Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y RWD vin assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok What in the heck in going on... Had VIN, had agreement, now Tesla removed VIN and agreement "changed" as I had an inventory discount.
This happen to anyone else today?
That's strange. I ordered RWD on Oct 15th, and today , I got a notice to schedule an appointment on November 17th for delivery. So I should have mine this Friday.

I'll report back once I get it. north Jersey here.

Reactions: DanDi58
That's strange. I ordered RWD on Oct 15th, and today , I got a notice to schedule an appointment on November 17th for delivery. So I should have mine this Friday.

I'll report back once I get it. north Jersey here.
Thanks... Yeah I just had to talk to about 10 ppl and get a new VIN assigned. All sorted now but I know I am not the only one this happened to now. I'm just hoping for a delivery this year otherwise I will cancel the vehicle. Need the tax credit...

Ok What in the heck in going on... Had VIN, had agreement, now Tesla removed VIN and agreement "changed" as I had an inventory discount.
This happen to anyone else today?
Had the exact thing happen to me around 2PM EST. I had the VIN + EDD and all of a sudden got an email from Tesla about a new agreement. I had to drive to the dealership and talk to someone for 2 hours before I got a new VIN assigned and new EDD. I refused to leave before I knew I would be getting it for the same price. I too had an inventory discount. For what it's worth they told me the VIN I was assigned was not being built anymore and therefore I was unmatched. Take that as you will.

So I reserved a RWD from Inventory that was 'coming soon' - This included a VIN but the car has yet to be built. It will be built in Fremont.
I did test drive one so I know they exist... but has anyone heard if deliveries have started to roll out? Seems very quiet...
Couple people on Reddit who live in NJ are taking delivery this Friday. As far as I know they are the first ones I've seen taking RWD delivery.

I've ordered mine, 10/23, registered. The Tesla app estimates Oct/Nov. Chatting with the sales guy at the Fremont sales center, I said that I'd read the MY RWD for Canada was made in Shanghai. He said, yes, but for the US market it will be made here. He wasn't sure whether that meant Austin or Fremont.

My guess is that since they've added the RWD to the US configurator that they'll be building them and the fact that he didn't know where (and he seemed pretty clued in) meant it hasn't happened yet and it won't be Shanghai.

So I feel like this will happen before Jan 1 which is important to me for FSC transfer and tax reasons

I ordered mine on 10/13 - registered, no trade-in, financing completed, I haven't heard anything as of yet. I was in a car accident and totaled my IOINQ 5 on 10/7 so I'm really hoping this doesn't take too long. I hope this RWD isn't just a "once in a while" production thing.
Hope they assigned you a VIN / taken delivery. I ordered on 11/02. No assignment yet, I’m worried abt Jan 1. If it’s not going happen, I’m thinking if I upgrade to long range.

I'm upgrading to LR anyways. I really wanted LFP and the RWD in the US isn't getting that. So it's LR for me.
I don't know that we know that for sure. The MY RWD is limited to 170 kW max charging, which is typically the max rate for the LFP batteries.

Will be interesting to see whether some of those picking up this week can 'confirm' LFP with Tesla.... Perhaps with ability to charge to 100% more frequently.

Will be interesting to see whether some of those picking up this week can 'confirm' LFP with Tesla.... Perhaps with ability to charge to 100% more frequently.
I’m certainly hoping this but the one I test drove was not LFP and the SA confirmed they weren’t LFP. Still hoping (if my vehicle ever gets here) that they will have switched to LFP at the last minute to fulfill orders…

Such a weird back and forth…
I posted the question in the app but of course got the RWD has NCA batteries like the Long Range AWD …
Sure sounds like there is a lot of hazy info on this model y. Really wish that they would just state it all specific terms but the ethos of the company I’m discovering doesn’t seem to do that… (I’m still hopeful but also since I test drove one that had the NCA very confused.)

Reactions: RBMB
Such a weird back and forth…
I posted the question in the app but of course got the RWD has NCA batteries like the Long Range AWD …
Sure sounds like there is a lot of hazy info on this model y. Really wish that they would just state it all specific terms but the ethos of the company I’m discovering doesn’t seem to do that… (I’m still hopeful but also since I test drove one that had the NCA very confused.)
I know someone picking up theirs today so hopefully they can confirm.

Reactions: Werdmai
Picked up the RWD today at Paramus NJ.

I believe the following screenshot confirms it's not LFP. The advisor told me it was LFP when I asked today. I don't think they have a clue honestly.

No scratches, basic autopilot worked well on the fairly short ten mile drive home. At 80 percent max charge, range reports as 205 miles.

I'm in NJ, so after 4k pos credit , no sales tax (3k savings ) and the 7500 fed credit I'll get on my tax return, it's the same price effectively as buying a $31k ICE vehicle

Let me know if y'all have questions.

1000039961.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20231117_220314457.jpg
    PXL_20231117_220314457.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 19
Picked up the RWD today at Paramus NJ.

I believe the following screenshot confirms it's not LFP. The advisor told me it was LFP when I asked today. I don't think they have a clue honestly.

No scratches, basic autopilot worked well on the fairly short ten mile drive home. At 80 percent max charge, range reports as 205 miles.

I'm in NJ, so after 4k pos credit , no sales tax (3k savings ) and the 7500 fed credit I'll get on my tax return, it's the same price effectively as buying a $31k ICE vehicle

Let me know if y'all have questions.

View attachment 991588
Just want to congrats you on being the first to take delivery. Honestly gave me hope these cars are actually going to be delivered to us. Did you spot any more RWD at the dealership?

Also can you share when you ordered and what your build was?

Just want to congrats you on being the first to take delivery. Honestly gave me hope these cars are actually going to be delivered to us. Did you spot any more RWD at the dealership?

Also can you share when you ordered and what your build was?
I am in NJ as well, my EDD has been pushed back to 11/27-12/6. I noticed today, the $4K NJ POS credit no longer appears on my Price details, and the NJ Charge Up application that was prefilled shortly after I ordered is now missing in my documents. The NJ charge up website still shows about $5M remaining. Hoping the funds have not run out before I can finalized my purchase, if it does then I plan on cancelling.