Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 modelq/model3 headlight comewith new shape

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Model Q mule car spotted again.A flat tire had one of Tesla's mobile service working on it. note a camera or sensor inside headlight and no side mirrors. Interior looked almost identical to the Model3, but the headlight shape was different from any Tesla we've seen so far.

CFBC880C-A49B-4495-860E-4E57A26F579C.jpeg

A0704B67-8A3E-47D4-8A49-E3871C4DFDC4.jpeg

It's a Mazda CX-30, gas cap, door handles, and all. So I'm not sure you can make any conclusions about the headlight shape.

Mazda is likely negotiating powertrain contracts with Tesla and this is just a cobbled together proof-of-concept they are evaluating. Apparently they didn't want to put any effort into adapting Mazda lighting to the Tesla architecture so they just duct-taped some Model Y parts on there after a short sawzall session.

mazda-comparison.jpg

Reactions: E90alex
It's a Mazda CX-30, gas cap, door handles, and all. So I'm not sure you can make any conclusions about the headlight shape.

Mazda is likely negotiating powertrain contracts with Tesla and this is just a cobbled together proof-of-concept they are evaluating. Apparently they didn't want to put any effort into adapting Mazda lighting to the Tesla architecture so they just duct-taped some Model Y parts on there after a short sawzall session.

mazda-comparison.jpg
Your photos are of a different vehicle than the OP's photos which clearly show Tesla Model 3-esque front end, Tesla brembo brakes, sport aluminum wheels, Tesla flush door handles, no black body cladding, as a full on Tesla interior.

Last edited:
No the vehicle in your photos is not exactly the same. I'm not arguing that it's not based on a Mazda platform because it appears to be but the one in the OP's photos doesn't have sideview mirrors and the door handles are flush as there are no indentations or handles on the sides. It's pretty clear there are more than a few different mules running around as the ones in the OP's photos appear to be closer to production with Tesla interior and door handles.

Reactions: jcan and tm1v2