Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory PPF(Paint Protection Film) on 2023 Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I got 2023 Model Y delivered on Nov29, and am considering PPF(Paint protection film) installation.

But, when I look at it closely, something is on front bumper, and rear bumper.

Only on front bumper and rear bumper. Do you know if these are PPF(Factory installed)? Will it be Ok to attach additional PPF on this film-like thing?

Thanks
CK

teslaYBumper2023Small.JPG

Attachments

• teslaYBumper2023.jpg
    teslaYBumper2023.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 331
Given that you are in San Diego (not in cold climate area) I doubt you get free PPF. Maybe it's something extra that your specific service center is doing? I would check with your SA and see what was installed. Normally, you won't get any front or rear bumper ppf installed. Even the ones they install for free for cold weather areas are just on the rear passenger fenders.

This is what they install for free for some regional buyers:

Upvote 0
Hello,

I got 2023 Model Y delivered on Nov29, and am considering PPF(Paint protection film) installation.

Only on front bumper and rear bumper. Do you know if these are PPF(Factory installed)? Will it be Ok to attach additional PPF on this film-like thing?

Thanks
CK

View attachment 887627
That is PPF. To do a proper job they will take those little pieces off. Piece-o-cake . Try doing it yourself. I've never done it until I did my car: DIY PPF on 2022 Blue Model S

Upvote 0
Hello,

Thanks
CK

View attachment 887627
Those are mold lines. They should have been painted over so you don't see the black. Check few other white ones and you'll see(we ppf many white model y and rarely see the mold lines black). Nobody is getting any free ppf on the bumpers because they're the hardest part to PPF lol

• Helpful
Reactions: zoomer0056
Upvote 0