Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a delivery date of August - September, actual date showing as 25/09/2023 and Tesla have told me that my car is not in the UK, so not yet allocated and obviously not one of the cars in Southampton, however they seem pretty adament that the dates are accurate and a car will be allocated and arrive before end of September, which suggests another ship, assuming they are correct?

Model Y Performance - Delivery to Glasgow.

Actual arrival time is now 02:00 on 23 Aug
How long you think it will take for my tesla get to sweden?
I assume my model y rwd is on this ship since i dont/ havent gotten a match when i searched with my VIN on the hoegh website.

I have 12-26 sep as EDD and my final invoice says 21 sep.

I just wanna know if you know how long it will take after they onload the cars at Zeebrugge to sweden?
And as always thank you for you work!

Hello Mr. Miserable.

Right now I am following two ships that will soon arrive in Shanghai, as soon as next Wednesday.

The first one is the HOEGH JEDDAH that will load in Taicang and then head towards Livorno and Zeebrugge. Maybe a handful of MY?

The second one is the THERMOPYLAE, which after two days in Shanghai, will go to Barcelona, where it would arrive on September 20. But we will have to see which port it is going to and see how the situation is in the South port regarding whether there are cars waiting to be shipped.

These are their schedules.. what do you think about these ships??
Always a possibility of some cars on Hoegh ships departing Shanghai. She arrives in Zeebrugge on 25 Sep and so a bit tight to guarantee delivery by 30 Sep.
I'm not so sure about THERMOPYLAE although the timing is good for a Barcelona drop. One to watch though.

I have a delivery date of August - September, actual date showing as 25/09/2023 and Tesla have told me that my car is not in the UK, so not yet allocated and obviously not one of the cars in Southampton, however they seem pretty adament that the dates are accurate and a car will be allocated and arrive before end of September, which suggests another ship, assuming they are correct?

Model Y Performance - Delivery to Glasgow.
That's interesting and I've noted it.
There are a couple of ships that have yet to transit Suez whose final destination remains unknown.

How long you think it will take for my tesla get to sweden?
I assume my model y rwd is on this ship since i dont/ havent gotten a match when i searched with my VIN on the hoegh website.

I have 12-26 sep as EDD and my final invoice says 21 sep.

I just wanna know if you know how long it will take after they onload the cars at Zeebrugge to sweden?
And as always thank you for you work!
There are generally 2 Swedish destinations for Teslas, Malmo and Sodertalje.
DANUBE HIGHWAY is currently enroute to Malmo although your delivery date suggests your car may be on MORNING CARINA.

Ignore, the delivery date literally just changed to October - November, so you must be right about no more ships to the UK this quarter.
If it's any consolation my MY which was delivered in Aug 22 (as expected) had at one point, about a month before, an EDD of Dec 22!
EDDs are not that reliable - expect it to move back to Sept next week.

DANUBE HIGHWAY will next call at Malmo on 4 Sep - nothing found for Sodertalje yet.
According to the kess sailing schedule DANUBE HIGHWAY will arrive at sodertalje 29 aug. But the thing is the destination before that is cuxhaven and not Zeebrugge. So i dont know if they will get the cars to cuxhaven and then from there to sweden with DAUBE HIGHWAY or not.

It will sail to Zeebrugge and will arrive there 1 sep after sodertalje and then back to Malmo om 4 sep.

Another ship going to sodertalje is MALACAA HIGHYWAY but it will arrive 23 aug so i doubt it that it has mine onboard.

SUMMARY 21 Aug 23

HOEGH TRADER
Baltimore to Zeebrugge (22 Aug) with MS/MX.
If you have a VIN then you can check to see if your car is onboard by clicking HERE. Don't forget to let me know if you successfully find your car!

MORNING CARINA from Shanghai will arrive Zeebrugge on 24 Aug

HOEGH TOKYO due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 30 Aug. She is confirmed to be carrying some MY.
If you have a VIN then you can check to see if your car is onboard by clicking HERE. Don't forget to let me know if you successfully find your car!

HOEGH DETROIT ETA Zeebrugge 9 Sep. Not yet confirmed to be carrying Teslas.

MORNING COMPOSER I'm not sure what is happening with his ship at the moment. She called at Tacoma and was meant to then head to Vancouver but she appears to be currently anchored off Tacoma.

DREAM DIVA Vancouver ETA ~30 Aug

MORNING CAROL From Shanghai to Dubai ETA 25 Aug.

TURANDOT ETA Brisbane 22 Aug
GLOVIS CARAVEL Port Kembla either later today or tomorrow.

GLOVIS SPIRIT Pier 80 - Taiwan ETA 28 Aug

I think we can assume that no more ships will be leaving Shanghai for Southampton or Zeebrugge this quarter (ie shipping cars for delivery by 30 Sep). There remains about a week before shipments to Barcelona and Koper can be ruled out. Needless to say, it has been a very unusual quarter and I suspect the numbers from Shanghai will be disappointing overall despite an appreciable contribution from shipments to Canada and Australia. This drop almost certainly the result of M3 production lines stopping whilst reconfiguring for the refreshed M3 (Project Highland) rather than any reduction in demand. I have a suspicion that more use was made of the Haitong Terminal for shipments in Q3 possibly because of work on the new pier at Shanghai South.

Track the ships here. Positions are the most accurate available (via satellite).
@Mr Miserable I can confirm that I have a Model Y VIN on that the Hoegh Tokyo, it is headed for Denmark with a delivery window stating 7th till 21st of September.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
My VIN just went from visible to invisible.
EDD 22aug - 5sep
Its on the Hough Tokyo, so something not adding up.
@Cvilo that can happen, and also happened when we last bought a Tesla. For those curious about the Hoegh Tokyo and why it seems to be stuck outside Livorno. Ilt looks like it is a planned stop. Out is not supposed to depart Livorno before the 24th of August.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-22 at 13.03.34.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-22 at 13.03.34.png
    102.5 KB · Views: 73
2 ships have arrived in the Mediterranean from Shanghai that I have been keeping an eye on. They may not turn out to be moving Teslas at all but feature on my list of suspects: MEDITERRANEAN SEA is heading for Derince, Turkey (24 Aug) and LAKE COMO has just emerged from the Suez Canal and unhelpfully has yet to update her destination on her AIS. She doesn't appear to be heading for Koper or Barcelona.