Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
lol that basically means Tesla is gonna send their own agents to get the cars out of the ship instead of port workers. The faster they get the cars out of the ship, the faster they can return to Shanghai for the next batch order. Tesla will lose money if they have to wait around for these strike to end

Reactions: Bob123
Contacted Tesla and was told:

Looking at your order I can see a vehicle has now been assigned. Our direct delivery team will be in contact soon regarding delivery

Some are at the port and some are still in transit

We will contact you very soon regarding the delivery arrangements.

I still can't see the VIN in my account. I'm a bit confused about what he said: "Some are at the port and some are still in transit".

Was there a ship landing in the UK recently with Model 3s?

I did get a VIN from Tesla, they say it's an expected VIN... ordered M3 Performance (Netherlands) end June last month. So I think Grande Torino did bring some M3's to Europe. Production date is end May '23 according Tesla VIN decoder.

I also got an 'expected VIN' from Tesla (also Netherlands), ordered M3 mid-june. They told me the car is on it's way to Tilburg. Please let me know if you get any updates.

Reactions: DM231191
I also got an 'expected VIN' from Tesla (also Netherlands), ordered M3 mid-june. They told me the car is on it's way to Tilburg. Please let me know if you get any updates.
try looking for your VIN in this link of the shipping company Hoegh...

Today the Hoegh Trove is scheduled to arrive in Zeebrugge, let's see if there is any luck.

try looking for your VIN in this link of the shipping company Hoegh...

Today the Hoegh Trove is scheduled to arrive in Zeebrugge, let's see if there is any luck.
Nah, I already did. I think it's Grande Torino which arrived last week.

I note that HOEGH TRIDENT has just departed Taicang for Zeebrugge (via a refuel stop off Singapore).
Normally at this time in the quarter I would say it would be unlikely to be carrying any Teslas however with CRYSTAL RAY and VIKING SEA at sea over the quarter-end that presumption may no longer be valid.
The good news is that, because it is a Hoegh vessel, once VINs have been found/allocated they can be checked HERE to see whether the car is onboard, or not. Please post on this thread if you found your VIN onboard!
ETA Zeebrugge 22 Jul

Can confirm that Hoegh Trident is indeed carrying TMY’s. My hidden VIN shows up in their cargo checker.

ETA Zeebrugge 23 Jul according to Hoegh.

Mine is a TMY RWD. Estimated build date 13 June.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
MORNING MARGARETA has now departed Shanghai South enroute to New Westminster, Canada. ETA should be 15 Jul.
Is it safe to assume that they're heading to New Westminster to avoid the large queue of ships in Vancouver?
The stevedores that drive the cars on/off car carriers are highly skilled at what they do. Tesla will contract a local agent to do this work.
There is no way they would work against a union.
Agreed...I would be very surprised if the union actually allowed that. Even though a local company would be contracted to do the work, the workers would have to be unionized. But then again, that news article said the union had complained about the BCMEA contracting outm aintenance tasks, so who knows?
That anchor location by Victoria is usually for Border Customs. I assume the Border Police will be boarding and inspecting the ship tomorrow morning before they continue on since it's pretty late in the afternoon already
She's still anchored there as of this morning, so time will tell...
uh oh

BRUH....that article says the average salary of a port worker last year was over $130K, plus benefits and pension. That's not gonna gain the union a whole lot of sympathy with the public...
lol that basically means Tesla is gonna send their own agents to get the cars out of the ship instead of port workers. The faster they get the cars out of the ship, the faster they can return to Shanghai for the next batch order. Tesla will lose money if they have to wait around for these strike to end
See above note about unionized workers...but like I said, who knows lol. Either way, I don't see them waiting around forever. If they can't use non-union workers to unload the ship, they'll just send it south to Tacoma.

Absolutely no way this is going to happen.

• Funny
Reactions: CaptStealthy