Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Newbie here, so apologies if I’m re-asking a question.

During each quarter Tesla make multiple shipments with the last one in the quarter’s arrival in a port/country coinciding with the end of the quarter in order to fully maximise the sale of that quarters production?

I have been told im getting a M3 LR RWD as a company car ( chuffed to bits to be honest) but expected delivery from the fleet company will be early October. Would that tie in with the last ship into the UK for Q3.

TIA
Company car leases don't follow consumer patterns. Tesla would prefer the delivery be made in Sep rather than Oct but they don't really get a say in it. Accordingly Tesla may offer incentives to the leasing company to conclude deals before quarter end but the car must be delivered to the end user to qualify.
So you may suddenly find that the leasing company is keen to deliver by the end of Sep.

Company car leases don't follow consumer patterns. Tesla would prefer the delivery be made in Sep rather than Oct but they don't really get a say in it. Accordingly Tesla may offer incentives to the leasing company to conclude deals before quarter end but the car must be delivered to the end user to qualify.
So you may suddenly find that the leasing company is keen to deliver by the end of Sep.
Thanks

I mentioned the other week the problem of scheduling a car carrier to arrive into Southampton Western Docks on a summer weekend - the clash with cruise ships and the potential delay until after the cruise ships have departed. It seems that GLOVIS SUNRISE has fallen victim to this type of delay. She was originally scheduled to arrive on 12 Aug and was even allocated a 17:30 docking time however reality has kicked in and whilst that time is fine to allow Saturday's cruise ships to depart, it doesn't allow enough time to unload before the early Sunday morning arrivals of the next bunch of cruise ships.
I don't expect her to dock until Sunday afternoon once the cruise ships have departed.
Correct, anthem of the seas leave at 1630 (but will be late) and then Glovis Sunrise docks in evening. Glovis Sunrise due to depart 15th at 10:00, so gives them a day, and my MYLR is on there 😍, for collection on 16th 🤪

That is interesting.
The ship is on a scheduled service and its stop prior to Zeebrugge is Livorno, Italy on 19 Aug.
I wonder whether cars for S Europe are being unloaded in Livorno?
It would appear to be the case.
Ok why not. But I'm really in the north of France, very close to Zebrugge (around 1 hour by road).
The Hoegh autoliner tracking website gives me specific info regarding my VIN no ? So it should give me the "arrival date" of the destination of my car no not the termination of the trip ?

Ok why not. But I'm really in the north of France, very close to Zebrugge (around 1 hour by road).
The Hoegh autoliner tracking website gives me specific info regarding my VIN no ? So it should give me the "arrival date" of the destination of my car no not the termination of the trip ?
It should tell you where the car is to be unloaded and the date.

I'm in the same situation than @Quentin Millet and i guess same delivery center base on his info :)
The only difference is that mine is on the morning carina that stop in barcelona...

Delivery date: 26th
Arrival date at Barcelona: 16th
Arrival date at Zeebrugge: 28th

Maybe Tesla is not using Zeebrugge for France ? (even if we are at the belgium border)

I'm in the same situation than @Quentin Millet and i guess same delivery center base on his info :)
The only difference is that mine is on the morning carina that stop in barcelona...

Delivery date: 26th
Arrival date at Barcelona: 16th
Arrival date at Zeebrugge: 28th

Maybe Tesla is not using Zeebrugge for France ? (even if we are at the belgium border)
Oh okay good info, so we are close each other 😁. Where did you get that info for your car ? We can exchange in private if you want.

SUMMARY 12 Aug 23

GLOVIS SUNRISE
She has arrived off Southampton and is waiting until probably late tomorrow to dock.

VIKING SEA ETA Vancouver 13 Aug.

MORNING CARINA ETA Barcelona 16 Aug and Zeebrugge on 28 Aug

GLOVIS CARAVEL ETA Brisbane 16 Aug

MORNING COMPOSER Initially heading to Tacoma (13 Aug) but thereafter to New Westminster, probably around 16 Aug.

HOEGH TRADER Baltimore to Zeebrugge (22 Aug) with MS/MX.
If you have a VIN then you can check to see if your car is onboard by clicking HERE. Don't forget to let me know if you successfully find your car!

HOEGH TOKYO due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 24 Aug. She is confirmed to be carrying some MY.
If you have a VIN then you can check to see if your car is onboard by clicking HERE. Don't forget to let me know if you successfully find your car!

HOEGH DETROIT ETA Zeebrugge 9 Sep. Not yet confirmed to be carrying Teslas.

MORNING CAROL From Shanghai to Dubai ETA 22 Aug.

TURANDOT ETA Brisbane 22 Aug

GLOVIS SPIRIT Pier 80 - Taiwan ETA 28 Aug

Track the ships here. Positions are the most accurate available (via satellite).

SUMMARY 12 Aug 23

GLOVIS SUNRISE
She has arrived off Southampton and is waiting until probably late tomorrow to dock.

MORNING COMPOSER Initially heading to Tacoma (13 Aug) but thereafter to New Westminster, probably around 16 Aug.

HOEGH TOKYO due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 24 Aug. She is confirmed to be carrying some MY.

Track the ships here. Positions are the most accurate available (via satellite).
Is it possible to know if GRANDE MEDITERRANEO is carrying Model Y Teslas?
The route seems fit.

SUMMARY 12 Aug 23

GLOVIS SUNRISE

Quick question, are the links for the hoegh same? Because i click on tokyo i get the same link as detriot. I know both are hoegh ships buy shouldnt they be seperat links?

I'm given to understand that Shanghai will start production of the refreshed Model 3 on Monday.
The 'market launch' date remains unknown but in order to reach EU markets this quarter the ships will realistically need to depart by 25 Aug ( 31 Aug for Barcelona & Koper).
If there is an intention to deliver the first cars within Q3 then I expect the next 2 weeks to be very busy shipping-wise.
Alternatively, there may be a plan to slowly ramp-up production and stockpile the cars for Q4 delivery.
We shall see....
Given everything we know about new production lines getting started and ramped, the second alternative seems a lot more likely - first refreshed Model 3s in Europe sometime in October. This also gives Tesla a chance to clear out whatever remaining inventory of the current version they have in Europe (particularly in the UK) without being forced to introduce aggressive price cuts.

Hi!
I'm waiting for an MY RWD, I have an EDD 5 september - 19 september (I live in sweden), I can not find my car when using the links and the VIN number, is it correct to type in the whole vin number? I think the car should be on one of the boats listed above, anybody have a clue or tips how I can find my car?

Hi!
I'm waiting for an MY RWD, I have an EDD 5 september - 19 september (I live in sweden), I can not find my car when using the links and the VIN number, is it correct to type in the whole vin number? I think the car should be on one of the boats listed above, anybody have a clue or tips how I can find my car?
Most likely on Morning Carina for Zeebrugge, and then a ship will go from Zeebrugge to south of Sweden. I guess it's south since mine is scheduled for 3 september in Malmo (Perhaps they will manage to get to Stockholm in 2 days from Malmo).

But on Morning Carina you can't search for VIN.

Most likely on Morning Carina for Zeebrugge, and then a ship will go from Zeebrugge to south of Sweden. I guess it's south since mine is scheduled for 3 september in Malmo (Perhaps they will manage to get to Stockholm in 2 days from Malmo).

But on Morning Carina you can't search for VIN.

According to Marinetraffic it will stop and unload in Barcelona, maybe unloading all cars, is that possible? And then transporting the car with trucks to Sweden? I don't know, just speculating.

According to Marinetraffic it will stop and unload in Barcelona, maybe unloading all cars, is that possible? And then transporting the car with trucks to Sweden? I don't know, just speculating.
Morning Carina will stop in Barcelona yes, but then continue to Zeebrugge with more cars.

And then probably a KESS vessel will load for Sweden. My contact at Axess Logistics has said a ship will go from Zeebrugge via Gothenburg and continue down to Malmoe and possibly up towards Stockholm.