steering close to the other lane when there is a car.
I took delivery of my model Y two weeks back and also miss the parking
“No more USS, but bumper repairs are much cheaper now.”

Problem solved!
So you think it’s cheaper to repair a bumper than have a warning signal so you don’t hit anything???? 🤯sorry no

I just picked up model Y 2023. I realize that USS would be 3 circles on the bumper. What is this single circle on mine? Anyone know?

D00678BB-4412-4359-A069-66BFB4BB0983.jpeg