Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love the work by mr miserable and others on this forum.

I ordered a Model Y RWD through my company car scheme which is through LeasePlan. Was informed by Tesla should be available end of Jan early Feb.

Any thoughts on what ship it could be on?

Many thanks.

Reactions: Frizzy
Love the work by mr miserable and others on this forum.

I ordered a Model Y RWD through my company car scheme which is through LeasePlan. Was informed by Tesla should be available end of Jan early Feb.

Any thoughts on what ship it could be on?

Many thanks.
As far as I can tell there isn't a ship heading to the UK at the moment but I expect one to leave in the next couple of weeks.
I suggest you keep checking back here - I post a summary daily.

Ordered my Model Y RWD on the 8th of November (Company car NL). Tesla told me back then i could receive it in December but still waiting for my VIN. Lets hope I get it this January :)
I ordered on November 2nd via Multilease. Also possible delivery in December but did not took place. Have hope for early February. Hoping a ship loaded with at least black/blue+towing is on its way to Zeebrugge

You should be OK for a March delivery but it very much depends on the output of the Shanghai GF. Read the first post of this thread to give you an idea of how the Tesla system works and what to expect. The problem in your case is that to get a 01 Mar delivery your car will probably have to be shipped from Shanghai prior to the factory shutdown on 20 Jan. A shipment in February will get you a March delivery but not 01 March.
Many thanks for information, I've read that post and now understand a little better how things work.

Just had a live chat with Tesla and they repeated the "January to March" dates. I countered by explaining the 4 week on a boat and then some time to get from Southampton to my dealership, means it couldn't possibly by January, so why are they telling me "January to March". At the very least it should be "February to March". He didn't have an answer ;-)

Guess I'll just wait for a match and text message! Then get back onto live chat to see if they can give me a VIN or ship.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Summary for Thursday 05 January

HOEGH ASIA
ETA Zeebrugge 20 Jan

GOLD XING I haven't found any evidence to support the idea that she is carrying Teslas. I will probably stop tracking her.

GRANDE CALIFORNIA ETA Zeebrugge aound 30 Jan.

Shanghai South has seen 2 ships visit, SEA HELINNIS and TARIFA, that are possibly/probably not Tesla related. Both these ships are heading to Northern Europe though.

No sign yet of a UK shipment. Could MSC IMMACOLATA be the one? She will arrive in Shanghai around 11 Jan. We shall see.....

Many thanks for information, I've read that post and now understand a little better how things work.

Just had a live chat with Tesla and they repeated the "January to March" dates. I countered by explaining the 4 week on a boat and then some time to get from Southampton to my dealership, means it couldn't possibly by January, so why are they telling me "January to March". At the very least it should be "February to March". He didn't have an answer ;-)

Guess I'll just wait for a match and text message! Then get back onto live chat to see if they can give me a VIN or ship.
Welcome to the world of Tesla ..try not to get disappointed by this. Tesla will only usually confirm a delivery 2 to 3 weeks before delivery date by which time the car is on the high seas. You can usually discover a VIN allocation well in advance of any notification from. Tesla. Use the link below and follow instructions, a VIN will be discoverable here well in advance of any formal notifications from Tesla. MR M i know this is not entirely shipping related (apologies) but just trying to help a new member.

A few of you have asked me if the @Frizzy Order Database is making a comeback. The only problem with the last version was that it took my time to keep it up to date. It was indeed helpful for me to see when others ordered their Tesla and how it was progressing for them. So I have set up a new spreadsheet that captures the same data as the old database. I have also copied over some data from the last few orders in the old database. It is currently an online spreadsheet and I will develop it further as time goes on. Feel free to add your order to the sheet and play with the filters! Click here to have a look. You can always find it again from my Linktree

I'm not sure if this is helpful but figured I would post anyway in case:

Model Y Standard order
Estimated Delivery on site: February 21 - March 09

No VIN assigned. From what I've been reading, I'm guessing it's touch and go whether my car is built/shipped before the factory closes on Jan 20th.

I'm not sure if this is helpful but figured I would post anyway in case:

Model Y Standard order
Estimated Delivery on site: February 21 - March 09

No VIN assigned. From what I've been reading, I'm guessing it's touch and go whether my car is built/shipped before the factory closes on Jan 20th.
Cars for Southern Ireland are shipped initially to Zeebrugge before crossloading to a feeder vessel to Dublin.
On that basis and based on your anticipated delivery dates I would expect your car to be built prior to the shutdown and shipped shortly afterwards.

Have added my details to the order database.

Ordered a Model Y RWD, blue, black interior and 19” wheels on 18th November via LeasePlan.

Original EDD, to Glasgow, was 21st March.
Was actually offered a collection the following week (assume a cancelled order) but too soon for me as having driveway done and no home charger yet so had to decline.

Will be keeping close eye on shipping news - so thanks to all involved!

Have added my details to the order database.

Ordered a Model Y RWD, blue, black interior and 19” wheels on 18th November via LeasePlan.

Original EDD, to Glasgow, was 21st March.
Was actually offered a collection the following week (assume a cancelled order) but too soon for me as having driveway done and no home charger yet so had to decline.

Will be keeping close eye on shipping news - so thanks to all involved!
That’s interesting as on the Tesla website it states 2-4 weeks. I ordered a grey MY RWD 20” wheels through lease plan end of Dec and was quoted EDD end Jan/early Feb.

That’s interesting as on the Tesla website it states 2-4 weeks. I ordered a grey MY RWD 20” wheels through lease plan end of Dec and was quoted EDD end Jan/early Feb.
One of the downsides of ordering via lease is no direct visibility of EDD, I guess. You don’t see it on your account until you’ve collected the car so any update on EDD is via emailing LeasePlan (who have been very helpful so far tbh).

Anyway, March would be fine for me as I should have all my landscaping and ev charger installed by then. Any earlier would be a bonus.

I just ordered a MY RWD MSM B/W + Tow a couple a days ago, estimated delivery date is still on TBD. Now I see these messages on this thread I hardly believe I will get mine before end of March.
Great work on all these information sharing everyone!

One of the downsides of ordering via lease is no direct visibility of EDD, I guess. You don’t see it on your account until you’ve collected the car so any update on EDD is via emailing LeasePlan (who have been very helpful so far tbh).

Anyway, March would be fine for me as I should have all my landscaping and ev charger installed by then. Any earlier would be a bonus.
Sorry I should have mentioned the Jan/Feb EDD was from Tesla, not saying that’s gospel! We both sit tight and wait I guess.

Reactions: Mistake Not
My order from aug 22 of M3 RWD basic in Poland was originally set for apr-jun 23 now the date is gone and still no vin i know people that ordered at dec and get their car on dec so I guess they forgot about my order, hope they will contact me soon.